Breaking Bad "Spin off"

Entertainment

Season 2 premier is tonight!
Originally Posted by SG Steelhead
Just rewatched season 1 on Netflix and they are running a marathon on AMC today if people need to catch up. This show is fantastic and a must see.
Just rewatched season 1 on Netflix and they are running a marathon on AMC today if people need to catch up. This show is fantastic and a must see.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Should Breaking Bad be watched first?
Should Breaking Bad be watched first?
Originally Posted by Sith Rick
It's not necessary because the show will hook you regardless. You would get a better perspective it you did watch Breaking Bad since in Breaking Bad his character is a shady Lawyer. In Better Call Saul he isn't, but he starts going down that road towards the end of season one.

Both are a great watch.
Last edited 02-17-2016 at 12:13 AM by MarvzMitts.
I love the Breaking Bad references. There have been a ton so far.

For instance, in the BB episode where Walt & Jesse meet Saul for the first time they take him to the desert and threaten to kill him. When they first drag him out of the van he starts yelling "It wasn't me...it was Ignasio!!". At no time in BB was Ignasio mentioned again, but in BCS we find out that he's one of Saul/Jimmy's earliest criminal clients...Ignasio is Nacho's real first name.
I love the Breaking Bad references. There have been a ton so far.

For instance, in the BB episode where Walt & Jesse meet Saul for the first time they take him to the desert and threaten to kill him. When they first drag him out of the van he starts yelling "It wasn't me...it was Ignasio!!". At no time in BB was Ignasio mentioned again, but in BCS we find out that he's one of Saul/Jimmy's earliest criminal clients...Ignasio is Nacho's real first name.
It's been so long since I have seen the episodes that my mind is a bit hazy. I barely remember if Nacho was in BB at all. It's a cool throw back. I should just rewatch them instead of suffering through Helix like I have for the past week.
It's been so long since I have seen the episodes that my mind is a bit hazy. I barely remember if Nacho was in BB at all. It's a cool throw back. I should just rewatch them instead of suffering through Helix like I have for the past week.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Nacho wasn't in BB, Saul just mentioned him once...using his real name, Ignasio. Pretty cool stuff.

This season's premier had another huge reference that was great!

Remember the stock broker douchebag that pissed Walt off in BB? He drove a Corvette with the license plate "KEN WINS" or some shit? Walt popped the guy's hood and started a fire in his car while he was paying for gas. That's the guy Saul and his girlfriend scammed in the season premier this Monday Lol Lol Lol
I'm going to try and watch BCS tonight. Avoiding the toggle spoiler for now.
Season two started off nicely. I can't wait for next week to hear the conversation Mike is going to have with the pill thief.
I watched the entire first season of "better call Saul" and have only seen the first episode of breaking bad a very long time ago. I do not think you need to be familiar with breaking bad to enjoy better call Saul. Although I assume there are some references in "saul" that I don't notice.

The thing that surprised me about the show "better call saul" is the main character's name ISN'T Saul. So why is the show named that ?
I watched the entire first season of "better call Saul" and have only seen the first episode of breaking bad a very long time ago. I do not think you need to be familiar with breaking bad to enjoy better call Saul. Although I assume there are some references in "saul" that I don't notice.

The thing that surprised me about the show "better call saul" is the main character's name ISN'T Saul. So why is the show named that ?
Originally Posted by MrGompers
That's the reference you miss. He becomes a character on Breaking Bad, called Saul Goodman. Since BCS is six years prior to his appearance on BB, you get to see how Jimmy becomes Saul.
That's the reference you miss. He becomes a character on Breaking Bad, called Saul Goodman. Since BCS is six years prior to his appearance on BB, you get to see how Jimmy becomes Saul.
Originally Posted by futiles
Better call Saul is a prequel then I guess ? That would make sense.
Better call Saul is a prequel then I guess ? That would make sense.
Originally Posted by MrGompers
That is correct it's a prequel and the name is actually mentioned in season one of BCS, when he is running the Rolex scam with his buddy. He says his name and refers to it as "It's All Good Man". If you haven't seen BB, then I can only imagine what you must be thinking or saying to yourself what the hell is up these B&W Cinnabon openers.
Got hooked on this show. The script is well written like Breaking Bad and the cinematography is the same.
Tonight! Mike has a talk with Price, this should be good.
"Morally flexible" - I'll be using the hell out of that one from here on out Lol
Cobbler was a great episode, hehe. The title had me scratching my head at first, but what an ending.
I found another nice Easter Egg in this weeks episode of Better Call Saul.

When Kim & Jimmy are watching movies at his new pad, one of the films she loves is called Ice Station Zebra. I Just rewatched Saul's introduction to Breaking bad (Season 2, Episode 8). In the episode when Saul comes in to save Badger he asks for $4000 and wants it made out to Ice Station Zebra Associates, which is his Load Out Company.

What a call back...
NICE! I completely missed that!
I came across it completely by chance. If I had not watched the episodes back to back it would have gone over my head.
Excellent episode this week. Just like BB, the writing is off-the-charts. Kim's speech to Chuck was awesome and hit the nail on the head, bigtime! But what I liked even better was the meeting between Mike & Ignacio/Nacho. You could tell how disgusted Mike was with himself when he learned about the good samaritan who was killed [by Hector] because of his actions. All of the shit that keeps happening to him gives us a great look at how he became the guy he is in BB.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account