Saying it's really just 4 HDTVs put together is turning a monitor into only one metric - resolution. That said..

What you should care about (besides higher resolution = smoother picture) is what colors can be displayed. How do the brights and darks look, the depths of the gradient shades.

The colors in this picture are what the human eye can see. You want as much of that inside the triangle as possible for things to look lifelike. 4K is vastly superior, and I don't want to hear any excuses about content because we are all gamers here, not sitting at home all day and going to upgrade when the Chew start broadcasting in 4k.

If you can't afford one, that's a good reason. Doesn't mean you shouldn't still want one.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Well said. Now I don't have to reply to him...
Well said. Now I don't have to reply to him...
Originally Posted by futiles
Actually I completely botched the one sentence about the Chew. I cleaned it up.
I know you two are way more OCD about this that I am, but I think Kaens may be conflating HDR into the equation, there are 4k UHD tvs that don't have HDR...
I know you two are way more OCD about this that I am, but I think Kaens may be conflating HDR into the equation, there are 4k UHD tvs that don't have HDR...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
None you should buy Wink
None you should buy Wink
Originally Posted by Kaens
My TV is pre-HDR, it's alright, early adopter risk. Next TV will have it, but not something else...

And the cycle continues.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account