DC Movie Universe and TV series

Entertainment

Talk here about all your DC favorites. This includes Cinematic and animated movies, TV series, etc.

Anyone here watch Arrow? Its become my favorite show on TV.

Also movie news, seems DC is talking to Jared Leto to be the Joker for Suicide Squad, nothing confirmed of course. I wonder are they thinking of making the Suicide Squad live action movie to have a similar story to the animated Assault on Arkham movie?
I tried Arrow. The costumes break it for me. I like how the trend has been recently to make costumes appear believable in the real world. And the ones in Arrow just look horrible, to me. I can't get into it. Deathstroke this season was the worst.
I just caught up to season 3 ep 5. Arrow is pretty good.

Smallville starts getting good around season 3, if you can power through the baddie of the week for the first couple seasons.

I am downloading the Flash right now. I haven't started watching Gotham yet, but I'm told good things.
I must be missing something, because the Deathstroke costume seemed fairly consistent with what I've seen comic wise....
I must be missing something, because the Deathstroke costume seemed fairly consistent with what I've seen comic wise....
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
It is, but, it looks stupid in live action. Just like the actual comic Captain America costume would look ridiculous in live action. So, Arrow should change the costumes to look good live.

Think about Scarecrow and Bane in The Dark Knight movies, they really don't look much like their comic counterparts, but, they look good on real people. The comic costumes would look silly in those movies.

Black Canary and Deathstroke look very much like the comic version, and it makes a series attempting to be series look like a joke. Giant plastic mask...

If Deathstroke walked up to me looking like that, he would kill me, but, I'd be laughing so hard I wouldn't notice.

So far, Gotham has been pretty tight. It will probably frustrate people that it is its own story, so, things happen in it that don't match any comic, movie, tv series, etc. But, it has been really good.
Ok; I misunderstood. I thought that you were saying the problem is that they are changing the costumes from the comics. I agree that the hockey mask does seem a little odd; a simple cloth mask would have done the job just fine there.
Yes but Deathstroke has costume iterations that have no mask at all, I too was hyped about his appearing in suit, but then groaned when I saw it. As for Gotham your spot on, awesome if its set in a different universe, but this is really messing with Batman lore and continuity.

The main reason I think for the Suicide Squad movie is to get a new actor in the Joker part, so I think we'll here or even see a small camp of a new Joker but he won't be the emphases on the main plot. After Ledgers Joker Dc has to tree very carefully.
The costume was a little lackluster in Arrow, but the actor playing Deathstroke was phenomenal. It made me not care about the suit.
‘Suicide Squad’: Margot Robbie To Play Harley Quinn

http://screenrant.com/suicide-squad-...quinn-actress/

Part of the article:

The first names rumored for the cast proved that WB really was aiming to sign established stars for the David Ayer-directed film, with Australian actress Margot Robbie (The Wolf of Wall Street) among them. Now Collider reports that the suspicions (and hopes) of many fans has proven true, with sources confirming Robbie will play the part of Harley Quinn, the lover/ally of the Joker.

So now we know.. what do you think? I have never seen the The Wolf of Wall Street but her picture makes her look like a Megan Fox type of actress.
So with link in hand I'm just gonna copy past this whole thing.. I was going to put up images but with each corresponding actor to character but thought that would get a bit out of hand.. crazy even..lol. Wen they said Oprah as Waller I was like pretty much dead on, then that made me think are we now crossing universes like the MARVEL franchises.. I think that would be a safe bet anyway. Will Smith as Deadhsot? Well I did just see trailer with Will Smith that impressed me, made me think his acting range is getting better and he's not just gong to be the Fresh Prince, let's hope he leaves all the funny stuff to Harleys character, speaking of which anyone think Margot Robbie can pull it off?

Original link and article as posted on The Huffington Post and written By Christopher Rosen
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6258126.html

'Suicide Squad' Cast Includes Will Smith, Tom Hardy & Jared Leto As The Joker

Warner Bros. confirmed that Will Smith, Tom Hardy, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney, Cara Delevingne and Jared Leto have joined the cast of "Suicide Squad," the DC Comics film that David Ayer will direct for the studio. According to Variety, Warner Bros. isn't done hiring just yet: The studio wants Viola Davis, Octavia Spencer or Oprah Winfrey to play Amanda Waller, a character who fills a role similar to Marvel's Nick Fury in the DC Comics universe.

Announced as part of Warner Bros.' massive DC Comics slate back in October, "Suicide Squad" focuses on a group of supervillains thrown together by the government to execute high-risk missions (hence the team moniker). Hardy will star as Rick Flagg (sometimes styled as Rick Flag), leader of the Suicide Squad. Smith will play Deadshot, an enemy of Batman and expert sniper. Courtney is Boomerang, an adversary for The Flash. Delevingne is Enchantress. Leto and Robbie will play, respectively, The Joker and Harley Quinn.

