Anti TA Rant - Delirious Community

Gaming Chat

Found 16 posts - Go to Last Post

I haven't been apart of TA in years but recently I was in a party talking with some friends and they are all on TA. The game Omega Strikers came up and part of the discussion was that how its a really fun MOBA. And I had to ask them to say that again because I couldn't believe what I heard. I asked what ? How is this a MOBA? Oh well it's tagged on TA as a MOBA so it's a MOBA. 15 minute debate and the only argument is that TA classified it as a MOBA so it's a MOBA. I'm glad to see that this site did not falsely categorize this air hockey sports game as a MOBA.

I've noticed this issue across the board at TA in the past. I feel like people have no idea what they are talking about over there yet they gate keep the site as if it's their bible. The guides are lacking due to so many people adding their 2 cents and only clutters up search results on google. I almost think that if forums and guides were policed more it might be a better site. Or maybe if people just didn't comment or try to add guides when they have no clue what they are talking about.
/end of rant thank you for listening
I haven't been apart of TA in years but recently I was in a party talking with some friends and they are all on TA. The game Omega Strikers came up and part of the discussion was that how its a really fun MOBA. And I had to ask them to say that again because I couldn't believe what I heard. I asked what ? How is this a MOBA? Oh well it's tagged on TA as a MOBA so it's a MOBA. 15 minute debate and the only argument is that TA classified it as a MOBA so it's a MOBA. I'm glad to see that this site did not falsely categorize this air hockey sports game as a MOBA.

I've noticed this issue across the board at TA in the past. I feel like people have no idea what they are talking about over there yet they gate keep the site as if it's their bible. The guides are lacking due to so many people adding their 2 cents and only clutters up search results on google. I almost think that if forums and guides were policed more it might be a better site. Or maybe if people just didn't comment or try to add guides when they have no clue what they are talking about.
/end of rant thank you for listening
Originally Posted by Snappleback
I would say the forums are policed too much, but, only for people that speak heresy against the word of TA. As for the guides section? Yeah, that is just a jumbled mess of shit. Everyone wants to "add something" and whether than literally comment on a specific guide, they add a "guide" that is like, "I used X setting on Y level..."
I would say the forums are policed too much, but, only for people that speak heresy against the word of TA. As for the guides section? Yeah, that is just a jumbled mess of shit. Everyone wants to "add something" and whether than literally comment on a specific guide, they add a "guide" that is like, "I used X setting on Y level..."
Originally Posted by futiles
The worst part is when people say "x and y is bugged and it won't work! this is what i did to fix it" when in reality they just were not performing the task correctly. The community and all would be better off if these people did not comment.

I've been using AI (chatGPT) to help with some really odd ended achievement questions and one time I noticed the AI response used TA forum post as apart of it's answer. Thankfully it linked me the TA forum and I scrolled through it a bit. The comments on the TA post were people telling the person how they are wrong and should delete the post and the dude never deleted it. So now, AI is reading these forum posts as fact and spitting it out to people. To be fair to AI, if I would have found the forum post in the TA game's forum, I would of also believed it as fact until I tried it and found it was wrong.
The worst part is when people say "x and y is bugged and it won't work! this is what i did to fix it" when in reality they just were not performing the task correctly. The community and all would be better off if these people did not comment.

I've been using AI (chatGPT) to help with some really odd ended achievement questions and one time I noticed the AI response used TA forum post as apart of it's answer. Thankfully it linked me the TA forum and I scrolled through it a bit. The comments on the TA post were people telling the person how they are wrong and should delete the post and the dude never deleted it. So now, AI is reading these forum posts as fact and spitting it out to people. To be fair to AI, if I would have found the forum post in the TA game's forum, I would of also believed it as fact until I tried it and found it was wrong.
Originally Posted by Snappleback
I rarely believe things written in forums as facts. I have met too many people, and they all have the ability to post in forums.
I rarely believe things written in forums as facts. I have met too many people, and they all have the ability to post in forums.
Well, when it comes to a forum like TA, I would expect people to be subject matter experts. You have to A, have a Xbox Profile. B, have enough interest in achievement hunting to sign up for a 3rd party site. C, drill into a game and select the forum post, and contribute to the conversation. So, you would think people commenting are at least knowledgable about what they are doing but they aren't. TA and this site as well should allow Up Vote/Down Vote on guides, and even forum post comments. That way, false information can be vetted out by the community.

Sure, guides have up/down votes on guides but the comments below do not. Same with forum posts on this site and TA. Should I put a feature request in for this site? Big Grin

I think TA folks are just stuck in a loop with eachother. The fact that they all collectively call Omega Strikers a MOBA is sad. This isn't the first completely false genre classification of a game I've seen. Probably because all they do on TA is play baby games :P
I would say the forums are policed too much, but, only for people that speak heresy against the word of TA."
This is 100% true. They banned me - not just from the forums, but from the whole site - because I accused TA of deliberately posting articles about divisive, political topics to get more engagement/clicks, and therefore more ad revenue.

I had been contributing to the site for 10 years, writing/editing walkthroughs, achievement guides, hosting/joining sessions, didn't cheat, didn't beef with people - but I said something like "I think TA is deliberately posting articles people will argue about for the engagement and ad revenue" and my entire account was gone within like 20 minutes.
Don't forget how the investigations team finds people "guilty until proven innocent" over the smallest things and it doesn't matter what you tell them. They'll still uphold their ruling against you.

Complete a game 5 hours faster by using speedrunning strategies? Cheater!

