The Dren's Guild (Gems of War)

Gems of War

Did you want to attempt the "Team Synergy" Achievement & 40K seals in 3 weeks??

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 13 (25.00%) Absolutely 100%, I live for helping my new guild members!

× 16 (30.77%) NO - I'm not interested in helping out!

× 23 (44.23%) Maybe - I am a slacker!

• Added 07-20-2017 01:44 AM
  • 52 votes
Well now that I am back to battling Fshguy in gamerscore I have less time for Gems each night. My goal is to still be able to buy a full Guild Statue, probably Red or Purple because those are the stats I want. "iR 4 VV" is real life friend of mine who plays daily but barely. I finally invited him now that we had slots open for awhile, he's not going to put up big numbers any time soon (he's only level 250) but I'm helping bring him along and you can consider my contributions making up for his slaking.
Looking for advice. I'm going to start the underworld. What should I do first and what is a good team. I see that there are several things that can be done but I don't know if I should work on them in a certain order or all at the same time.
Looking for advice. I'm going to start the underworld. What should I do first and what is a good team. I see that there are several things that can be done but I don't know if I should work on them in a certain order or all at the same time.
Originally Posted by N1ghtmareb4xmas
I'm no expert, so take this for what it is - advice offered with the best intentions.

Underworld is simply an extension of the overworld map, but instead of making more Kingdoms, they are making these factions that are tied to a Kingdom above. This allows us to get higher power levels because more four new troops and one pet are introduced with every underworld factions. These factions are leveled in a different way than Kingdoms, I'll spare you the details unless you ask a specific question, but all the details can be found here - https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-...Faction-Events

You get three delves a day, and you can initiate any of the factions you have unlocked (very quick quest to unlock each). If you cannot play that day, still go start the delves and just leave. That will use up your three delves and you will still get three the next days. Unfortunately this is really the only way you can carry them over and you can only do one per faction.

Edit: sorry have to run and no time to finish. But keep either Crypt Keepers or that new one at level 20, never complete it, so you can farm it for resources.
Last edited 01-09-2019 at 07:38 PM by Kaens.
Okay, new day let me try continuing...

Each delve is an exploration of a map, that map is unique to the faction. When you view the faction details you will see there are 4 ways to earn faction renown..
  1. Beating the delve
  2. Beating the delve without dying
  3. Beating the devle using only troops from that faction
  4. leveling up the treasure to 100

This is the equivalent to leveling up the power levels in the Kingdoms above and your rewards will eventually be stat increase and a pet at renown 2000 (I think). Now remember, you can only do three of these a day (except during faction events) so takes a long time. So pick a faction and let's get started.

When you begin a delve you will first choose the level of the delve, normally you will see three choices, similar to PVP which decides your starting reward multiplier (0.5,1, or 2). As you progress through the map, each room will improve your rewards, the quality of the rewards, and grant future enemies in the delve bonuses. In order to maximize the rewards you will want to farm the hardest rooms first, clear all the rooms then take out the boss room. What makes this mode different from the others is your group is persistent from room to room. So if a bulette shuffles your group early, they will be shuffled the entire rest of the delve. If one of your troops die, they will not be resurrected you will start with one less troop. If you are transformed, you will be transformed the rest of the devle, you get the idea. However, that also means if you summon a dragon and it doesn't die, he will be with you in the next room, so you can use it to your advantage.

Important: Leave Crypt Keepers or the Warrens at level 20 to farm for rewards. What do i mean by this? When you complete a delve, the next time you start one in the same faction, the level options will advance. So if you run around leveling all of them up, you will have to farm, regardless of faction, at high level difficult fights. So leave Crypt Keepers because Warrens has an annoying troops that reorganizes your troops, but technically Warrens is probably better because there are more potential treasure rooms on the map. To "leave" it at 20, clear every room, but DO NOT go to the boss room! Instead leave the delve and claim the rewards. This is how you will farm the shards needed to open card packs in ALL of the factions and is the best method for farming legendary and mythic ingots.

