Member of the Month March 2016 (Daemon)

Community Interviews

Found 7 posts - Go to Last Post

(sung in the tune of The Battle Hymn of the Republic Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! ) My eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the member of the moment, he's unlocked 4,025 achievements for G 79,158 and joined GTN 07-06-2014... The last game he played was Tales from the Borderlands... Glory, glory hallelujah! GTN is here to help you know him!!! ( mumbling something and something)..... And the year goes marching on!!!! Ok.. ok I'll stop... really though, what better way to introduce our next gaming demon but with an old time battle hymn...and speaking of him...(see what I did there?) Let'f poke around and see what we can dig up....(You'll get that one later on in the interview...)

Name:
Billy Mott

Where do you live?:
Louisville, Kentucky

What do you do for a living?
I work as a style op in the photo studio for Amazon.com and Zappos.com helping photograph the shoes that are featured for sale on their websites.

Tell me about your Gamertag?
My gamertag has two meanings: in computing a Daemon is a computer program that runs as a background process, rather than being under the direct control of an interactive user. In mythology, daemons are benevolent or benign nature spirits, beings of the same nature as both mortals and deities, similar to ghosts, chthonic heroes, spirit guides, forces of nature or the deities themselves.

When did you start playing?
I started gaming in the early 80s as a child when my father brought home a NES system and I have been hooked ever since.

What's your play style? Ex: booster? Completionist?
I am a self proclaimed achievement whore. I can't help but try to obtain as many achievements as I can and get my gamerscore up.

How often and long do you play?
I play most days when I can, but my peak times are on the weekends when I don't have to work where I can play all day unless the wife wants to do something or she wants to play.

What is your current gaming set up like?
I have a PS4, WiiU, Xbox One, PS2, 3DS, and a Retron 3000 which plays NES, SNES and Sega Genesis games.

Tell me a good gaming story or experience? ex: Epic win/fail, marathon, accomplishment, a time you visited a game convention or met someone...or anything.
That would have to be meeting my wife on a private World of Warcraft server where I was working as a GM. I had hired her to work for me and a month or so later, we really started talking and got close. We started dating though long distance. After 2 years, she moved in with me and we got married a year later.

Do you have a special shout out to anyone in particular in the gaming community?
I would like to give a shout out to everyone here on GTN, my wife who lets me game as much as I want without complaining and to Hideo Kojima & Guillermo del Toro whom I hope will be able to finally get together to create an awesome game.

What's your favorite game genre?
I am a huge fan of open world RPGs. I like being able to do what I want and explore the world in anyway that I want. Plus, I think that they offer a huge replay value to the games outside of the DLCs that will come with it.

What’s your favorite game on 360? Red Dead Redemption
ONE? Fallout 4
Of all time (any system) It would a toss up between Final Fantasy IV and VI. Though I also love all of TellTale's games.

What is your worst game and Why?
I'm horrible at FPS games. I'm okay when it comes to the single player campaign, but if I try to do multiplayer, I'm like a 3 month old flailing around on a keyboard. I die quick. Though I can play Fallout in first person mode easily. But yeah, I suck at shooters and it's why I don't play them as much.

If you were a Video Game or game character who and why?
That's a really good question. I think it would depend on the world and reason to it. I'd love to be Sepheroth because how much of a bad ass he is and to have the power he does. Commander Shepherd from the Mass Effect series because who wouldn't want to have command of the Normandy and travel the galaxy. John Marston from Red Dead Redemption so I could be a truly awesome cowboy. Jack Joyce from the upcoming Quantum Break game because it would be awesome to be able to slow down time. Yeah, I'd probably rob a bank or two with it. I would say Max Payne for this, but I don't think I could handle all the crap that he had to go through and losing his family. And finally, Lee Everette because I've always wanted to be in a zombiepocalypse.

Are you looking forward to any new releases?
I have a few games that I'm really excited about: Quantum Break, http://www.gamertagnation.com/games/game-3761/"]Homefront: The Revolution[/url] and The new seasons of The Walking Dead game by TellTale.

Do you collect or not so much?
I mostly collect video games and Walking Dead comics, but currently don't have many of the comics yet but I'm working on it!

What else do you do besides gaming?
I have a film degree from Full Sail University so I love making movies and dabbling with special effects makeup. I also love editing and building sets. I'm also a huge zombie nut and I love everything about The Walking Dead.

What is your greatest accomplishment in life?
Outside of the obvious answers of my wife and children, I'm proud of my time in the Navy where I worked on awesome aircraft and got to see the world. I'm proud of graduating from college and getting my degree and I'm proud that I've reached a point in my life where I'm happy with where I'm at.

What's your favorite feature on GTN?
Being an achievement whore, I love the badges. It really feeds my desire to get them.

What would you tell people about GTN if you were trying to get them to join?
Come join GTN! It's an amazing community where everyone can come and feel welcome. Plus they have badges and hidden Mystery Badges that are really hard to find and I'm hoping someone will help me find the new hidden badge icons so I can unlock them... hint hint...

Is there anything you would like added to the site?
I'd like the option to be able to change the theme of the site. Maybe give us different color options to choose from or we can customize our own. Give the site a bit more of a personal touch to each of the users if that can't be done, I'll settle for a shrine to myself or even a Daemon badge!
That's awesome, Daemon. I'm a big fan of the mailer-daemon personally Smile Thanks for your service, and reading your bio we sound very similar in tastes and thinking.
Hmm. I see you can respond to Jeff's messages, Billy.... JK

Nice read brother, congrats and welcome to the MotM club!

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account