DLC in Rarity breakdown?!

General Chat

Found 11 posts - Go to Last Post

I just noticed that DLC achievements are now counted in the Rarity breakdown. I jumped from 6 Super Rare achievements to 134 Super rare achievements.
WOW! Great catch! I jumped from single digits to 666. Those super rare ones can be little devils! :-P lol (I know, Dad joke...)

EDIT: Now that I look at them, I see a lot of non-DLC achievements in the list. So, maybe something changed with the scanner? Or maybe MS changed how it calcs percentages? Because I have quite a few at 0.13% or values like that...
Possible it's tracking according to MS stats now and was going by site user stats before?
For those who don't bother to read the changelog, there is this post from 3/12

Started phasing in the new rarity percentages provided by Xbox Live. An achievement's rarity percentage is now based on the percentage of actual Xbox Live players that have unlocked the achievement versus the number of players that have played the game. This applies to all Xbox One and Windows 10 games and a few Windows 8 and Windows Phone games. Other games will continue to calculate rarity percentage based on the number of players on the site.
Super Rare
0% - 4.99% 1,076
Very Rare
5% - 14.99% 1,105

Now I'll have to try to push Super Rare above very rare
We should tie some badges into this system somehow. Like, have 500 current Super Rare achievements on your profile: Diamond Club

On the flip side, what do you all think about the windows 10 and Xbox One rarity calculations? Do you like that they are based off Xbox.com or do you like the old way, of them being calculated internally (site population only)?
Super Rare
0% - 4.99% 1,076
Very Rare
5% - 14.99% 1,105

Now I'll have to try to push Super Rare above very rare
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
OOHH, so close you were...

SUPER RARE
0% - 4.99% 1,117
VERY RARE
5% - 14.99% 1,111
Personally, I like it based off of Xbox.com. I think that is a truer representation of the rareness. Basing it off of sites like this one, or TA, I think undervalues the rareness b/c the gamers on these sites tend to be average to hard-core. The sites essentially eliminate all the casual to very casual gamers, because those gamers aren't generally going to be on a gaming site (assumption made there). So, in my opinion, using Xbox.com results in a more comprehensive picture of the entire gaming community.
OOHH, so close you were...

SUPER RARE
0% - 4.99% 1,117
VERY RARE
5% - 14.99% 1,111
Originally Posted by Kaens
I made it fairly easily... Quick someone make a badge! :-P lol

Super Rare
0% - 4.99% 664

Very Rare
5% - 14.99% 482

Rare