Member of the Month December 2014 (GTN ERIC)

Community Interviews

Found 10 posts - Go to Last Post

We've seen another successful year here at GTN and even though it's not been without it's ups and downs we certainly have started to grow better as a community. Looking around I noticed something the other day and well it's been a long time in the coming but you know I realized we don't know a lot about our founder, so I decided, even though he never asked to be on the list we should get to know him.

Name:
Eric Lavender

What do you do for a living?
I just signed on as a UI Designer for a company here in Richardson, Texas. Prior to that, I was in charge of Marketing for a small company in Addison, Texas. My lifelong passion is web development and design, so that's where Gamertag Nation comes in. It's more of a part-time job at this point.

Tell me about your Gamertag?
GTN ERIC
It's pretty boring... GTN (Gamertag Nation) Eric (my name).

When did you start playing?
I started playing religiously back in the mid-90's. Since then, with work and school getting in the way, I've been a bit slacking in the gaming department.

What's your play style? Ex: booster? Completionist? How often and long do you play?
I consider myself a casual gamer. I play games as a means of recreation, though some times (especially when I play FIFA), I can get pretty competitive.

Tell me a good gaming story or experience? ex: Epic win/fail, marathon, accomplishment, a time you visited a game convention or met someone...or anything.
One of my greatest accomplishments (aside from creating this site of course) was completing the endless set list on Rock Band. It took forever to complete, but it was totally worth it.

What's your favorite game genre?
I'm a sucker for Sports games.

Whats your favorite game on 360? ONE? Of all time (any system)
Believe it or not, I was asked this question when interviewing for a job. My game library is fairly small compared to most, but I would have to say Borderlands 2 or Far Cry 3 (take your pick).

If you were a Video Game or game character who and why?
I'd like to be Aiden from Watch Dogs. It would be cool to hack into things around the city. No more red lights to deal with it! Woohooo!

Are you looking forward to any new releases?
Not at the moment, but I am looking forward to playing Far Cry 4 at some point.

Do you collect or not so much?
Not so much, I simply don't have the money to collect games.

What's your favorite feature on GTN?
I like the activity feed. I think it's neat being able to see all of your recent games, achievements and other gaming activities all in one place.

What would you tell people about GTN if you were trying to get them to join?
I'd tell them it's the best website ever. Wink No really, if you're looking for a better gaming experience, then Gamertag Nation is the place to be.

Is there anything you would like added to the site?
There's a bunch, but for starters I'm eager to see the game sessions feature in action.

As the founder and creator of the site tell us what your vision is and where you'd like to see GTN go?
I'd like to see it become a mainstay for Xbox Live gamers all around the world. A place for gamers to connect with other gamers and compete with each other.

Are you happy with the community and the way the site is holding up and growing?
Absolutely. The community is what makes the site. I'm only one of many members here, and I'd like to see that grow exponentially over the next several years.

Thank you Eric it's nice to know you and I hope we continue to grow as you wish and get to see you a little more often.. Thanks you sir for a wonderful site.
Last edited 01-08-2015 at 02:23 PM by B8TINGU.
I was excited to learn more about Eric, but man he was short on the answers! Good to see your vision for the site and to see how involved you are (which also was old news, we all knew that).
Thanks for creating the site Eric. You're right it is a better gaming experience. I only use other sites for achievement help and those sites are Xbox exclusive. I often use Steam guides just as much. You're site is perfect for my OCD.
Thanks Eric. I feel more important here than I do with any other sites that are around. Smile
Personal side, married or have any kids?
Originally Posted by SpectreSubZero
I don't think so, but I think that was too much of a personal question, I wanted to keep things gaming related..but maybe I'll add that as a bonus question if future members want to answer it.. I'm still sort of new at this...
Thanks for everything you do, Eric and congrats on being MotM.
Congrats on being MotM GTN Eric
Originally Posted by QuiCkz Ninja
I think we should start a Member of the Year (MotY) with Eric being the first member....

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account