Any chance to get Hours Played tracking?

Feature Requests

Found 9 posts - Go to Last Post

And be able to see hours played by week, month year, etc.
And be able to see hours played by week, month year, etc.
Originally Posted by Strategyboyz21
I was just thinking about this very thing!

Back when the X1 launched, the play time was something developers had to include in their stat tracking for it to appear on the game stats on your profile.

However, after a few years the play time stat tracking was changed to be done on the console side, as a lot of devs weren't including it, so a lot of game's times showed as zero hours played.

Scraping this data - and other leaderboard data - shouldn't be a difficult task, neither should setting up a system to show you various filterable stats as you suggest.

But then, I'm not a GTN developer, so that's easy for me to say Big Grin
This brings back memories. Waaaaaaaaaaay BitD was a fun project called The Live Eye (RIP) and it tracked your time(s) played (how long and when).
The downside with hour tracking is the games themselves. Many games (more than half of the ones I play) continue to track hours even in idle and sleep mode. So, you don't get a very accurate representation of hours "played" so much as "hours this was the main application in your consoles active RAM."
The downside with hour tracking is the games themselves. Many games (more than half of the ones I play) continue to track hours even in idle and sleep mode. So, you don't get a very accurate representation of hours "played" so much as "hours this was the main application in your consoles active RAM."
Originally Posted by futiles
I've noticed this! My save file on Resident Evil 7 says I've been playing for 48 hours, when in reality, it's more like 5.
I've noticed this! My save file on Resident Evil 7 says I've been playing for 48 hours, when in reality, it's more like 5.
Originally Posted by C64 Mat
Yeah, hours played on Xbox One and Series S/X games is basically a throw away stat, unless you literally close the software every time you stop playing and walk away.
Yeah, hours played on Xbox One and Series S/X games is basically a throw away stat, unless you literally close the software every time you stop playing and walk away.
Originally Posted by futiles
I do that. I don't leave anything in quick resume since things load up so quickly.
I do that. I don't leave anything in quick resume since things load up so quickly.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Nerd. .
I never leave things in quick resume either because it always seems to just restart every time I go back to it.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account