Found 14 posts - Go to Last Post

How come this sites scanners don't get new games tracked right away. I love the site, but the tracking is a bit slow. For anyone wondering its a decent free to play game. 700 gamerscore can be achieved in about thirty minutes. Last two achievements will be a bit grindy, but the game has a large community and it's decent.
This site is ran by a very, very small group of people, primarily the founder, GTN Eric. Eric also has a regular job too, as this site is not enough alone to live off of. Unlike some of the larger sites you might be used to the resources are limited and a lot of the back end work is still manual.

The real nice thing about this site is because of the smaller community, we don't have the same kinds of jerks or asshats that can ruin the larger sites.

If you like the site and want to help, consider signing up for a paid membership and/or telling your friends. In the meantime, as new games come out you can request through these forums to get them added. There are so many releases these days, it can be a bit tough to keep up.
I can create game pages, but seemingly I don't have the ability to make achievement lists. Sorry 'bout that.
Thanks for the info and help guys. I really appreciate it and I am grateful to be a part of this site, it's renewed my care for achievements and gamerscore. I will be signing up for a paid membership soon. Since I started using this site this year I've gained over 200k gamerscore and I'm trying to end the year around 250k and 750k gamerscore overall. I love the leaderboards and community etc. I want to do what I can to help the site/ community as the other sites that are bigger have too many jerks and cheaters so I won't be a part of them. Not to mention they promote boosting which I'm against as well (unless game community is dead) and the list goes on from there.
I just went to make a donation to be a premium member but unfortunately I refuse to use PayPal as I've been scammed by them years ago. I used to sell collectibles online all over the world and lost thousands due to PayPal siding with a buyer that scammed me internationally even though I had full evidence in the case. I lost about twelve grand in two days because of them, unfortunately until there is another way to make payment, there is nothing I can do.
I just went to make a donation to be a premium member but unfortunately I refuse to use PayPal as I've been scammed by them years ago. I used to sell collectibles online all over the world and lost thousands due to PayPal siding with a buyer that scammed me internationally even though I had full evidence in the case. I lost about twelve grand in two days because of them, unfortunately until there is another way to make payment, there is nothing I can do.
Originally Posted by JewishHulk87
Sorry to hear that bud. I can look into other methods if you have one in mind. Thanks for the kind words too!

Also, apologies for the delay in getting Rec Room added. SojerManLan tried to help out but I didn't have permissions setup correctly. I'll work on that so if I can't add games in time, others on the team can help out.
Is there any way you can use a credit card payment through someone else other than PayPal in the future? I want to help and would love to one day get this site to have scanning comparable to the other big achievement sites. I know that it's easier said than done but I think it's necessary. I had to wait three days for my latest scan and I know you guys are doing what you can but for the community and site to grow to the full potential, I think certain issues need to be addressed. Please don't take this the wrong way, I love the site and the community but want to see it become the best achievement site it can be. I have some ideas if you would like me to go on. But please do allow me to donate and upgrade my account first and foremost through another credit card processor if you can.
The real nice thing about this site is because of the smaller community, we don't have the same kinds of jerks or asshats that can ruin the larger sites.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
We have a Dacoto...
We have a Dacoto...
Originally Posted by futiles
What does that mean? I never heard that word before, I'm curious.
What does that mean? I never heard that word before, I'm curious.
Originally Posted by JewishHulk87
Dacoto is one of the members here. The phrase that Futiles used is a play on the "I have an army" "We have a Hulk" dialogue between Loki and Tony Stark in the first Avengers movie, and is meant to imply that Dacoto can be an asshat at times.
Oh lol, that's interesting and a bit funny. Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.
.... Dacoto can be an asshat at times.
Originally Posted by Dvader83
might be a weird autocorrect, not sure why you added in "at times"
might be a weird auto-correct, not sure why you added in "at times"
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Well, since I have not had extensive interactions with Dacoto, I'm unable to say one way or the other if he's an asshat 24/7.
I've only had one interaction with him: I signed up for one of his gaming sessions on another site, he never invited me, and then gave me negative feedback. He said I was a no-show because he claims he doesn't hunt down the people in his sessions. Had it said in his session that I had to send him a message or friend request to pay i would have. It was my first negative session and one of only a few negative or "neutral" feedback there. I've made it a point to avoid his sessions after that and have had a little interaction as possible.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account