The Walking Dead Season 6 Part 2 (With Spoilers, I'm sure)

Entertainment

Coke or Diet Pepsi.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Fixed it for ya.
Diet Coke -> Diet Pepsi.
Fixed it for ya.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Fixed it for Streak Leader.
1) I hope it's Maggie. Killing Maggie allows the show to unfold in a lot of ways to "happen that way in the comics". It allows Glenn to go an a rampage and die. It'll give Abraham a crusade to die from. It'll allow Carol to close out her redemption arc and die. It enables the show to continue to ignore only one infant instead of creatively having the group deal with two. Rick will completely lose it. (he's already pretty broken at this point). Daryl will be able to go down in a blaze of glory. It will force Morgan to abandon his "There's always another way" ethos.
My take, and why I said it has to be Glenn.

Rick - again, TWD is Rick's story, he is the only person that is always safe on this show. Those around him are not, but he will not die. That aside, Negan knows Rick is the leader and he needs Rick to lead his work crew.
Carl - would turn Rick against Negan

Aaron - Not impactful enough for Negan introduction, mainly because this character is weak and hasn't really been explored yet
Abraham - Good worker, already straightened up in defiance. Exactly the type of person Negan appears to recruit. Lots of future options for either trying to get him to flip or having him resist.

Maggie, Michonne, Rosita, Sasha - It's not going to be a woman. Negan is flexing his strength, teaching these guys he is the boss and he can't "pick on" a woman, that doesn't make him look more powerful. Even those all of these look like powerful women, it 100% isn't Maggie. She's barely able to kneel, she's having a miscarriage, and she'd fall over by a stiff breeze much less be able to take Negan's first shot. Which leaves...

Eugene - I could see this, his story seems over and as they were set up, I definitely thought it would be someone on either end (you have to have room to swing the bat). Glenn was far left, Eugene far right. From the camera angles, I definitely believe Negan was on the left side of the Survivors meaning it was..

Daryl
As I've already said,it's not going to be Daryl. He is fan favorite. However, other than the fans loving him, the only good reason I could say to keep him is they've been setting up stories, like his revenge vs Dwight. TWD doesn't leave loose ends. Also, he was already shot and the same logic about killing a woman applies. He's going to kill a cripple? Someone who has already been shot? Big man.

or Glenn
He's already almost died, he's on borrowed time. During that time he got a nice hot shower with Maggie and closed out his story. I've never liked him, BUT remember, he's always been tough. He was taking torture shots before so Negan being impressed by how the victim took the first shot with the bat like a champ would be completely in character. Plus, Glenn was the one that freaked out, can't keep himself in control. Maggie will have lost her baby and Glenn and be interesting again, what will she do?
That was a great season finale, the whole blockading the RV was pretty intense plus the intro and dialogue of Negan were awesome and pretty spot on.

I think it's Glenn, we know it's not Rick or Carl since Negan gave that away before he started the head bashing.

It's none of the women. Didn't happen that way in the comics, plus the real world backlash of having their newest bad guy bash in a woman's skull would probably be too much for A&E and the producers to deal with. It wouldn't give them the kind of publicity they want, so half your list is eliminated. (And they gotta save Rosita until she heads off around issue #144)

I'm actually getting a few laughs about the memes going around that they killed the cameraman. Guess they won't have a season 7 after all.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
I saw what you did there and that scene got me by surprised when it happened, didn't think that was going to go down.
My take, and why I said it has to be Glenn.

Rick - again, TWD is Rick's story, he is the only person that is always safe on this show. Those around him are not, but he will not die. That aside, Negan knows Rick is the leader and he needs Rick to lead his work crew.
Carl - would turn Rick against Negan

or Glenn
He's already almost died, he's on borrowed time. During that time he got a nice hot shower with Maggie and closed out his story. I've never liked him, BUT remember, he's always been tough. He was taking torture shots before so Negan being impressed by how the victim took the first shot with the bat like a champ would be completely in character. Plus, Glenn was the one that freaked out, can't keep himself in control. Maggie will have lost her baby and Glenn and be interesting again, what will she do?
Originally Posted by Kaens
Totally on this boat with you about Glenn and even though it is not Rick due to what Negan said right before he bashed in the cameraman's head ....lol... but don't ever rule out that Rick is safe.. Kirkman himself has even said Rick is not safe, probably more safe than most, but still not 100% safe. Kirkman has said on the record he almost killed Rick in issue 3 and made the story about Carl and how he has to grow up in this new world after seeing his dad killed by someone...
Totally on this boat with you about Glenn and even though it is not Rick due to what Negan said right before he bashed in the cameraman's head ....lol... but don't ever rule out that Rick is safe.. Kirkman himself has even said Rick is not safe, probably more safe than most, but still not 100% safe. Kirkman has said on the record he almost killed Rick in issue 3 and made the story about Carl and how he has to grow up in this new world after seeing his dad killed by someone...
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Last season on Talking Dead one of the directors was talking about how this was Rick's story and was pretty emphatic about how everything revolved around him. That stuck with me. Killing your lead in issue 3 and switching leads in comics is easy. On TV, much riskier. But since we are about to start season 7, you might be right. Maybe for episode (not issue) 100 another character would be built up enough, or all of them, to carry the show sans Rick.
Maggie, Michonne, Rosita, Sasha - It's not going to be a woman. Negan is flexing his strength, teaching these guys he is the boss and he can't "pick on" a woman, that doesn't make him look more powerful. Even those all of these look like powerful women, it 100% isn't Maggie. She's barely able to kneel, she's having a miscarriage, and she'd fall over by a stiff breeze much less be able to take Negan's first shot. Which leaves...
Originally Posted by Kaens
I appreciate the thoughtful breakdown. Really contributes to the conversation. Much better than coke or pepsi back there.

I just have a hard time seeing Negan killing one of the guys. If he is as brutal as people say he is, as the comics portray him has, 100x worse than The Governor.... I just don't see him taking out strength to impose his authority. The psychological impact of Maggie is a far greater display of power than to just "off a dude". There's no real power there. Unless it's Rick (It's not) there's no greater show of power than that of the devastating emotional toll imposed by offing Maggie, especially because she is with child.
I dont think they have decided yet. If the rest of the internet has the same consensus as we do here, I can see them picking someone other than Glen just to make it shocking. Cant really argue with Kaens though, it makes a lot of sense but if the majority of social media and the rest of the internet think it was Glenn then i bet they off someone else.
Just found this and it may spread some light on the situation. You seriously bave to listen to this:

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/does-walkin...143304935.html

What do you know think?

Sorry on my phone I'll see if I can paste the audio via YouTube later.
I think it's Glenn, because fans "want" it to be Glenn. And they (the producers, writers, directors, show runners, etc) know that. And they've said they know it. And they've said that if they "choke" on this scene (not make it their own, go straight with the comics), they'd be OK with it, for the fans and for the show.

I think Maggie, Glenn, and Daryl are the only ones worth killing that are killable.

Abraham, Sasha, Aaron, Eugene, and Rosita just won't have the impact on the fanbase or the other characters.

Rick, Carl, and Michonne, I don't think, are killable. (Granted, some of this is comic knowledge filtering in based on the roles they have changed and reassigned. I am even tempted to put Eugene in this category, for now)

I still think the finale was perfect. They are getting WAY more out of it than if they had shown who got it.
I really hope it isn't Daryl. I just watched an episode of "Ride with Norman Reedus" and that show is horrible. No way it sticks around very long without some serious reworking. So, he is going to still be in need of the work...

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account