Batman v Superman: Afteraction Report (And screw it, I will post spoilers to discuss)

Entertainment

Found 37 posts - Go to Last Post

Yes!!!!

RUMOR: Aquaman To Be An Initial Antagonist In 'Justice League Part One'

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3853023

Oh I forgot, Khal Drogo is already making Aquaman as cool as he should be!
No, the reshoot is (IMHO)100% tied to Deadpool.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
That is 100% right actually, I heard this all over the radio so it must be true...
Seems plausible... You mean everything doesn't have to be dark, dire and gritty?

I will have to change my Aquaman script I proposed...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
I don't think it's because it was too "dark, dire and gritty". I believe it is because of the 4th wall breaking self awareness of DP and how successful that was. People needed a break from the overly serious super hero movie. Now, the problem we have with the reshoot (if it is in fact due to wanting to be more like Deadpool) is that it will be awkward and painfully obvious that they're trying to make it more like Deadpool. This movie will suffer if Joker and Quinn start winking and nodding to the camera as they reel off canned lines to make it seem edgy and hip.

But, we all know how hollywood does. Half of the shit that is going to be released will have some sort of wink or nod self awareness, and it'll be terrible.
I don't think it's because it was too "dark, dire and gritty". I believe it is because of the 4th wall breaking self awareness of DP and how successful that was. People needed a break from the overly serious super hero movie. Now, the problem we have with the reshoot (if it is in fact due to wanting to be more like Deadpool) is that it will be awkward and painfully obvious that they're trying to make it more like Deadpool. This movie will suffer if Joker and Quinn start winking and nodding to the camera as they reel off canned lines to make it seem edgy and hip.

But, we all know how hollywood does. Half of the shit that is going to be released will have some sort of wink or nod self awareness, and it'll be terrible.
The director actually already said that every funny moment was already put in the trailers and for this movie to have Harley in it without funny moments from her would be a travesty (IMOP) I just hope they don't try to let Will Smiths ad lib anything in...ugh..
Well that was a big waste of time. Thank goodness I didn't take my boy. He would have been so bored. How come Batman was able to kick Superman's butt, but was unable to pull his tail from his legs against the big thing? Run and hide, run and hide... ugh.

I like Zach Snyder movies (Suckered Punch was brilliant) but this debacle devalued my opinion of his creativity.
Well that was a big waste of time. Thank goodness I didn't take my boy. He would have been so bored. How come Batman was able to kick Superman's butt, but was unable to pull his tail from his legs against the big thing? Run and hide, run and hide... ugh.

I like Zach Snyder movies (Suckered Punch was brilliant) but this debacle devalued my opinion of his creativity.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
Zach Snyder has been one of the most up-&-down directors for me. He makes one I like, follows it up with one that bores me, then hits one home, then shits the bed.

I still don't think this was 100% his fault, but, he didn't do much to polish the turd he started with.
I still don't think this was 100% his fault, but, he didn't do much to polish the turd he started with.
Originally Posted by futiles
This. 100% agree.
I finally had a chance to see this recently, and although I don't dislike it nearly as much as some critics, it's clear that they tried to force too many story arcs and characters into one film. Naturally, this resulted in some plot holes and downright confusing moments, even for devout fans of the comics. I think it's fair to say they're trying too hard to play catch-up with Marvel. I believe DC's movie ventures can still grow into something special, but it will require some strong solo movies to get people into their universe more effectively.
I think it's fair to say they're trying too hard to play catch-up with Marvel. I believe DC's movie ventures can still grow into something special, but it will require some strong solo movies to get people into their universe more effectively.
Originally Posted by Obsidian Tides
This is the problem. They are trying to shoehorn about a decade's worth of CU building into one year's worth of movie releases. And it shows.
This is the problem. They are trying to shoehorn about a decade's worth of CU building into one year's worth of movie releases. And it shows.
I call that the "Fuck it, they'll pay to see it anyway" method...
I call that the "Fuck it, they'll pay to see it anyway" method...
Well, opening weekend numbers would agree with you.
Well, opening weekend numbers would agree with you.
It is a time honored traditional method, emphasized by all three Fantastic Four movies, the latest Spider-man franchise, and many other half-assed attempts at comic/geek movies.

See also: Uwe Boll's entire film catalog.
It is a time honored traditional method, emphasized by all three Fantastic Four movies, the latest Spider-man franchise, and many other half-assed attempts at comic/geek movies.

Ok just here me out, yes this sounds a little ridicules but I'm sure this could work I'm just throwing this together as a nut shell idea but....I think they could fix it all with a Justice League Crisis type of move and they could bring in a cameo of Linda Carter and the TV Flash and the then maybe even a few of the other Batmans we've had and some other crazy stuff intro some new characters and/or villains bring in the Suicide Squad and other heroes (say even throw in a cameo of Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern. Plot is Converge or Crisis and BAM recast Batfleck and get a great actor to play Barry Allen and then in the end we have ourselves a new improved better attitude Superman, newer younger Batman who hasn't ever killed anyone and etc... Then they could throw in a healthy dose of Waverider to explain this whole thing and at the end he could say there are only 52 known universe left, separate and oblivious to each other and then we have ourselves known universe they can blame stinky plot lines on...any takers?
That's a lot to consider for one movie, Jeff. Par for the course so far in the DC universe...
Ok just here me out, yes this sounds a little ridicules but I'm sure this could work I'm just throwing this together as a nut shell idea but....I think they could fix it all with a Justice League Crisis type of move and they could bring in a cameo of Linda Carter and the TV Flash and the then maybe even a few of the other Batmans we've had and some other crazy stuff intro some new characters and/or villains bring in the Suicide Squad and other heroes (say even throw in a cameo of Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern. Plot is Converge or Crisis and BAM recast Batfleck and get a great actor to play Barry Allen and then in the end we have ourselves a new improved better attitude Superman, newer younger Batman who hasn't ever killed anyone and etc... Then they could throw in a healthy dose of Waverider to explain this whole thing and at the end he could say there are only 52 known universe left, separate and oblivious to each other and then we have ourselves known universe they can blame stinky plot lines on...any takers?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU

It can't be fixed at this point. When the comic book division is rebooting their entire universe a second time, how can they get this right? Man of Steel was entertaining, yet it had its issues. I don't think they can come back and make this great. Everyone needed not to go see this movie for it to bomb and have WB step back to see how bad of a movie they made. Instead it made money, it covered the cost of making the film, they will make more money via the other revenue streams. So this universe is not going away.
Sadly, this is a thing. Curse you for bringing it up.
I think BelatedMedia's video on Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice somes up the movie experience perfectly with directly spoiling it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx1mvZKoOcg

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account