Hackers auto-pop achievements in lobbies for you and it's out of your control? Cheater!

Use a trainer in DOOM and finish the game faster than anyone else? NOT A CHEATER!!!!!!!!!
(if you know, you know. Not going to say any names)
This is 100% true. They banned me - not just from the forums, but from the whole site - because I accused TA of deliberately posting articles about divisive, political topics to get more engagement/clicks, and therefore more ad revenue.

I had been contributing to the site for 10 years, writing/editing walkthroughs, achievement guides, hosting/joining sessions, didn't cheat, didn't beef with people - but I said something like "I think TA is deliberately posting articles people will argue about for the engagement and ad revenue" and my entire account was gone within like 20 minutes.
Originally Posted by zoidberg1339
I remember speaking out about their scummy ad practices. I think it's been 10 years since I got banned.

Originally Posted by zoidberg1339
This happened to me too. Except, when I got banned from the forums I messaged a TA employee and somehow got back on forums a few hours later. I as well accused of them of the same thing you did... Probably because it's true. Anyway, I ultimately got banned from the site all together years later when they "caught me sharing cross progress codes" for Spelunky 2.

When in reality we only talked about if it was allowed on the site or not. And we were using TA DMs so they could read the conversation yet they would not lift the ban when I proved it was my own cross progression code which is fully allowed as it's supported by the game.
Don't forget how the investigations team finds people "guilty until proven innocent" over the smallest things and it doesn't matter what you tell them. They'll still uphold their ruling against you.

Complete a game 5 hours faster by using speedrunning strategies? Cheater!

Hackers auto-pop achievements in lobbies for you and it's out of your control? Cheater!

Use a trainer in DOOM and finish the game faster than anyone else? NOT A CHEATER!!!!!!!!!
(if you know, you know. Not going to say any names)
Originally Posted by thesuperbob49
Read my comment right above but I literally got banned for using in game cross progression. The problem was, that I and another person messaged about if it was allowed to share the cross progression code with others. Just because we discussed it, I was perma banned.
TA an achievement 'Hunter' site.

With the amount of people having below 30% comp I would rather classify them as an Achievement Farmer site tbh

I got banned for saying "Samantha Fischer Price" when they announced the new Splinter Cell as they were going in a more progressive direction with game, extremely based I know....
I got Banned for an spg, But here's the kicker to the whole situation they accused me of doing it so I'd get the easy score from the game, well I had tons of Xittlion games Unfinished with there 5k updates, and Ratalakia game, thing was I never told anyone about the glitch As A glitcher I keep some to myself as there useless so I had no clue what an spg even was, and I quoted the IM who said Accidental spg's won't be punished and well I guess they didn't like that so they added a reason to remove by saying I did it for easy score, at the time I only had 1 PC which I shared with my other half who I will often play games for if I enjoy them and hell still do play games for them because I like to game and if it's easy enough or no trouble for me and they don't plan to play it, why the hell shouldn't I if I enjoy it, helps me make good guides like serious sam 4 did a guide in 3 hours and 30 mins thanks to playing it 4 times (I am super careful now of spg's just cause I know what they are now)

An extra note I discovered the glitch to unlock the at the time unobtainable (now obtainable yay) on besiege pc not apart the site but they deemed it not allowed well Ironically the cooking sim had the same method if you unlocked achievements previously in it to get the ccs you had sign in with a second account sign out and sign back in with your main and the cc's would work again that was allowed the besiege method was sign in second account sign out sign back in your main and hopefully unob sticks, So I really dislike the site as an achievement Hunter and glitcher I try to find stuff to further advance us into to getting stuff we couldn't get but it's only acceptable to them when it suits them and you can't move forward and progress with an attitude like that (personally I just think they want to remove people no matter what the reason I'm unsure on)
TA an achievement 'Hunter' site.

With the amount of people having below 30% comp I would rather classify them as an Achievement Farmer site tbh

I got banned for saying "Samantha Fischer Price" when they announced the new Splinter Cell as they were going in a more progressive direction with game, extremely based I know....
Originally Posted by Dutch x Monster
I honestly expect the new sprinter cell to fail. When you promote your new release by saying it's going to be a progressive game, you're ultimately admitting you're putting your marketing teams political ideology before the game's fundamental value. I expect it to be a lot like target or bud lights last 3 months. A complete failure.
They just throw at me the "Guilty Until proven innocent" shit and my story is on my blog on TA so everyone can read it, Tbh at first i was kinda sad and annoyed but now im feeling actually better because i dont have to stay on fear if something goes wrong with a game that might cause someone to report me or any of that shit.

Also i can do Halo 2 which is a game i always wanted to play and finish.
I don't disagree with any of the opinions here, and I have my own reasons to both dislike and distrust TA, however, I feel like the focus of this site should be what you like about THIS SITE, discussions about how to improve this site, ways to increase engagement here.

Hate, anger, and other emotions about other sites are just going to result in either a flame war (unlikely in this situation) or an echo chamber (as is already starting), hopefully a mod comes along and shares this opinion, but, otherwise, I would suggest people move along.
I agree with futiles' sentiments. This type of thread is generally frowned upon as it can lead into a flame war for those on either side of the aisle.

With that said, I understand a lot of your frustrations with that other site and I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on your experience there. I aim to make this an inclusive community with less contiguous discussions to ensure we don't fall into the same pitfalls that have plagued the experience at that other site.

If there is anything we can do better to make your experience as welcoming as possible please feel free to reach out to me or others on the staff with your concerns.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account