× 1 (2.86%) San Jose Sharks

× 2 (5.71%) Chicago Blackhawks

× 1 (2.86%) Nashville Predators

× 0 (0%) Philadelphia Flyers

× 1 (2.86%) Minnesota Wild

× 3 (8.57%) New York Islanders

• Added 04-18-2016 02:39 AM
  • 35 votes
Are they going to suspend that Pens player? Being a Lightning fan, I'm not too sympathetic to teams losing a couple players...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Letang has a meeting with NHLPS today. Chances are he will sit a game. Personally I don't have a problem with that. The hit was not late, but close. The hit encompassed more than a body shot since Letang's shoulder caught face/head. There could also be an argument made that he left his skates.

Yup. Letang suspended one game. Fair. Also, I could watch these Player Safety videos all day.

https://www.nhl.com/video/kris-letan...360/c-43830303
Last edited 05-03-2016 at 07:53 PM by Dacoto.
would of love to see my new york ranger boys do it but they blew it first round this year smh.
This Stars Blues series is getting ugly. I love it.
Sweet win by the Lightning... Can't believe New York is complaining about hits after the hits they put out...
Woo hoo, Lightning are in the next round... So are you Pens fans going to come to Florida to watch games?
Woo hoo, Lightning are in the next round... So are you Pens fans going to come to Florida to watch games?
I wouldn't write off the Caps just yet. They win the next one, and it's a toss up. They also get Orpik back from suspension next game.
I wouldn't write off the Caps just yet. They win the next one, and it's a toss up. They also get Orpik back from suspension next game.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
Yeah, it seems pretty evenly matched, if Caps hadn't blew game 4. I just wanted to see if any Pens fan was confident enough to say they were in for sure... They definitely don't want to go back to DC to play game 7...

For the Lightning based on regular season, it would seem Pens are better matchup for them. But really you take what you get. Another long layoff for the Lightning...
I missed game 5 due to a Pink Floyd tribute band laser symphony concert. I did check scores between sets. It seems I made the right choice. Hopefully the Pens can wrap it up Tuesday night. I don't want to see A) A game 7, although we did beat the Caps in 7 games last time we played, and B) Another game 7 in Washington.

I doubly don't want to see them lose this series. That would mean back to back loses after going up 3-1 in a series. Either way, whomever wins this series will win the East.
I missed game 5 due to a Pink Floyd tribute band laser symphony concert. I did check scores between sets. It seems I made the right choice. Hopefully the Pens can wrap it up Tuesday night. I don't want to see A) A game 7, although we did beat the Caps in 7 games last time we played, and B) Another game 7 in Washington.

I doubly don't want to see them lose this series. That would mean back to back loses after going up 3-1 in a series. Either way, whomever wins this series will win the East.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
You can't even predict who will win this series...
You can't even predict who will win this series...
I stand by my previous statement.
I stand by my previous statement.
I think the Caps had a better chance of beating Lightning.. Crosby hasn't done jack and your goalie is green... And you moved to Alabama... Now if Buckswana comes in and says I'm all wrong, I'll believe him. I sure hope the Pens come in thinking they're in for a cake walk.
I think the Caps had a better chance of beating Lightning.. Crosby hasn't done jack and your goalie is green... And you moved to Alabama... Now if Buckswana comes in and says I'm all wrong, I'll believe him. I sure hope the Pens come in thinking they're in for a cake walk.
The Pens have a league leading 3.36 goals per game average. Crosby has 3G and 7A over 11 games and is tied for second in points on the team. Our goalie just out-played a Vezina finalist, and is only just barely behind Bishop in stats this season. Relevance. Fair point about Canadian input. I doubt they will think that since you just won a series sweep.

We shall see Friday how game one goes.
We shall see Friday how game one goes.
I'm ready, all of this waiting for games, been almost a week.

Curious to see if Stralman makes it into the lineup Friday, I think Bolts have been playing coy with the injury report since they didn't need these guys. Good to see J.T. Brown back too...

Now if only Stamkos makes an appearance, although that might do more to screw up some of the chemistry...

Two more days...
Is the guy from Tampa shit talking the guy from Birmingham over hockey legitimacy?
Oh Ben Bishop...
Yeah that sucks. It looks really bad. I haven't seen any updates on his condition. From the way he was grabbing things, it's either a hammy or one of his CL's in his left knee. Which, losing Bishop shouldn't matter too much if that scrub ass team show up again in Pens gear. I don't know what we put on the ice, but that was the absolute worse game I've seen this whole playoff series.
Definitely his knee, I did almost exactly the same thing once and they told me I was lucky I didn't blow up my ACL. Still took a long time to get better, and the truma caused a huge cyst that needed major surgery. Nasty. Too bad, doesn't matter how good he his if he always gets hurt when you need him in the playoffs. What is it, 2 or 3 years in a row now? I always questioned his skating, even though he's big and a good puck handler, he just seems to trip himself up a lot. Hopefully it's not anything major, but based on how he was writhing around on the ice I'd be surprised to see him back this round, if at all.

I figured Pitt would have trouble with TB's team speed. Caps weren't as quick, and were more built for Blues style hockey. TB's backup goalie has to get better at staying big with traffic though or he could really get lit up. Looks like it could be pretty dirty/vicious series if first game means anything. Wouldn't be surprised if Cally gets a game for that hit on Letang either.
Definitely his knee, I did almost exactly the same thing once and they told me I was lucky I didn't blow up my ACL. Still took a long time to get better, and the truma caused a huge cyst that needed major surgery. Nasty. Too bad, doesn't matter how good he his if he always gets hurt when you need him in the playoffs. What is it, 2 or 3 years in a row now? I always questioned his skating, even though he's big and a good puck handler, he just seems to trip himself up a lot. Hopefully it's not anything major, but based on how he was writhing around on the ice I'd be surprised to see him back this round, if at all.

I figured Pitt would have trouble with TB's team speed. Caps weren't as quick, and were more built for Blues style hockey. TB's backup goalie has to get better at staying big with traffic though or he could really get lit up. Looks like it could be pretty dirty/vicious series if first game means anything. Wouldn't be surprised if Cally gets a game for that hit on Letang either.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
Good point about Bishop... Not sure if Lightning wins cup last year if he's not injured, they didn't have a chance the year before. Odd are he's going to be traded this or next year. It'll make it easier when he goes, at least we have a competent backup.

Latest report is Bishop is day to day, so hopefully back in a couple games. A guy that can play through a groin pull has my respect.

Cally not suspended, I'd rather not see any more bad hits on either side, I don't feel like that's the Lightning's game, but after playing the Islanders and Red Wings, I think they got in the habit of throwing out a lot of hits.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account