Doesn't this game belong in this series?

Feature Requests

Found 8 posts - Go to Last Post

Under Review

Should Band Hero be included in the Guitar Hero series

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 31 (63.27%) Yes

× 6 (12.24%) No

× 12 (24.49%) something something TLDR oh look a poll

• Added 01-14-2017 08:16 AM
  • 49 votes
Band Hero shares instruments, DLC and gameplay features with the Guitar Hero series of games so shouldn't it be counted as part of that series?
Band Hero shares instruments, DLC and gameplay features with the Guitar Hero series of games so shouldn't it be counted as part of that series?
Originally Posted by DJ Psyanyde
To be honest, I am surprised it is not included. I mean, it shares source code, game engine, and overall feel. Couldn't you also choose between your XBL avatar or the Guitar Hero regular characters?

To play Devil's Advocate on this, though, the "Hero" in Band Hero certainly implies that it is part of the overall Music Hero franchises. Would you vote to include DJ Hero 1 and 2, or, would you exclude them? Yes, they play differently, but, the overall feel and look of the games is very much part of the Music Hero franchises.
To be honest, I am surprised it is not included. I mean, it shares source code, game engine, and overall feel. Couldn't you also choose between your XBL avatar or the Guitar Hero regular characters?

To play Devil's Advocate on this, though, the "Hero" in Band Hero certainly implies that it is part of the overall Music Hero franchises. Would you vote to include DJ Hero 1 and 2, or, would you exclude them? Yes, they play differently, but, the overall feel and look of the games is very much part of the Music Hero franchises.
Originally Posted by futiles
I agree with you here, futiles. I can see this both as part of the Guitar Hero franchise, as it's just a new Guitar Hero game with added instrument play, and as it's own series or just simply part of the overall music genre. I voted yes, but I could easily see this going either, or both, ways.
I agree with you here, futiles. I can see this both as part of the Guitar Hero franchise, as it's just a new Guitar Hero game with added instrument play, and as it's own series or just simply part of the overall music genre. I voted yes, but I could easily see this going either, or both, ways.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Honestly, if you asked me how I thought a badge for that franchise might be setup, I would instinctively say all the Hero games, Band, Guitar, and DJ. Not sure what that makes it, like 12 games or something, but, that seems like a decent group of games to lump together.
Honestly, if you asked me how I thought a badge for that franchise might be setup, I would instinctively say all the Hero games, Band, Guitar, and DJ. Not sure what that makes it, like 12 games or something, but, that seems like a decent group of games to lump together.
I am all for including DJ Hero into more things.
if it shared DLC or peripherals i would agree but it does not, this was basically the pop version of guitar hero a good comparisson would be LEGO rock band which IS included in the rock band series
if it shared DLC or peripherals i would agree but it does not, this was basically the pop version of guitar hero a good comparisson would be LEGO rock band which IS included in the rock band series
Originally Posted by DJ Psyanyde
Also, Windows Phone Guitar Hero counts for those badges. It shares nothing but a name with the series. So, if a phone game of the same name can be part of the series, I would think 3 console games that share the base game engine would also be included.
Personally, I hesitated a little on this but the reasoning is sound here. I did see our counter part includes them all except the Dj hereos in the same game series, but I wouldn't be opposed to putting those in as well.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account