It's only January 1st and I already reached rewards points redemption cap!

Gaming Chat

Found 10 posts - Go to Last Post

Should Microsoft get rid of it's rewards points annual redemption limit?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 28 (75.68%) YES

× 9 (24.32%) NO

• Added 01-01-2021 06:14 PM
  • 37 votes
I took all 550 thousand points today as it's a new calendar year and bought a second laptop with it. While I love rewards, I hate the cap. I think Microsoft should allow users to use and redeem the points they earn whenever they want. Whats everyone else's opinion? I realize I spend a lot more than the average person on here but should there really be a yearly redemption cap that hurts users like me that spend a lot? Sure I will have a bunch of points for next calendar year, but then I will probably reach the limit on January 1st of 2022 as well. I still have over 200 thousand points after I spent the 600 dollars from the 550 thousand points today. So I'll probable have close to a million points by next year at this time. As long as my points don't expire its okay but not ideal. I really think Microsoft should change or do away with this policy as it's upsetting to say the least.
Agreed. If you earned the points you should be able to use them with no restrictions. Hell, the amount of money you spent to get that many points should more than offset whatever "free" items you get with those points. Plus, I'd expect people like you, who reach those limits, would be more likely to spend more up front because there was no limit on the back end for redemptions, which should be a win-win for Microsoft and for customers.
Agreed. If you earned the points you should be able to use them with no restrictions. Hell, the amount of money you spent to get that many points should more than offset whatever "free" items you get with those points. Plus, I'd expect people like you, who reach those limits, would be more likely to spend more up front because there was no limit on the back end for redemptions, which should be a win-win for Microsoft and for customers.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Amen! I just hope Microsoft realizes and starts to care, thanks for your input!
Wow didn't even know there was a cap. But yeah that's ridiculous. Honestly it's not like Microsoft is some mom and pop shop that could be financially ruined by letting you cash it all in at once. The whole idea behind the points is basically them giving something back to you for all the revenue you've generated for them, so capping it doesn't make any kind of sense. That's not going to do anything other than give you a reason to do your shopping elsewhere, and if you're giving them that much business to generate that many points in the first place, they definitely don't come out ahead in that trade-off.
Wow didn't even know there was a cap. But yeah that's ridiculous. Honestly it's not like Microsoft is some mom and pop shop that could be financially ruined by letting you cash it all in at once. The whole idea behind the points is basically them giving something back to you for all the revenue you've generated for them, so capping it doesn't make any kind of sense. That's not going to do anything other than give you a reason to do your shopping elsewhere, and if you're giving them that much business to generate that many points in the first place, they definitely don't come out ahead in that trade-off.
Originally Posted by thanatos8285
Yeah I feel the same way, I've been buying more on Steam recently just because I know I can't touch any points I earn till next year on Microsoft...
I'd love to use Microsoft Rewards... if they would ever stop using the "law excuse" to justify not including many countries where this kind of service is well within the acceptable.
Lol, someone voted for Microsoft to keep the redemption limit. We must have Microsoft employees on this site ������
and I thought I was doing good with 50k points hahaha
An option for "don't care just here for the poll" was needed lol
An option for "don't care just here for the poll" was needed lol
Originally Posted by smokenrocket
I understand you only want the badge but I made this post/poll without badges in consideration.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account