"We look forward to seeing this terrific ensemble, under Ayer's amazing guidance, give new meaning to what it means to be a villain and what it means to be a hero," Warner Bros. president of creative development and worldwide production Greg Silverman said in a statement to THR. "Suicide Squad" is out Aug. 5, 2016, five months after "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" arrives in theaters. As Deadline.com noted, Jesse Eisenberg, who plays Lex Luthor in "Dawn of Justice," was not announced as part of "Suicide Squad." (Maybe he'll just make a surprise cameo.)
Well, in yet another example of DC not quite getting it, and just filling the market instead of making one cohesive story:

There is now confirmation of a Superman Prequel TV Series, but, not on Fox (like Gotham), nor is it on the WB partly owned CW (Like Arrow and Flash), but rather on SyFy (because nothing says quality like the original programming over at the SyFy network).

The story is about Kal-El's grandfather (in the comics, he is Jor-El I, father of Jor-El II, father of Kal-El - but who knows what his name will be in the show), and will be set on Krypton. In fact, the show is called Krypton.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/08/krypton/
Well, in yet another example of DC not quite getting it, and just filling the market instead of making one cohesive story:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/08/krypton/
Originally Posted by futiles
Agree with you here. This is where I prefer Marvel over DC at the moment. I love DC because it was usually darker than Marvel (in the comics I should say) but this live action shit is really starting to piss me off. Gotham, Arrow, Flash and even Smallville are great but I like how Marvel is a little more consistent in the stories where they sort of intertwine. Favorite show right now is Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Well to add to the mix, A Teen Titans series on TNT has been given a pilot order.

My thoughts on the continuity argument, not everything made has to be bound to a single continuity. There was an age of movies before the MCU.

I know some people like SHIELD and I do to and admit Season 2 is better than Season 1, but the show is still handcuffed to what they do in the MCU which limits what stories they can and can't do.

Now this new series about Krypton...honestly doesn't interest me at all. Same reason as Gotham, prequels don't interest me as much because we know how it will end. Krypton is still going to blow up.
Oh, not everything has to be unified. But, also, 7 different continuities all jumbled up doesn't strengthen their brand either.
Its just DC trying to dominate the TV market and not let Marvel get a stranglehold there like Marvel does with the movies.

I'm definitely more interested in Teen Titans than I am Krypton, Gotham, Constantine or Supergirl.

For those who watched the latest Flash tonight, did anyone not see that coming?
The more I here about these DC shows the less I'm interested in actual watching them. I have Arrow in my Netflix que as well as have a few of the first Flashes recorded but just haven't found the time to watch them... I've been a big Flash fan so I probably will watch those but this while Krypton shows sounds like what they're doing to Gotham, placing characters way out of continuity with the books, but then again the books are so muddled up right now too I guess they can just write it off as Earth 13 alternate, universe inside their alternate universe....lol. I can't wait for an Adam West appearance on the show..maybe he can be the Batman of the Golden Age!
Waiting for DC to release a Lobo movie, now that would be fun. lol
The more I here about these DC shows the less I'm interested in actual watching them. I have Arrow in my Netflix que as well as have a few of the first Flashes recorded but just haven't found the time to watch them... I've been a big Flash fan so I probably will watch those but this while Krypton shows sounds like what they're doing to Gotham, placing characters way out of continuity with the books, but then again the books are so muddled up right now too I guess they can just write it off as Earth 13 alternate, universe inside their alternate universe....lol. I can't wait for an Adam West appearance on the show..maybe he can be the Batman of the Golden Age!
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
DC doesn't believe in the multiverse. They destroyed it in the 80s, and only recently allowed a very limited number exist, but, with an explicit limit on the number. So, while Marvel clearly states that the MCU is an alternate reality set within the overall framework of their multiverse reality setting, and allows for crossover, DC movies and TV shows would not be a part of the multiverse, as it stands within their comics reality...
Its just DC trying to dominate the TV market and not let Marvel get a stranglehold there like Marvel does with the movies.

I'm definitely more interested in Teen Titans than I am Krypton, Gotham, Constantine or Supergirl.

For those who watched the latest Flash tonight, did anyone not see that coming?
Originally Posted by WolfWood37
I tried Flash and Arrow, did not grab me, and I have not gone back. I was never a huge Constantine fan, and the Keanu film only soured me more. But, Gotham has really hooked me.
Yes, DC killed the multiverse (infinite Earths, as they called it, IIRC) twice. But, as we all know, dead isn't always dead in the comic books Lol

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account