Found 9 posts - Go to Last Post

Recommended Pro/Elite controllers?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 14 (35.00%) Microsoft Elite 2

× 0 (0%) PowerA Fusion Pro 2

× 1 (2.50%) Razer Wolverine V2

× 2 (5.00%) Turtle Beach Recon

× 1 (2.50%) Nacon Revolution X Pro

× 2 (5.00%) Something else (please mention in a comment)

× 20 (50.00%) generic “add to my poll count” option

• Added 10-07-2021 03:58 PM
  • 40 votes
Hey all,

I’ve had an Elite II controller for a few years, but I think it’s on its way out, and I’m interested in alternatives. It’s a great controller, but I had to go through a whole PITA warranty process 9 months in due to a faulty shoulder button, sticking triggers, and a drifting analog stick. I received a faulty refurbished controller back, and after raising a huge stink, finally got a fully functioning replacement… which lasted another 9 months or so before I started getting the same trigger sticking and faulty shoulder. I’m sure the drifting analog stick will be along any day now. Plus I dropped it and one of the flippers is only about half-functional now. After all that, I’m not looking to drop another $150 on the same experience.

That being said, I don’t know if I can go back to the non-adjustable triggers, no programmable flippers, and shoddy battery life of a standard controller. So I’m interested in experiences any of you have had with other “pro” type controllers. Let me know if you have any experience with the controllers in the poll, or in the case of the Nacon, if you have experience with other Nacon controllers that give you any thoughts about how worth it the upcoming Revolution X controller will be.
Sadly I don't have much experience with those types of controllers. The one controller that I bought custom made from Microsoft never worked right so I've just used standard or generic controllers ever since.
They only came out Nov 4, 2019. So, definitely not a few year...

Hey all,

I’ve had an Elite II controller for a few years, but I think it’s on its way out, and I’m interested in alternatives. It’s a great controller, but I had to go through a whole PITA warranty process 9 months in due to a faulty shoulder button, sticking triggers, and a drifting analog stick. I received a faulty refurbished controller back, and after raising a huge stink, finally got a fully functioning replacement… which lasted another 9 months or so before I started getting the same trigger sticking and faulty shoulder. I’m sure the drifting analog stick will be along any day now. Plus I dropped it and one of the flippers is only about half-functional now. After all that, I’m not looking to drop another $150 on the same experience.

That being said, I don’t know if I can go back to the non-adjustable triggers, no programmable flippers, and shoddy battery life of a standard controller. So I’m interested in experiences any of you have had with other “pro” type controllers. Let me know if you have any experience with the controllers in the poll, or in the case of the Nacon, if you have experience with other Nacon controllers that give you any thoughts about how worth it the upcoming Revolution X controller will be.
Originally Posted by thanatos8285
They only came out Nov 4, 2019. So, definitely not a few year...
Originally Posted by futiles
Please forgive my egregious exaggeration. I've had one for 22 months. I will work hard to cleanse my reputation and earn my way back to being a member in good standing on this website. I only hope the shame I have brought to my house and ancestors can heal with time.
Please forgive my egregious exaggeration. I've had one for 22 months. I will work hard to cleanse my reputation and earn my way back to being a member in good standing on this website. I only hope the shame I have brought to my house and ancestors can heal with time.
Originally Posted by thanatos8285
If it makes you feel better, I just assumed you were like my brother who for years has argued that "a few" means "two" because they rhyme.
In my opinion, I'd either go with the Elite 2 or Razer Wolverine V2. I'm going to be buying the Elite 2 here shortly. It's on sale on through the Microsoft store for $149.99 I think, but Best Buy has it for $137.99 , somewhere around there so I'm probably going to go there. Unless anyone knows of anyplace cheaper?? Brand new though.
I only use standard controllers so can not really recommend anything. BUT i would stay away from anything PowerA. I bought a controller for the 360 and a recharge kit for the One from them and both were cheap pieces of crap. They also will find excuses to not honor a warranty.
Had four bad Elite controllers over two generations. Got my eyes on the SCUF Instinct Pro but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Figured I'd check in because I went ahead and bought the Nacon Revolution X Pro, and then I just received the Razer Wolverine V2 as a Christmas present. Short version: Elite II is still the one to beat. The Revolution X Pro is a big disappointment, and the Wolverine V2 was so bad I packed it back up in the box and started up a return within 5 minutes of plugging it in.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account