Member of the Month March 2017 (DJ Psyanyde)

Community Interviews

Found 12 posts - Go to Last Post

Do you hear that? Well its may be a faint sound but I bet if you listen really carefully you'll hear the next member of the month cranking out the tunes.. and this guy could be considered lethal (at least for an hour)...cause not only is he a Real Time Strategist but a real sick gamer too. They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, well sit back and catch the beats that is the beauty of GTN's very own mixer of madness.

Name:
Brandon

Where do you live?
Currently living in Salt Lake City, Utah.

What do you do for a living?
I am lucky enough to have been able to make a career out of playing music as a professional DJ.

Tell me about your Gamertag?
DJ Psyanyde
Well since my professional name is DJ Psyanyde when it came time a long time ago to set up any online identity it just made sense to stick with what was familiar.

When did you start playing?
My earliest gaming memories started with either coin op arcade games like Space Invaders, Asteroids or Battlezone the first console we ever had in our house was a Magnavox Odyssey 200 and followed by pretty much every console until now.

What's your play style? Ex: booster? Completionist? How often and long do you play?
When I have time I like to complete whatever I start playing but I have become almost a hoarder when it comes to games at this time of this I have a little over 1000 games between the 360, XBLA and the Xbox One.

I prefer playing single player. Online and multiplayer are ok for the occasional boosting session, but they’re not really my fancy. There’s just too many people online who only yell, swear, mod games, and ruin gameplay for ‘fun’.

What’s your current gaming setup like?
Living room setup:73 inch 4k LED tv, Pioneer 1500 watt 8.2 surround sound system, Xbox 360 Slim, Xbox One S 2 TB with custom built 24TB raid box attached for game storage.

Bedroom Setup: 65 inch 1080P LCD flatscreen, Sonos Sound bar, Xbox 360 E series, and my Xbox Day One console

and currently underway is a kinect room setup with 1080P projector with xbox 360 slim and xbox one 2 console with kinects attached.

Tell me a good gaming story or experience? ex: Epic win/fail, marathon, accomplishment, a time you visited a game convention or met someone...or anything.
Ultimate Defender is a 60 minute survival of an endless onslaught on enemies in Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 after trying numerous times to complete this in various groups one day I logged in four controllers and was able to earn this by myself and got a noise complaint from the neighbors when it happened as I ran around like a lunatic screaming.

Do you have a special shout out to anyone in particular in the gaming community?
I have been fortunate enough to have had the opportunity to meet some incredible people that while we don't always talk anymore will always be people I call friends.

What's your favorite game genre?
I would have to say that RTS games like the Command and Conquer series or first person shooter/adventure games like Fallout or Oblivion.

What’s your favorite game on 360? ONE? Of all time (any system)
Arcade - Tempest
360 - Oblivion/Skyrim or the Guitar Hero/Rock Band games
One - Fallout 4
Favorite of all time has to be either Rogue Squadron on the N64 or Ghost Recon on the original Xbox

What is your worst game and Why?
Phantasy Star Universe holds the distinction for me as the game that i dislike the most of anything i have ever played.

If you were a Video Game or game character who and why?
Because of what I do for a living i think it would be cool to one day have a digital likeness of me added to one of the music games with one of my songs in the game.

Are you looking forward to any new releases?
Mass Effect Andromeda, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Crackdown for the One, and the game I most want to play is the kickstarter funded Friday the 13th.

Do you collect or not so much?
Yeah my collection is growing to the point where I don't know if it will ever be possible to play everything I own.

What else do you do besides gaming?
Photography both still image and video have become a new hobby and I also am a big sports fan and go to as many games as I can season tickets to University of Utah football and I travel a lot so I have the opportunity to catch games all across the country.

What's your favorite feature on GTN?
Obviously the badge system and the way it drives me to play or complete things that I otherwise wouldn't and the ability to create collections of things I have (I need to update that).

What would you tell people about GTN if you were trying to get them to join?
That the community isn't filled with children or at least it doesn't seem to feel that way.

Is there anything you would like added to the site?
It would be cool if there was more sponsored events or challenges possibly with actual prizes or games to win.

GTN on Facebook
Congrats! Tempest was also one of my favorites from the arcade days. I have the game for the 360, but its unplayable without a knob Frown
Welcome to the MotM club! How you like living with all them crazy Mormons up there?
So when I read that I picked up on two things.
  1. We don't talk enough anymore
  2. I apparently suck so bad at GRAW it's better to have a dead stick than me.
So when I read that I picked up on two things.
  1. We don't talk enough anymore
  2. I apparently suck so bad at GRAW it's better to have a dead stick than me.
Originally Posted by Kaens
If i recall correctly you kept getting booted the previous attempts or else couldn't hear chat. And we talk not nearly as much but far more often than Lee from england. Relationships change lots of things for the good for some (you and him) and the bad (mostly me)

Say the word and I am up for another run at it and we never did finish future soldier so there's that PLUS that whole wildlands thing that i mentioned
Last edited 03-01-2017 at 06:56 PM by DJ Psyanyde.
Say the word and I am up for another run at it and we never did finish future soldier so there's that PLUS that whole wildlands thing that i mentioned
Originally Posted by DJ Psyanyde
FYI I've been putting off stuff like this until June/July when I have my new house and my own man cave so i can actually be on the headset and talk.
FYI I've been putting off stuff like this until June/July when I have my new house and my own man cave so i can actually be on the headset and talk.
Originally Posted by Kaens
You know, in July, I tend to play a level or two of GRAW Future whatever...
Awesome read it's always nice to know more about the members of GTN Smile

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account