(You may not vote on this poll)

× 3 (11.54%) Increasing My Gamerscore

× 7 (26.92%) Completing Games

× 4 (15.38%) GTN Badges

× 6 (23.08%) Tackling My Backlog

× 6 (23.08%) Just Going to Wing It

• Added 01-01-2024 04:32 PM
  • 26 votes
That is how I have always been. Just look at my 100% Finished Percentage...
Originally Posted by futiles
Ha! Yeah, mine will tank for sure. But I am cool with it.
Always the battle between completion and gamerscore. It is one of the hardest battle for us achivment hunters especially with those pesky online-onely achivments and servers going down.
Ha! Yeah, mine will tank for sure. But I am cool with it.
Originally Posted by BigTymer2047
Not sure how you can tank a Finished Percentage. Every game I start, I finish. And when I am finished, I never go back to it...

Done.
Not sure how you can tank a Finished Percentage. Every game I start, I finish. And when I am finished, I never go back to it...

Done.
By NOT finishing the game. Start a new game. Play until I am not having fun anymore. Bail on it before completion. Finished percentage goes down.
By NOT finishing the game. Start a new game. Play until I am not having fun anymore. Bail on it before completion. Finished percentage goes down.
Nope, that is still 100% "Finished." You got tired of it, and FINISHED playing it. Your finished percentage stays 100%.

My finished games are all games I am FINISHED playing. Either the game sucks, or I did everything I wanted, or servers shutdown, or the game broke and I can't find a replacement. They are all still done...

Trust me, this mindset is a much better way to live...

The only thing that will never be finished in my life, is all the grey plastic.
I once finished seeing everything in a 3-day convention in 2 hours.
I once finished seeing everything in a 3-day convention in 2 hours.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
It did not take you that long...

(We could have used that ROG ALLY back then. Here Hotdog, go sit in the corner and get achievements while we shop the overpriced FOMO booths...)
Nope, that is still 100% "Finished." You got tired of it, and FINISHED playing it. Your finished percentage stays 100%.

My finished games are all games I am FINISHED playing. Either the game sucks, or I did everything I wanted, or servers shutdown, or the game broke and I can't find a replacement. They are all still done...

Trust me, this mindset is a much better way to live...

The only thing that will never be finished in my life, is all the grey plastic.
Ahhh, I gotcha. Finished and completed are the same for some folks and different for others. But I get what you mean now.
Ahhh, I gotcha. Finished and completed are the same for some folks and different for others. But I get what you mean now.
To use an American Football analogy, an incomplete pass is still a finished play. When I am done with a game, I am done with a game.
2024 gaming goal: learn the difference between finished and completed.
2024 gaming goal: learn the difference between finished and completed.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
You have been hanging out with me in person for 12 years now, and you don't this yet? You might never get it...
Stupid question guys. But do you prefer completing a game fully in the new year or just finishing it and moving on to the new game.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account