Achievement Fest 2017

General Chat

So I'm about 50/50 on going this year. Frown Just trying to figure out the money situation.

How are you guys getting to/from Indy? Are you guys renting a car or uber?
Originally Posted by GTN Eric
Check the arrival/departure thread Buck created. We will coordinated rides back and forth.
Check the arrival/departure thread Buck created. We will coordinated rides back and forth.
Originally Posted by futiles
The only reason you would need to rent a car would be if you wanted the freedom to come and go as you please. The usual hotels are a short drive away from eBash and we typically coordinate a few people to shuttle back and forth. There are a few eating places within walking distance, and plenty of delivery options.

Terre Haute is a solid hour's drive from the Indy airport, so you probably won't want to Uber it. Zack also usually volunteers himself or one of his employees to act as an airport taxi. If you do want to rent something, futiles might have a promo code to save you some money. Avis just sent me one for a free class upgrade that I could pass along.
Well, much like last year, I have not had success securing discounted hotel rates.

I believe many of us will be booking at the Quality Inn in Terre Haute:

https://www.choicehotels.com/indiana...n-hotels/in352

Just to ensure you are at the right hotel:
555 South Third Street, Terre Haute, IN, 47807, US
Phone: (812) 235-3333 Fax: (812) 232-9563

Rates are currently about $94/night, and you can get 2 beds or a single King at that rate.

Last year, we kept an eye on rates at this hotel, and were able to update our rates for about $20 less. So, keep your eye on this thread.
The pTarts are officially coming to Achievement Fest 2017!!!!! We bought our passes today! Big Grin
Originally Posted by pTartTX
And you are updated! Cannot wait to see y'all again!
Red Room is full.

The pTarts have officially started the Yellow Room.

Have not seen registrations for Giant Hunger, Fshguy, Imaginary Joe, Nescaughtfire, RedmptionDenied, GTN Eric or a few others, yet.

There are just 4 seats left in the "private" rooms, and then we will be spilling into the "open area" seating.

If you register, feel free to send me a PM, and I will make sure the site is updated.
I will be there early-ish and may be able to transport people between Indy and Terre Haute but not a return trip.
Do I have to select everything (3 or 5 day, full or partial and T-shirts) now to register and lock in a spot in the yellow room? After many years of wanting to go to AF I finally plan on attending this year but my exact plans are up in the air. If I fly I will be there for the 5 days and need a full setup but if I drive I will be taking my son (12) with me, only need a partial setup and only be doing 3 days.

Thanks
Another mystery guest...
Red Room is full.

The pTarts have officially started the Yellow Room.

Have not seen registrations for Giant Hunger, Fshguy, Imaginary Joe, Nescaughtfire, RedmptionDenied, GTN Eric or a few others, yet.

There are just 4 seats left in the "private" rooms, and then we will be spilling into the "open area" seating.

If you register, feel free to send me a PM, and I will make sure the site is updated.
Fshguy, Imaginary Joe and Giant Hunger have each registered, there is one seat left in the yellow room, and then we start taking over the main body of the store...
Do I have to select everything (3 or 5 day, full or partial and T-shirts) now to register and lock in a spot in the yellow room? After many years of wanting to go to AF I finally plan on attending this year but my exact plans are up in the air. If I fly I will be there for the 5 days and need a full setup but if I drive I will be taking my son (12) with me, only need a partial setup and only be doing 3 days.

Thanks
Another mystery guest...
Originally Posted by workedfurball29
You can always register for a 3-day, Partial, with just one t-shirt, and no kid. Then whatever plans change, send me a message, and we can update and charge the difference.
I've updated the first post with a link to the arrival and meet-up thread so people can start posting arrival times and arrange rides.

If you plan to rent a car, and would be willing to shuttle people one way or the other when you arrive, please say so in that thread.
Not sure what the issue is, but the qty button is broken in chrome. There's no way to see how many are in the qty window.
I've tried regestering 3 times today. On my PC, my phone with regular internet and also through chrome. Everytime I went to pay PayPal would pop with an error and said couldn't be processed...thought it was just me but maybe there is something else going on
Not sure what the issue is, but the qty button is broken in chrome. There's no way to see how many are in the qty window.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Seems like you have to fill in all of the selections... That and it seemed to work better in IE than Chrome for me.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Hmm, I see it too, in Firefox. But, in IE I do see an actual quantity number. That has to be something with the WordPress commerce plugin. I will investigate, not sure what I can "fix" on that.

I've tried regestering 3 times today. On my PC, my phone with regular internet and also through chrome. Everytime I went to pay PayPal would pop with an error and said couldn't be processed...thought it was just me but maybe there is something else going on
I was able to duplicate your issue, using FIrefox. Get all the way to PayPal, and PayPal gives me a transaction cancelled message.
Using IE, I was able to complete the transaction. I have Dustin looking into this one, since I am just not even sure where the issue is. But, I do see three attempts today by (I assume) you, so, can you try IE and let me know what happens?
Used IE on my first attempt this morning. Tried it again after you posted and still got the paypal error. Went ahead and gave firefox a try and shockingly it went through!
Used IE on my first attempt this morning. Tried it again after you posted and still got the paypal error. Went ahead and gave firefox a try and shockingly it went through!
Good info, thanks for that. This must be a PayPal issue then. I tried again with Firefox, and got a different error than before.
OK, Yellow room is full!

We have 4 first time attendees, so far.

2 attendees returning from a 3 year hiatus.

A special guest attendee.

And plenty more seats to go...
OK, Yellow room is full!

We have 4 first time attendees, so far.

2 attendees returning from a 3 year hiatus.

A special guest attendee.

And plenty more seats to go...

We are going to shut down so many restaurants....
We are going to shut down so many restaurants....
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Does that count the ones that serve Pepsi?
Flight booked way earlier than usual for me. This year, I'm trying a flight that leaves Wednesday night at 11:59pm and puts me in Indy in the morning. I feel it will work better than waking up stupid early and spending the whole day flying in and keeping people waiting at the airport.

Also staying until Monday this time. I really didn't want to leave early last year, but the $400 savings was too much to pass on.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account