I narrowed down which Xbox One to purchase

Xbox One / Series X|S

When should I buy that Xbox One?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 15 (38.46%) Screw it and just go pick it up already

× 2 (5.13%) Wait one month and buy it in October

× 17 (43.59%) Wait till November 15th and see what new bundles may show up

× 5 (12.82%) Another suggestion (See Comment Below)

• Added 09-02-2015 09:23 PM
  • 39 votes
Well I could be buying it, lets see what the rest of the week holds.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
I don't think you understand my statement.
I don't think you understand my statement.
Originally Posted by futiles
I think I understood it. If you think I didn't then you'll need to elaborate.
I think I understood it. If you think I didn't then you'll need to elaborate.
Wait, are we going to bring back the NFL QB Facebook chat thread? I really liked it when Rothelesbrokenlegger stated the obvious so well.
Wait, are we going to bring back the NFL QB Facebook chat thread? I really liked it when Rothelesbrokenlegger stated the obvious so well.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Well, in honor of your request:

HE DOESN'T THINK MARVZMITTS IS EVER GOING TO ACTUALLY BUY AN XBOX ONE CONSOLE.
Well, in honor of your request:

HE DOESN'T THINK MARVZMITTS IS EVER GOING TO ACTUALLY BUY AN XBOX ONE CONSOLE.
...but I am buying one.
...but I am buying one.
Sure, that's what people who hem and haw over something for two indecisive months. They always end up making decisions and following through. History is littered with examples of procrastination working out successfully for the procrastinators.
Sure, that's what people who hem and haw over something for two indecisive months. They always end up making decisions and following through. History is littered with examples of procrastination working out successfully for the procrastinators.
It's not indecisiveness or procrastination. What I wanted was simply not offered. There is no Star Was console being released and none of the others consoles are compelling enough that I need to buy this second. I have plenty of games to keep me busy on the 360, so there is no rush for me buy an Xbox One until Star Wars Battlefronts is in store in November.
It's not indecisiveness or procrastination. What I wanted was simply not offered. There is no Star Was console being released and none of the others consoles are compelling enough that I need to buy this second. I have plenty of games to keep me busy on the 360, so there is no rush for me buy an Xbox One until Star Wars Battlefronts is in store in November.
You need one for the beta Oct 8
Nope, you are the textbook example of decisiveness. Most decisive people make multiple threads with polls and then do it again weeks later before pulling the trigger.

Another 1TB console, as that appears to be the standard (HDD are cheap now).

Gears Ultimate, Rare Replay, Ori, and Gears of Wars 360 collection (I guess that is confirming it as backwards compatible). Interesting mix. Also $399.

Source

Another 1TB console, as that appears to be the standard (HDD are cheap now).

Gears Ultimate, Rare Replay, Ori, and Gears of Wars 360 collection (I guess that is confirming it as backwards compatible). Interesting mix. Also $399.

Source
That's the best bundle yet in my opinion.
That's the best bundle yet in my opinion.
Originally Posted by Kaens
30-something games, 1TB HDD, $400. It does seem like a good value.

I am not at all in the market for a console, but, I already told LibrarianBeth that if they announce a specific console, I will be getting X1 #4.
You need one for the beta Oct 8
Originally Posted by N1ghtmareb4xmas
I can wait for the real game.
30-something games, 1TB HDD, $400. It does seem like a good value.

I am not at all in the market for a console, but, I already told LibrarianBeth that if they announce a specific console, I will be getting X1 #4.
So, interesting side note, today's Xbox Support Tweetstake had a question about which "themed" console (a console with a case painted/designed to match the theme) would you be most interested in for this holiday season, and THE ONE THEME I WOULD BUY was included in the responses...
Nope, you are the textbook example of decisiveness. Most decisive people make multiple threads with polls and then do it again weeks later before pulling the trigger.
Thanks for the Psychoanalysis and dredging up a 3 week old thread. Now that I know what the problem is I sit and wait some more.
Today's bundle is a waste of time. 500GB HDD with LEGO The Movie???

WTF?

$349. But, you can do better with current bundles.
I'm waiting for a bundle with a black console. Not one of the regular black ones, a really, really black one.
Interstetting:

Two bundles today

A white Gears of War console. So, the second console this week with Gears of War, but, it's white, so... ($350, not a bad price, but not great either.)

Hey! A bundle with a Kinect! That's cool. 3 games, but, they seem to be older one. $500.

Source

Hey! A bundle with a Kinect! That's cool. 3 games, but, they seem to be older one. $500.

Source
So they haven't been able to reduce the cost of Kinect (no surprise there) and they are throwing some first party software in that they couldn't sell anymore as incentive. Truthfully, this is the most attractive for me because of the Kinect!
So they haven't been able to reduce the cost of Kinect (no surprise there) and they are throwing some first party software in that they couldn't sell anymore as incentive. Truthfully, this is the most attractive for me because of the Kinect!
Originally Posted by Kaens
For me, value-wise, Tuesday has to be the best bundle. 35-36 games with lots of play style to it, that has a lot of potential for families or even individuals like me, that don't have a specific playstyle.

But, I do like the Kinect, so, the first thing I would do with the Tuesday bundle would be to add a Kinect, making that one $550.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account