× 1 (2.86%) San Jose Sharks

× 2 (5.71%) Chicago Blackhawks

× 1 (2.86%) Nashville Predators

× 0 (0%) Philadelphia Flyers

× 1 (2.86%) Minnesota Wild

× 3 (8.57%) New York Islanders

• Added 04-18-2016 02:39 AM
  • 35 votes
Congrats to the Sharks for knocking off LA.

LETS GO PENS! What a way to close out a series.
This is good for everyone. A rested Caps team is dangerous. We all want to see this series go 7 games.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Probably better if they take the Caps to 7 games then...
Eric, your Stars just about lost that game the other day.. winning 4-0.. then in the 3rd period they came back with 4 points and the final was 5-4..... if it was not for the Goalie for Minnesota, i am not sure that Dallas would have held them off in OT
Eric, your Stars just about lost that game the other day.. winning 4-0.. then in the 3rd period they came back with 4 points and the final was 5-4..... if it was not for the Goalie for Minnesota, i am not sure that Dallas would have held them off in OT
Originally Posted by Fullchaingang3
That last shot was REALLY close...
Nice to see St Louis advance, probably saved Hitchcock's job. Call it karma after Keith's stick swinging and Shaw's slurs and hair pulling. All in all was a great series, could have gone either way. Was also nice to see SJ finally beat LA.

Can't see Dallas going far, unless they start playing better defense. They can put up goals, but still can't keep them out of their net. As much as I miss Spezza here, glad Hemsky went with him.

Great game by Tavares the other night, though can't see the Isles going far. Still nice to see them get a series win.

I guess Pitt/Was will be the next series I'm focused on. Been awhile since a good Crosby/Ovi matchup. Still can't see anyone in the east beating the Caps, but Pens are playing a lot better.

Still picking St Louis to take the west. Didn't think Hawks could beat them after stripping the cupboards bare again after their last cup, and don't think anyone else has the team to match them. Too strong at both ends of the ice.
Well, hoping Pens/Caps take it 7 games! If Lightning knock off Islanders and get back a couple more guys and then this...

https://www.nhl.com/news/steven-stam...?tid=280202670

I'm still holding out hope...
Would be nice if they put out the rest of the schedule though...
Would be nice if they put out the rest of the schedule though...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Pretty messed up, don't think I can remember having a game 7 and game 1 of another series on the same night ever before. Usually next round doesn't start until the previous one is completely done.
Pretty messed up, don't think I can remember having a game 7 and game 1 of another series on the same night ever before. Usually next round doesn't start until the previous one is completely done.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
your right,I remember them always talking about how this team had x number of days rest and this team just finished their series. To the best of my memory the next series started after all series were done, and with at least one day off for the team that just finished.
What's interesting is that it doesn't look like they even have the rest of the TB Islanders series scheduled. Only today's game...
Originally Posted by Buckswana
I think it's odd that they scheduled the Ducks/Predators final to end a couple days later than everybody else. Must be conflicts with the venues involved. Of course there's TV coverage days too. There's something in Tampa for Friday and Sunday. So I assume they'll play Wednesday and Saturday.

Oh well... Guess it'll be a warm up before the 10pm game that most people will fall asleep watching?
Schedule is out now... Except for the teams that don't know who their opponent is.

So, if Tampa game goes into OT, do they stay with that game or show the Game 7. They can probably switch regionally or put coverage on another channel, but that really sucks if you are DVRing a game and they switch on you...
, but that really sucks if you are DVRing a game and they switch on you...
Ive had to do this before, its pretty hard to make it through an evening and not hear what happened but i have done so, if I got to the end of game and it wasnt there someone would have to die.
3 goals in 3 minutes... nice...
Just like me in Rocket League's hockey mode
So, if Tampa game goes into OT, do they stay with that game or show the Game 7. They can probably switch regionally or put coverage on another channel, but that really sucks if you are DVRing a game and they switch on you...
Depends on the provider and market. Local markets will almost always follow local team. So, if Game A ends after Game B starts, Market A will stay with Game A and Market B will switch to Game B.

Otherwise, most providers and distributors have agreements that the first game will air to completion and the second game will be joined in progress (JIP'd)
Depends on the provider and market. Local markets will almost always follow local team. So, if Game A ends after Game B starts, Market A will stay with Game A and Market B will switch to Game B.

Otherwise, most providers and distributors have agreements that the first game will air to completion and the second game will be joined in progress (JIP'd)
Originally Posted by futiles
Yup, ever since the Heidi bowl. Up here it's broadcast on Sportsnet/CBC, so there's 5-6 nationwide channels available for them to show games on and they never get any overlap.
I have a feeling this Stars and Blues series will be very close. Seems like it could go the full 7 games. Capitals and Penguins might be a sneaky good series too.
I have a feeling this Stars and Blues series will be very close. Seems like it could go the full 7 games. Capitals and Penguins might be a sneaky good series too.
Originally Posted by GTN Eric
I couldn't agree more. The Caps look great so far, with only a few mishaps. Still early though, and we could see some Cinderella team take it all.
Are they going to suspend that Pens player? Being a Lightning fan, I'm not too sympathetic to teams losing a couple players...

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account