Other than achievement hunting, what hobbies do you have?

General Chat

Found 9 posts - Go to Last Post

What are your hobbies?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 17 (53.13%) Tabletop games (Card and/or board)

× 10 (31.25%) Reading

× 9 (28.13%) Arts and crafts (drawing, painting, music, models, etc.)

× 4 (12.50%) Writing (creative writing, blogging, etc.)

× 6 (18.75%) Cooking

× 6 (18.75%) Genealogy, Family History, etc.

× 12 (37.50%) Other (mention in comments)

• Added 03-12-2022 01:19 AM
  • 32 votes
  • Multiple choice enabled
As I sit here working on the next step in my Iron Man model, I can't help but wonder what other hobbies my fellow gamers here have. I'm a big reader (I love science fiction and fantasy the most but also enjoy horror, thriller, crime, suspense types books as well); tabletop game (I enjoy board games and card games and have even helped kickstart a few); I draw (not a lot, but from time to time I pull out my middle school "tools" and draw a picture); I work on models (I did a Horizon vinyl model kit of Spider-Man 2099 and built a custom base for it, I'm currently working on a "subscription" style model kit from FanHome of the Iron Man Mark III armor and will be starting a similar structured Back to the Future DeLorean from Eaglemoss, and am trying my hand a customizing a model by turning a model of Captain America and a model of Superman into the "Amalgam" universe character "Super Soldier" from the Marvel / DC combined "Amalgam" comics event from the 90s). I used to do genealogy, but really haven't done anything with it in some time. I do enjoy signing up and participating in 5Ks even if I walk more than I run at this point (though I hope to get into better shape and make these easier).
While I selected reading for the poll, I also enjoy streaming movies and TV series via the Xbox movies app and Disney+. I tend to enjoy most genres when it comes to reading, though definitely not a fan of romance (in my younger days, I even used to skim read through the dictionary and volumes of the encyclopedia).

Since the beginning of last year, I've watched all of the MCU phase four series and movies through The Eternals. I've also watched both of the Clone Wars series, the first season of The Bad Batch, season two of The Mandolorian, The Book of Boba Fett, and went back and watched some of the Marvel Legacy movies as well as the older MCU movies up to Spider-Man: Homecoming. Currently, I'm making my way through Dragon Ball Super, while I wait for Moon Knight and the Marvel shows from Netflix to drop. And if all that wasn't enough to keep me entertained, I also decided last year to target and succeed in getting the 100K Gamerscore in one year badge.
Avid YGO Player for more then a Decade, only play casual formats, like GOAT, DAD or 2002 format.

Also Game Collecting has been my thing for more then 2 decades. I currently own roughly 7.5k Physical games for all imaginable consoles. With the vast majority being Xbox 360, GameCube and PS2 with taking in about 60% of the total collection

I own about 75% of the total 360 physical library

Recently started a PAL exclusive collection of Promotional games and sitting now on 200 360 titles made exclusively for Stores and Press release

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/-MsAA...Yb7/s-l300.jpg

Example of a Promotional Game (I own this one as well) if you are interested into them, they are only released in Europe and are significantly more rare then normal releases, not perse more expensive so it's a fun collection to start and takes up most of my time these days, the end goal is to have a full collection in the end, because so far every game has a promotional version even the crappy ones do

Also some day I'd love to own 1% of the total print run of My Horse and Me 2 copies currently sitting at 8 Complete copies my estimate there is 10k prints across all countries in the EU, so hopefully some day I'll have 100 copies. But they are expensive as hell usually €30+
Last edited 03-12-2022 at 09:22 AM by Rainbow Dash.
Knitting, tabletop games, wargames, painting minis for those wargames, learning guitar...
Went with tabletop games but I also want to get into lockpicking. Like those guys on YouTube who just mess around picking increasingly complicated locks. Seems fun.
Gaming is the only thing I do just about everyday and peaks while I hibernate during the winter months lol. I also play sports year round but only a couple times a week. Softball is my favorite. Yes beer is involved but its competitive as well. I've always loved the feeling of smashing a ball on the sweet spot of the bat! During the offseason I fuel my competitiveness with Wallyball (volleyball in a raquetball court). Super excited for April as it kicks off my outdoor fun with fishing/hunting, cruising around in my sport car or motorcycle with my girl, hitting the hiking trails with my girl (she loves waterfalls) and our dog. Used to drag our two boys with us but our teenagers are just too damn busy doing their own thing these days...
Learning new languages, bird watching and hiking.
Gaming and watching movies. I used to do a lot of both when I was younger but as I got older, time is more limited. Still enjoy them, though.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account