That's all I can think of right now, except for specific troop questions you might ask. Let me know.
My tower team for the week of 2/18/19

Sharptooth (tower killer, maxed)
Mang (Sorcerer class)
Scylla (2 traits, not mythic)
Kraken (not mythic, but otherwise maxed)
Slayer Banner (+2 brown, +1 Purple)

I haven't yet reached the 4 tower level yet, but this team seems to be working quite well so far. Scylla keeps my guys submerged and out of harm's way from global attacks. Kraken keeps poking away every 4/5 match and keeps the barriers off. I haven't even used Mang on anything yet, but it will be useful later on.
Last edited 02-18-2019 at 06:45 PM by Hotdogmcgee.
My tower team for the week of 2/18/19

Sharptooth (tower killer, maxed)
Mang (Sorcerer class)
Scylla (2 traits, not mythic)
Kraken (not mythic, but otherwise maxed)
Slayer Banner (+2 brown, +1 Purple)

I haven't yet reached the 4 tower level yet, but this team seems to be working quite well so far. Scylla keeps my guys submerged and out of harm's way from global attacks. Kraken keeps poking away every 4/5 match and keeps the barriers off. I haven't even used Mang on anything yet, but it will be useful later on.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
My team...

2x sharptooth - legendary (not enough cards yet) but fully traited
Crystal Axe (event weapon) - fully upgrated, hero running Titan
Arachnaean Weaver - fully traited mythic
+1 blue/red banner

Sharptooths are meh tanks thanks to their tough scales giving them 30% reduction but they also have enraged so they hit through traits. Their spell is pretty awesome, especially when you get your 30% extra turns or full mana (or both). I'm using hero to generate mana, and backup damage in a emergency. Arachnaean weaver is doing a lot for this team
  • It is helping cover all the colors
  • Early levels it will of course web the non towers
  • Damage across the board clears barrier, I use before the sharptooths
  • Cleanup damage at higher levels because I can't one shot the towers any more

I am on the 4x towers and usually it is easy but I did loose completely one time and it happened before I even realized what happened. So not perfect, but getting the job done.
Also, I'm sitting on enough orb of clans for 3300 seals, and the wife has enough for 3600. Just been saving them up for when we get close enough cash them in for the 40k chests. If a couple others start saving them up, maybe it will happen sooner rather than later.

and for Kaens, I don't have an Arachnean Weaver, but have been considering a second Sharptooth. The attack quickly failed to one-shot, but the skull damage is still tremendous. I can Mang the armor away and then clean up with the Sharptooth, and I usually try to hold off Sharptooth until Mang is close or full, simply because they both use the same colors. It may not be the best, but it did clear 250 towers on my holiday day off.
Count me in. I've been holding onto the orb of clans as well.
Also, I'm sitting on enough orb of clans for 3300 seals, and the wife has enough for 3600. Just been saving them up for when we get close enough cash them in for the 40k chests. If a couple others start saving them up, maybe it will happen sooner rather than later.

and for Kaens, I don't have an Arachnean Weaver, but have been considering a second Sharptooth. The attack quickly failed to one-shot, but the skull damage is still tremendous. I can Mang the armor away and then clean up with the Sharptooth, and I usually try to hold off Sharptooth until Mang is close or full, simply because they both use the same colors. It may not be the best, but it did clear 250 towers on my holiday day off.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Yeah I was trying to use the new weapon, and it's okay for generating the reds and stuff I need but I think I should switch to Mang because when it goes south it's bad. I tried to use megavore to clear all the armor at once but it was so slow to start because he's in 4 slot. I thought about leaving megavore and using mountain crusher to clear, but I'm blocked by the two sharptooths. So I think I'm going to try your route and use mang, but leave weaver. I just hate nothing having anything to clear the board. need some splosions! Overall though, I hate this event. I don't know how you guys get so many attempts unless you are spending tons of gems on sigils and I don't think that's a good use. Granted I do see we have two on leaderboard so I guess that's worth it. Personally I prefer bounty hunter and class events.

