Next Xbox could be 3D?

Xbox 360

Found 5 posts - Go to Last Post

A tweet a few days ago from Team Xbox states "...in addition to built-in Natal tech, a key feature of the next Xbox would be full HD stereoscopic 3D visuals similar to 3D movie theatres."

Team Xbox Tweet

N4G Summary

That sounds good, But what about them damn glasses that will just suck... Maybe The NHS (UK) and some other medical places can do "Gaming eyes - for all your 3D Gaming needs"
What do the rest of you think?
I really wasnt surprised at the rumours as around E3 I was thinking around the same lines. Just minus the 3D thing. It wouldnt shock me if MS announced a new console in the next year or two. Their biggest news was two new Halo games...or one seeing as ODST is old news and Natal which could go either way.

3D gaming hasn't even taken off yet so I don't really know how they expect this to work. I know Nvidia has a pair of glasses but I just don't think it's somethign we need right now. It's just something else devs will be lazy with.
I think it has it's potential. With the onslaught of success that 3D movies have had in the theaters over here, I don't see why 3D gaming can't do just as well. It would take a lot of innovating to get it just right, however. I would also hope that they don't plan on making the entire console 3D. Some games simply don't need to be 3D. I think we've got plenty of time until the next console is announced, so it's all up in the air as to what happens next. I'll be watching it, that's for sure.
It's soundly logical. Once you get to the pinnacle of graphics, why not make it 3D and jump out right at you.

Bioshock in 3D? Silent Hill in 3D?

I may shit myself.
A mag I buy called Custom PC did a review on Nvidias 3D glasses. Bottom line, they arent worth it. You'll need a brand new top of the range graphics card just to get past the frame rate drops. We just arent there yet. And if new PCs are struggling, I can't see the 360 being 3Ds springboard.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account