Badge tracking may be broken

Issues & Bug Reports

Found 9 posts - Go to Last Post

Resolved
The tracking for the Opinionated badges says I have rated 236 games in my library, but the games rating breakdown on my profile says I have rated 240 games. As far as I can tell, the only explanation for the discrepancy that I can seem to find is when I look at my unrated games; that page says I have rated 236 out of 256 played, but I have 16 unrated games and 4 apps (which I don't believe can be rated) played on my Gamertag.

Also, I have posted 59 threads in the forums, but I have not unlocked the badge for posting 50 threads.
Status changed to 'Logged' - Looking into this now. I'll check into both rating and thread counts and update this soon.
Status changed from 'Logged' to 'Resolved' - You are good to go now. I had the system recalculate the total games rated and threads posted for each user.

As of this post, you have 240 games rated and 66 threads created. This should be reflected in your badge tracking totals now.
Thanks for the resolution.
Originally Posted by Dvader83
Just a heads up - there was a bug in relation to the thread counts I reported earlier. Some folks had an inflated thread count as a result of our moderation system and how reported posts/threads are handled internally. Basically, when someone reports a post/thread/PM that report is sent to a dedicated staff-only forum so we can address them as they come in.

When I calculated this earlier I failed to exclude these auto-generated threads from everyone's tally. Those will be excluded moving forward so we're good now.
That's great, thanks for the additional fix. It was a bit odd to see that I had created more than 50 threads, but the badge wasn't unlocking.
That's great, thanks for the additional fix. It was a bit odd to see that I had created more than 50 threads, but the badge wasn't unlocking.
With that said, your boost was a result of all the spam posts/threads you reported over the years. That's still worth recognizing here so thank you for helping us weed out the spam.
One other minor thing I've noticed that may have a simple explanation is whenever I reply to a thread the brief summary of my user info next to my recent reply shows the number of posts I've made increment up by one, but the same summary next to the quick reply box still shows the previous amount. For example, next to this reply shows 852 posts, but next to the quick reply box shows 851.
One other minor thing I've noticed that may have a simple explanation is whenever I reply to a thread the brief summary of my user info next to my recent reply shows the number of posts I've made increment up by one, but the same summary next to the quick reply box still shows the previous amount. For example, next to this reply shows 852 posts, but next to the quick reply box shows 851.
Good catch. That's a result of the quick reply form posting inline which doesn't require a refresh of the page. Technically when you post using the quick reply form, the posts total next to quick reply form should increment by one.

I'm considering that to be a minor issue for now. There are plans to redesign how posts look in the forums and that side area will be probably be moved above the posts content anyway.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account