Burnout Paradise Remastered

Burnout Paradise Remastered

Found 17 posts - Go to Last Post

Okay, who is going to get this?! I'm all in.
I managed to get to top 100 in multiplayer back in 08/09

I am very much looking forward to hitting the angle perfect to jump from the dam to get onto the train tracks and head towards the stadium.
I don't know how I feel about this. I absolutely loved this game, and did all of the achievements before I knew how to boost. I don't think I can find another 100-200 hours in life to do it all again, but the trailer video really made me want to.
Ugh, I was just starting to get over my Destiny addiction and get back on track with achievement farming, now this has to release and eat up a couple hundred hours of gaming time. Oh well, so much for getting back on track Lol Can't wait for this!
Will be interesting to see how they change the achievements needing the vision camera.
I'm undecided. Loved the game, but not sure if I want to play it all over again. May end up getting it anyway.
There were a number of great games last generation, this one included. But, am I the only one getting a little tired of seeing so many remastered versions of games from only a couple of years ago rather than more new titles (or much older titles getting updated for the PS4/Xbox-One generation)?

I realize that Burnout: Paradise is now 10 years old, Assassin's Creed Rogue is 4 years old. But both of these (and so many others) are just one generation back.... not to mention backwards compatible, so we don't "need" remastered versions to play on this generation's console. Where are the remastered or remade versions of games like Rygar or Blaster Master (or other games from the 8-bit and 16-bit eras) or from the original Xbox, Playstation, or Game Cube generation (does anybody else want to see a new Viewtiful Joe that's playable on Xbox)?

Or, am I in the minority here?
A couple of points:-
  • Only Xbox is back compatible. PlayStation players don't get these games unless they're remastered.
  • Porting old games works as good practice for developers to get up to speed on methods of optimization for this gen.
  • 'Need' is not a factor really. Ifis profitable for a company to keep making remastered editions, they'll keep making remastered editions
A couple of points:-
  • Only Xbox is back compatible. PlayStation players don't get these games unless they're remastered.
  • Porting old games works as good practice for developers to get up to speed on methods of optimization for this gen.
  • 'Need' is not a factor really. Ifis profitable for a company to keep making remastered editions, they'll keep making remastered editions
Originally Posted by Nod Nolan
Thanks for that information; I didn't know #1 &2, though I'll admit that I knew threw 3rd one Wink
A company will always do what is most profitable as they're in business to make money.
There were a number of great games last generation, this one included. But, am I the only one getting a little tired of seeing so many remastered versions of games from only a couple of years ago rather than more new titles (or much older titles getting updated for the PS4/Xbox-One generation)?

I realize that Burnout: Paradise is now 10 years old, Assassin's Creed Rogue is 4 years old. But both of these (and so many others) are just one generation back.... not to mention backwards compatible, so we don't "need" remastered versions to play on this generation's console. Where are the remastered or remade versions of games like Rygar or Blaster Master (or other games from the 8-bit and 16-bit eras) or from the original Xbox, Playstation, or Game Cube generation (does anybody else want to see a new Viewtiful Joe that's playable on Xbox)?

Or, am I in the minority here?
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
i would defiantly jump into burnout paradise again i had so much fun with that game but on the topic of other games i would so love to see a complete collection of the blood omen games especially the soul reaver games come to xbox
I will play this again. However i wonder how they will address the xbox vision camera achievements
This has brought such joy back into my life... Have to be patient and wait until it gets into general release for everyone without EA access...
I should probably mention the game isn't in the database yet, Eric...
Might play the trial a bit today. Know it's going to suck me in. Figures that I just started Forza 7...
I should probably mention the game isn't in the database yet, Eric...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
The achievements were only pushed today, right?
The achievements were only pushed today, right?
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Eric fixed it, people were getting achievements yesterday...

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account