As for guild treasure thingie, I have 9 regular and 2 major purple. Personally I would prefer we wait for something good to go for it, but you know whatever the team wants.
I have over 5000. The guild does 20k regularly so we could do it with a couple more people pitching in. What makes a week good for guild chests?
I have over 5000. The guild does 20k regularly so we could do it with a couple more people pitching in. What makes a week good for guild chests?
Originally Posted by smokenrocket
Personally I don't care when we do it. My biggest problem with our guild is that we don't hit that 20,000 or our totem buys until the weekend. Which means all week when I'm playing, we get no bonuses, then the weekend shows up, people buy things up and we have the bonuses for a few hours on Sunday. Just stupid waste. I would rather everyone just saves their money and drop it all on Monday. That's what I do, and I was able to drop 2.6M every Monday so everyone playing gets +2magic (since I've been doing purple) all week long. Then I save all week, and drop it the following Monday.
I put tons of enjoyable hours and donated millionsto the guild into this game in order to complete it but these days I only play a little for fun and wind down at the end of the day. The only thing that continues to interest me is collecting cards I don't have. I simply was wondering why you wanted to wait to cash in for the guild chests. Do rewards change week to week like the event chests? Guild hasn't done that level since I joined so I don't know what the rewards are but my understanding it just gives a chance for mythics...

I always like to go for the best bang for the buck so if indeed the odds of getting better items during a certain week then I'm fine with waiting
I put tons of enjoyable hours and donated millionsto the guild into this game in order to complete it but these days I only play a little for fun and wind down at the end of the day. The only thing that continues to interest me is collecting cards I don't have. I simply was wondering why you wanted to wait to cash in for the guild chests. Do rewards change week to week like the event chests? Guild hasn't done that level since I joined so I don't know what the rewards are but my understanding it just gives a chance for mythics...

I always like to go for the best bang for the buck so if indeed the odds of getting better items during a certain week then I'm fine with waiting
Originally Posted by smokenrocket
Just in case, I'm not saying you or anyone else isn't donating enough, I'm saying WHEN people donate is a waste of money and we only get the items not the benefit of completing the totems earlier in the week.

As for these guild chests, We can do it anytime you want, like I said, I have 5700 I can drop to help out. As far as I know, the contents don't change and the best place to get the things you are missing would be event keys (just because the pool is limited so you can target what you want). Someone decide, post up and let's do it. But we should do it on a weekday so everyone has a chance to redeem their tokens.
When a new mythic is released periodically, it is the only mythic available in the chests that are opened with glory, gem, guild and VIP keys. So those are the best times to use guild keys/seals if you've saved up a good amount.
Personally I don't care when we do it. My biggest problem with our guild is that we don't hit that 20,000 or our totem buys until the weekend. Which means all week when I'm playing, we get no bonuses, then the weekend shows up, people buy things up and we have the bonuses for a few hours on Sunday. Just stupid waste. I would rather everyone just saves their money and drop it all on Monday. That's what I do, and I was able to drop 2.6M every Monday so everyone playing gets +2magic (since I've been doing purple) all week long. Then I save all week, and drop it the following Monday.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Why not just save up for a couple of weeks and knock out a few tasks at once. It would funnel the other smaller donations into completing the rest of the tasks, and encourage some of us that have some gold built up to drop more than normal. The wife & I each keep our gold over 1,000,000 and usually only drop a few hundred k a week to bump a couple of tasks to the next level, usually the blue for the gems.

If you picked a time, say first or last week of a month, to regularly drop the big coin, I'm sure a few of us others would save up for that week.
Thanks for the info Vader! So we just need to agree on what mythic we want to target.

I only contribute towards blue for the gems every week. So I can use the gems to buy chests to try and get the cards I'm missing.
As far as using our seal orbs, I would say wait a bit so we can build a stockpile of seals before we blow all our orbs. I currently only have 1k seals because I cashed them in last week Frown
When a new mythic is released periodically, it is the only mythic available in the chests that are opened with glory, gem, guild and VIP keys. So those are the best times to use guild keys/seals if you've saved up a good amount.
Originally Posted by Dvader83
Shows you your horrific odds at any given time..
https://www.taransworld.com/Chest/

Shows upcoming troops..
https://www.taransworld.com/Spoilers/

Tons of good info at this site in general, if you are serious about this game you should be using it. Also you should be registered and using https://gowdb.com/
As far as using our seal orbs, I would say wait a bit so we can build a stockpile of seals before we blow all our orbs. I currently only have 1k seals because I cashed them in last week Frown
Originally Posted by pTartTX
I'm down with that, I'm basically down with whatever the group decides. Where's Dren? This is all his fault Wink

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account