× 1 (2.86%) San Jose Sharks

× 2 (5.71%) Chicago Blackhawks

× 1 (2.86%) Nashville Predators

× 0 (0%) Philadelphia Flyers

× 1 (2.86%) Minnesota Wild

× 3 (8.57%) New York Islanders

• Added 04-18-2016 02:39 AM
  • 35 votes
I didn't think the hit was as bad as it first looked in terms of the contact - he hits the head, but got in front, used his shoulder, and was centered on Rust's body. Rust's body position leaning over was a big factor. But it was pretty late. Late enough that I thought he'd get at least one, especially with Rust not playing the rest of the game.
I didn't think the hit was as bad as it first looked in terms of the contact - he hits the head, but got in front, used his shoulder, and was centered on Rust's body. Rust's body position leaning over was a big factor. But it was pretty late. Late enough that I thought he'd get at least one, especially with Rust not playing the rest of the game.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
Yeah, that coupled with the whole upward/leaving the ice of Marly's movements could have warranted it. But SCF, so no dice. It wasn't a blatant infraction. And he got called for it.
I missed game 5 due to a Pink Floyd tribute band laser symphony concert. I did check scores between sets. It seems I made the right choice. Hopefully the Pens can wrap it up Tuesday night. I don't want to see A) A game 7, although we did beat the Caps in 7 games last time we played, and B) Another game 7 in Washington.

I doubly don't want to see them lose this series. That would mean back to back loses after going up 3-1 in a series. Either way, whomever wins this series will win the East.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Relevant:

Relevant:
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Congrats... Your prediction is only causally related with that picture. It would have been relevant if you had posted a couple weeks ago when they won the East.
Kudos to the Pens, definitely deserved it and were the better team. Crosby was my pick for Conn Smythe too (just ahead of Kessel), but if it had gone 7 I would have said Jones, win or lose. He was the only reason it was close at all, much less went 6 games. Pittsburgh's forecheck was too good, too fast, and SJ had trouble putting more than 2 passes together for the entire series.
Congrats... Your prediction is only causally related with that picture. It would have been relevant if you had posted a couple weeks ago when they won the East.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
True. I should have expanded my original prediction to mean the cup, but hey. Was a good series.

Kudos to the Pens, definitely deserved it and were the better team. Crosby was my pick for Conn Smythe too (just ahead of Kessel), but if it had gone 7 I would have said Jones, win or lose. He was the only reason it was close at all, much less went 6 games. Pittsburgh's forecheck was too good, too fast, and SJ had trouble putting more than 2 passes together for the entire series.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
Yeah. I would have liked to see Kessel get it, as there are more hard stats to back it up. But the argument for Crosby is equally good. Weighted on more of the intangibles. I'd also have to agree with you about Jones if it went to 7, barring any sort of superhuman performance by someone else. Now to enjoy it for a day or three, unless some butt-hurt Toronto media stuff shows up. God I love that Kessel got a cup his first year out of Toronto. I might just survive on that all week.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account