Far Cry 4 coming to Xbox One in first half of 2015

Far Cry 4

Found 8 posts - Go to Last Post

Far Cry 4 will be released in the first half of 2015 and is set in the Himalayas, with rideable elephants also making an appearance.

Eurogamer reports sources have confirmed the new locale, which marks a shift from the sandy, tropical locations we're used to.

The aim is apparently to release the game before the end of March 2015, with an official reveal expected at this year's E3 in June. PS4, Xbox One and PC versions are an inevitability, though some confusion remains over whether or not we should expect to see the title on PS3 and Xbox 360.

The setting based around the Himalayas will include both snowy regions but also sunnier, alpine climes. Gameplay is meant to remain similar to Far Cry 3, with an emphasis being on hunting local fauna.

- IGN
Well seeing as the new Assassins Creed will be next Gen only, I wouldn't be surprised to see this going the same route. I just hope they don't go overboard on the achievements like they did for 2.
I wonder if they won't release it on the 360/ps3, it could become a(nother?) system seller, the franchise has enough fans to do that and if it looks impressive, but I don't know if they can/will accept the money loss for not releasing it on the ps3/x360 at the same time. We'll see, nothing is set in stone as far as I know. Smile
Far Cry 3 was really cool, and a vast improvement over Far Cry 2. I will be waiting to purchase this one based on reviews, as I am a bit worried that they will borrow too much from 3, and feel more like an expansion pack, or new DLC location.

Elephants are cool and all, but they don't really move that fast, and I think they would be terrible at hang-gliding.
Far Cry 3 was really cool, and a vast improvement over Far Cry 2. I will be waiting to purchase this one based on reviews, as I am a bit worried that they will borrow too much from 3, and feel more like an expansion pack, or new DLC location.

Elephants are cool and all, but they don't really move that fast, and I think they would be terrible at hang-gliding.
Originally Posted by palmettobling
yes but they're excellent suffers.
Far Cry 4 Has Gone Gold

Clear your calendar. Call a few of your best buds. And steel yourself to survive in the audaciously beautiful country of Kyrat. Far Cry 4 has officially gone gold and will be available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC on November 18.

In Far Cry 4, players will become Ajay Ghale, a man born in Kyrat but raised in the United States. Ajay returns to the fictional Himalayan nation for personal reasons, only to become embroiled in a bloody civil war. With Kyrat, Far Cry 4 is set to deliver the franchise’s most ambitious world yet – a diverse region with a wide array of ecosystems and a richly realized cast of characters.

And then there’s co-op. Take one of the best parts of Far Cry – the open-world gameplay in which every second delivers a new story – and then bring in a friend. While you can still enjoy the entire experience solo, you now have “lots and lots of opportunities where it will be twice as much fun or twice as interesting or twice as funny with another person,” says Creative Director Alex Hutchinson.

Far Cry 4 is a major leap forward for the franchise. The story is fully integrated into the overall experience, with your choices making a real difference in a civil war that’s roiling Kyrat. The open-world is packed with surprises. The addition of open-world co-op allows gamers to double their fun in new and creative ways. And the PvP delivers a true Far Cry experience this time: pitting the rebel Golden Path against the mythical warriors of the Rakshasa, the asymmetrical competitive multiplayer is set on 10 maps based on familiar Kyrati locations, and uses animals (including elephants) and vehicles in 5v5 matchups across 3 distinct modes.

“When I look back at Far Cry 4’s development, I’m amazed at what the team pulled off,” says Executive Producer Dan Hay. “We added verticality. We gave the player the ability to fly. We gave them the ability to fly in co-op. We gave them the ability to fly and have the other player down on the ground running around while they’re flying. We made the number of encounters way higher. The encounters are different, and the animals are different. The characters are unique, and your friends will have subtly different experiences with the story. I’m proud of both the quality and the sheer volume in Far Cry 4.”

With so much to see and so much to do, Far Cry 4 is set to deliver even more of what fans crave from this open-world franchise. “After the critical and commercial success of the previous game, Far Cry is now one of Ubisoft’s top brands,” says Senior Vice President of Sales & Marketing Tony Key. “Far Cry 4 will raise the bar for the series yet again.”

blog.ubi.com
After the announcement on the official entry at gold for Farcry 4 Ubisoft has released some further information on her competitive multiplayer shooter coming next November 18. Here then we list what we just found about PvP in Farcry 4:

1. Matches will be against 5 5
  2. The gameplay will be asymmetric, so players will be divided into 2 factions. The party with the highest overall score wins.
  3. The duration of the match will be an average of 20 minutes.
  4. The maps present at launch will be 10
  5. The game modes are Outpost in which one faction will have to establish an outpost in the region while the other must defeat them; Propaganda when one faction will destroy 3 opposing installations; Demon Mask in which both sides will have to find the form and then return it to their base

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account