Only 90's Kids Will Understand....

Gaming Chat

Found 26 posts - Go to Last Post

I saw this on Facebook and it bought back lots of memories for me of writing down every cheat code and then entering them to see what they actually did/gave me. Before the days of notes on phones, this was the way it all went down....
Man; we were doing that way before GTA. LOL
My favorite cheat code was entering the save code that was in the game manual for Wonder Boy III. The instructions showed a save code that when entered gave you everything and unlocked everything. Good stuff.
Well, it wasn't really a cheat. It was just showing how to enter the save codes via image form. I just tried it one day to see and there it was... I had a ton of fun trying to recreate what that code allowed. Never did. Maybe I should dust it off and try again...
I think it is funny that a 2004 game was used as something a 90's kid will understand.

Of course, I'm that weird age group that split the decade, equal parts of my youth in the 80s and 90s.
I remember having to write down the codes for Mike Tyson's: Punch-out and also trying to keep stats for all of the baseball & football games before they did it themselves. I probably still have a notebook of Bases Loaded & RBI Baseball box scores from the 80's stuffed away somewhere...
To this date i remember the cheat code for the blood option in the original mortal kombat on the genesis "dullard" and to get most of the crusier parts in toejam and earl Pause the game and press Up, A + B + C, Right + A, Down + B, and Left + C. Any UK child will remember games master https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Yi8XmYBr4 Patrick Moore you gaming god.
I never had games master but did play it. Alex Kidd was boss!
To this date i remember the cheat code for the blood option in the original mortal kombat on the genesis "dullard" and to get most of the crusier parts in toejam and earl Pause the game and press Up, A + B + C, Right + A, Down + B, and Left + C.
Originally Posted by madeyepadeye
Whoa, dusting off the old brain for that one. Nice job. Good times...
i remember doing cheat code with gameshark as a kid
Who had old cartridge and spring system thingy for PS1?
Who had old cartridge and spring system thingy for PS1?
Originally Posted by dieselv2
The only cartridge I can think of for the PS1 was the memory cards and Spring thingy? Are talking about how it used to open from the top?
Action Replay...just googled it

Originally Posted by dieselv2
Perfect for playing burned games...uh I mean cheat codes, yeah that's it.
I think it is funny that a 2004 game was used as something a 90's kid will understand.

Of course, I'm that weird age group that split the decade, equal parts of my youth in the 80s and 90s.
Originally Posted by futiles
Yep, right with ya on that.
Yep, right with ya on that.
Originally Posted by ZeroDesolation
Myself as well. But we did have some awesome, radical, tubular stuff!
Pfft. Cheat codes? Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) How about writing down the save codes?! Screw that up or lose that list and you'd have to start the game all over again. Mad
Pfft. Cheat codes? Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) How about writing down the save codes?! Screw that up or lose that list and you'd have to start the game all over again. Mad
Originally Posted by LakeView312
That is what made the first Legend of Zelda amazing. "Wait, what? You will actually save my progress for me? For three different players? WHAT?!?!?!"

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account