Netflix/Hulu Hidden Gems

Entertainment

Found 14 posts - Go to Last Post

So after finishing season 3 of OitNB last summer, my wife and I decided we weren't done with the whole 'women's prison' thing, and found Wentworth, an Australian show that has just released it's 4th season on Netflix. It's bloody brilliant if I may say. We binged the first two seasons last summer, then season three and four were released recently, and they are shooting season five. The show started off a bit weak and redundant, but has turned into one of our favorite shows. If you like Orange, you will really like Wentworth.

This inspired me to ask this question: what are your favorite and hidden gems that you've enjoyed on Netflix and/or Hulu (or whatever)? List em! I'll keep this post updated with the list you guys create and we'll all enjoy the shows together. Before I add my list, I want to naturally see this grow, so have it!

The List: (I will link them soon)
Peaky Blinders
Penny Dreadful
Daredevil
Attack On Titan
Deadbeat
Granite Flats
Tucker and Dale VS Evil

Mores to come...
Last edited 09-14-2016 at 08:02 PM by porschephiliac.
I going to say on Netflix: Stranger Things, Daredevil and Attack on Titan.
I going to say on Netflix: Stranger Things, Daredevil and Attack on Titan.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Which of those were the Hidden Gem?
Which of those were the Hidden Gem?
Originally Posted by futiles
Don't be mean, just share with us your favorite that may be obscure. Attack on Titan is on Netflix? I didn't know, I used to watch it on AS but haven's lately. So, for me, that was a gem of knowledge.

Big Grin

Your list, futiles?
Don't be mean, just share with us your favorite that may be obscure. Attack on Titan is on Netflix? I didn't know, I used to watch it on AS but haven's lately. So, for me, that was a gem of knowledge.

Big Grin

Your list, futiles?
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
I'm pretty much only watching Deep Space Nine and the Wonder Years, again, while working from home. I wouldn't consider either of those hidden. I watch the Marvel ones as soon as the release, but, again, not hidden.
I watched Deadbeat on Hulu as a background noise show, but I really enjoyed it. 3 seasons so far, all on Hulu. It's the opposite of highbrow humor. Lot of pot and fart jokes, but is more than the sum of its parts.

Also Peaky Blinders on Netflix. Irish mob in London right after World War 1. So much happens each show. So very good. It's got Dr. Grant from Jurassic Park and Scarecrow from The Dark Knight series. SO good.
Last edited 09-04-2016 at 12:55 AM by palmettobling.
Netflix: Granite Flats - Kinda quirky Wonder Years meets cold war series. Only half way through the second season at the moment, so not sure how it's going to fair as the kids get older.
Not sure if it's still on Netflix, but "Tucker and Dale vs Evil" is a funny movie. But then, it does have Alan Tudyk and Tyler Labine in it, so you can't be too surprised. LOL.
Not sure if it's still on Netflix, but "Tucker and Dale vs Evil" is a funny movie. But then, it does have Alan Tudyk and Tyler Labine in it, so you can't be too surprised. LOL.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
That is one of the funniest sleepers ever! Alan Tudyk as a redneck is one of the best performances I've seen Big Grin
I hear this is pretty gory too, is that true?
I hear this is pretty gory too, is that true?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
A little bit; If I remember correctly, there's a fair bit of implied gore over the actual gore.
A little bit; If I remember correctly, there's a fair bit of implied gore over the actual gore.
Yeah, it's over the top gore. A whole lot of blood; but it's all done in a comical sense.
Yeah I've seen rated highly as an actually scary horror flick. Unsure what they were smoking as it's not that scary, but it's freaking funny as.
It's got a few good scares in it, but overall I thought it was a comedy. Fantastic fun.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account