Porsche's Movie Reviews - "Logan"

Entertainment

Found 11 posts - Go to Last Post

The wife and I went and saw this last night, and we were blown away. I am writing a full review I'll post later today, but right off I will say it was worth the opening night crowd - it was so good, even as a movie not a hero movie. They nailed the darkness that Logan has always had.
Saw this last night as well, and I definitely enjoyed it. I'm glad these movies are realizing that a hard R rating can be worth the risk, and it allows a different kind of story to be told. I look forward to more.
And the Deadpool cameo... awesome.

Sorry guys I got sidelined with posting the real review, will do this evening.
Wolverine solo films definitely improved with each outing. I was entertained by this one.

While I am not a Deadpool fan (I still think of his character as an intentional throw away character as he first introduced, and never got into him), I do think they are doing his solo films exactly they way they should for his fans, and the first one was spot on.
I just saw the movie and the only Deadpool "cameo" I saw was the trailer for Deadpool 2. Other than that I didn't see him, so if you old pin point the exact spot I would be grateful. Also I was not so impressed with this film... it seemed to pose way too many questions than it answered. I mean it was ok but I think its just way out of continuity.
I just saw the movie and the only Deadpool "cameo" I saw was the trailer for Deadpool 2. Other than that I didn't see him, so if you old pin point the exact spot I would be grateful. Also I was not so impressed with this film... it seemed to pose way too many questions than it answered. I mean it was ok but I think its just way out of continuity.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Well, notice that there was no "This trailer has been approved for all audiences" or anything like that. Also, the Deadpool clip was after the movie launch clips. So, the Deadpool "trailer" was actually part of the Logan "film" roll. That makes it a cameo.

Also, Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, and others stated in interviews, on Twitter, and various other outlets calling this an alternate universe movie. So, this Wolverine, Professor X, and Caliban were not the Wolverine, Professor X, and Caliban you saw in the previous films.
Well, notice that there was no "This trailer has been approved for all audiences" or anything like that. Also, the Deadpool clip was after the movie launch clips. So, the Deadpool "trailer" was actually part of the Logan "film" roll. That makes it a cameo.

Also, Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, and others stated in interviews, on Twitter, and various other outlets calling this an alternate universe movie. So, this Wolverine, Professor X, and Caliban were not the Wolverine, Professor X, and Caliban you saw in the previous films.
Originally Posted by futiles
Like I said "trailer" as this may have been part of the "film role" I never saw anything included in the credits about it... but anyway no sense in arguing that.. and as for continuity.. my opinion..yea I'm fanboy, so I get to gripe a bit after all, freedom of speech and such. I understand this was set out of continuity, but it just shows the confusion that is the Marvel "mutant" universe, cinematic or not. I went in with very low expectations. As an average fan it was fun but confusing as a fanboy it was disappointing and confusing and as the somewhat educated "in-between" fan It was fun and hard to swallow. I don't care what critics say and I'm not taking away from the acting nor directing. I'm taking away from the story, if they say it was out of continuity in interviews then it should be very easy for them to start with narrative or text that says so. Hell a a lot of comics do it. after the events of such and such what would it have been like if such and such..this is a possible story of one such time.. or something like that..You'll never please everyone and since I'm probably one of the few that didn't like it as much as the majority you can just call me salty and be done with it I certainly don't want to get in to an argument over it. I'm just stating I didn't like as much as I thought I could've.
Cameo roles are traditionally uncredited, so, not seeing anything in the credits...
Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, and others stated in interviews, on Twitter, and various other outlets calling this an alternate universe movie. So, this Wolverine, Professor X, and Caliban were not the Wolverine, Professor X, and Caliban you saw in the previous films.
Originally Posted by futiles
How many alternate universe movies are we supposed to expect from the X-Men franchise?
How many alternate universe movies are we supposed to expect from the X-Men franchise?
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
All of them until Marvel gets them back. Lol
All of them until Marvel gets them back. Lol
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Pretty much this... I mean, the series has been going 17 years, with attempts to restart it without actually recasting entirely, and then spinning off without recasting but retconning, then trying to retcon some other things while leaving in some things... Yeah, its going to get confusing.

At Sony just completely scraps Spider-man and starts it over. And Fox did scrap Fantastic Four, not that they improved on it the second try.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account