× 6 (8.96%) NHL

× 1 (1.49%) NCAAB

• Added 09-15-2014 07:33 AM
  • 67 votes
  • Votes are public
Happy voting... :-)
for me its NFL

but there needs to be a MMA choice
I like all of them except basket ball, I just dont find a 98-100 point game interesting
American Football!!!!

Actually, I think this question can be asked at different times of the year and achieve different results.
NFL. They used to call Baseball America's pastime, but it seems to me that American football is more popular these days.
NFL. They used to call Baseball America's pastime, but it seems to me that American football is more popular these days.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
im not sure on a national leval but here in the Detroit area baseball is making a comeback, maybe because the Tigers are contenders mabe because people are so sick of the Lions sucking every year,IDK?
Shocker the poll is turning out exactly like the ratings. NFL is king with Nascar in 2nd. Nothing else is close. For me personally, MMA would be second and isn't on the list.
I think the poll would be better if it asked what your favorite sports are. It's fairly clear NFL is the most popular sport.
Baseball is America's pastime, because it doesn't count as a sport when players are only doing something for about 1/100 of the actual game time. Wink No surprises on this one, NFL and NASCAR pretty much rule the tv ratings in the US. Too bad hockey doesn't have more traction down there.
Too bad hockey doesn't have more traction down there.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
Not enough of us have opportunity to play it. So much equipment and right weather needed. I'm convinced that's why the world loves soccer so much, it's cheap and anyone with a foot and get into it.
Not enough of us have opportunity to play it. So much equipment and right weather needed. I'm convinced that's why the world loves soccer so much, it's cheap and anyone with a foot and get into it.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Absolutely. Most people south don't even see ice, so it's just a foreign concept. Too bad because the speed of the game and physicality would appeal to many, and I love the skill involved as well.
And yes, football (soccer) is king everywhere else in the world without a doubt. You can make a ball out of plastic bags, some rocks for goal posts, and you're good to go.
Hockey is great... Even better if the Lightning end up being contenders this year. Too many teams make the playoffs though, more than half which means likely a losing team gets in.

Although MLB/NFL, I don't like it that winning a weak division get's you a much better position than a wildcard from a tougher division.
i perfer skateboarding n mma nfl n nascar na ill pass
Not sure how you do an opinion vote on a objective, quantifiable question.

Most popular can be determined (and is) based on television ratings, merchandising, attendance, radio popularity, website views, subjective polling, etc. In fact, there is plenty of places to get that information.

However, a subjective question, like a person's favorite sport, could be judged in a poll like this...

Most popular can be determined (and is) based on television ratings, merchandising, attendance, radio popularity, website views, subjective polling, etc. In fact, there is plenty of places to get that information.

However, a subjective question, like a person's favorite sport, could be judged in a poll like this...
Originally Posted by futiles
Which I believe is the relevant situation here.

Originally Posted by futiles
Agreed. For me, it's Football, Basketball, Soccer, and Baseball at the bottom. Heck, I would watch Golf before Baseball. Baseball puts me to sleep.
I'm a college football fan myself, but um pretty sure the NFL is #1 sport in America.
I'm a college football fan myself, but um pretty sure the NFL is #1 sport in America.
Originally Posted by SpectreSubZero
I just can't get into college football. Or basketball. It seems too transient for me.
NBA isn't popular?
NBA isn't popular?
Originally Posted by QuiCkz Ninja
Not since Michael Jordan played for the Bulls.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account