All achievements map - cheating or not?

Minecraft (Win 10)

Found 21 posts - Go to Last Post

Is it devious or advantageous?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 0 (0%) Yes, it's cgeating, you're a terrible human.

× 27 (69.23%) No, it's using the features to their fullest.

× 12 (30.77%) I don't care, just need the poll vote for a badge.

• Added 03-05-2016 01:52 PM
  • 39 votes
Check this out:

That's a link to a youtube video that has a link to import a map that has all the achievements for the game, except the 100 day one. By the time I found it, I had 2 left in the game, and used it for the wool dye achievement. Since then, I played normally and finished 100% last night. My question is this: is it cheating to use a map like that, or is it using the game to its advantage? TA already determined it wasnt, but I'm curious what this group might say about it.
I don't think its cheating, but it removes the point of a game, which is to, "have fun." I get more satisfaction out of hard work and time to get achievements
So I can't see the video, I guess it was taken down, but using someone's map in Minecraft is absolutely not cheating. Having friends or a map (which I am assuming the video portrayed) to help you earn achievements is not cheating. Cheesy, cheap, lame, sure.. those are all subjective. Cheating, more black and white and this is not cheating.
I believe its not cheating, a user chose to create this world and share it.
Well can't you join a friends world who would have say, all the colored wool pick it up and get that achievement, or someone who activated the end portal. If this is the case using a map to do it yourself is not cheating.
I'll agree not cheating, heck the 360 and ONE versions give you a tutorial map with practically hands you half the achievements anyway, but yea play for whatever reasons you want. I've played games for no other reason to get achievements...how many people do you know that have actually played and beaten Avatar:TLAB? Now Modding... that's cheating.. so go get those achievements. Personally I love Minecraft and would gladly play anytime, but I really have to get moving on some of these other games I have..

BTW I can't see your video either.
how many people do you know that have actually played and beaten Avatar:TLAB?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Shyly raises hand Smile
Shyly raises hand Smile
Originally Posted by Homeless Messia
I did too. We can hold our heads high knowing we loved it as a true fan.

Right?
Video is gone I guess, but I have the map downloaded. If anyone needs help, just message me and we can organize.
I did too. We can hold our heads high knowing we loved it as a true fan.

Right?
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
Yep. I had fun and also loved the series.
Yep. I had fun and also loved the series.
I've got em all on DVD. I wasn't too keen on the live-action film, but then again, neither was anyone else. I am waiting on Korra to be complete on disc and I'll continue my collection.
I've got em all on DVD. I wasn't too keen on the live-action film, but then again, neither was anyone else. I am waiting on Korra to be complete on disc and I'll continue my collection.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
Got all on dvd as well, Korra on Blu but haven't watched any episode. The movie was bad but I kind of wanted to see them make the sequels to finish off the series.
Got all on dvd as well, Korra on Blu but haven't watched any episode. The movie was bad but I kind of wanted to see them make the sequels to finish off the series.
Me too, text be honest. I think the cast was well chosen, but they kept it too childish. If they had made it more adult and dark, it might have been great.
i downloaded the map as well just for the achievements so i have more time to play the game and have fun with friends
I'll agree not cheating, heck the 360 and ONE versions give you a tutorial map with practically hands you half the achievements anyway, but yea play for whatever reasons you want. I've played games for no other reason to get achievements...how many people do you know that have actually played and beaten Avatar:TLAB? Now Modding... that's cheating.. so go get those achievements. Personally I love Minecraft and would gladly play anytime, but I really have to get moving on some of these other games I have..

BTW I can't see your video either.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
the 360 and ONE versions have a achievements map as well
i downloaded the map as well just for the achievements so i have more time to play the game and have fun with friends
Originally Posted by Myuseru Foaran
Thanks you for pointing me too it, by the way. I was stuck on the damn wool achievement. Got it though. Got em all actually Big Grin
I need to finish 360 version, One version and haven't started 10 version yet.I hear its the mobile version, how is it different? how long to complete with that map?
I need to finish 360 version, One version and haven't started 10 version yet.I hear its the mobile version, how is it different? how long to complete with that map?
Originally Posted by Sith Rick
Using the map I've got, you can get 51 of 52 achievements in maybe an hour or so. The play for 100 days achievement takes about 30 hours of play on survival. I played legit the whole time except for that last wool achievement and was only at 86% of the 100 days played. So.... I would use the map as a last resort.
Shyly raises hand Smile
Lol. Nothing wrong with that. I mean there still worse games to have played for story...(My Horse and Me and Barbie Puppy Rescue come to mind.. but then again so does Jumper...lol)

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account