Xbox Live giving $10 Gift Card 5x5 Codes away for Black Friday sale

Deals & Discounts

Found 9 posts - Go to Last Post

If you were considering getting a game or DLC for yourself during the Black Friday sale, but were hesitating spending money on yourself because it's "almost" Christmas, well, I have some good news for you; check your Xbox Live messages as you may have a message from Xbox Live with a Five by Five code to redeem for $10. Codes have to be redeemed by 31 Dec 2019 and spend within 90 days of redemption.
I assumed it was because I was a gold subscriber.
I didn't see a code either. I did receive a message about points being directly deposited into your account which prompts you to redeem your rewards points
Here's the message I received (with the code redacted, though it's been used):

"Black Friday discounts start this week! Deals will be available until Cyber Monday on 12/12/19. To celebrate, here's a $10 gift card you can use toward your next purchase: /5x5 code\ Redeem on Xbox One or Xbox.com/redeemcode by 12/31/2019 and spend within 90 days of redemption. See full terms at Microsoft.com/cardterms. Select [Launch app] to check out the sale."
I also have Gold. I did get this message from Xbox:

Hey Gold members! Free Play Days is here. Borderlands 3, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, and Prison Architect [all ESRB: M] are now available for you to try out this weekend only as part of your Gold membership. Don't miss out!
I'm guessing there is a minimum spend threshold or something. They've done stuff like that before, sending out codes to some formula picked subset of the population.
That could be. Of course, the only money I've spent on Xbox for a while is that I just renewed my gold. I can't remember the last time I bought anything else lol.
Hard to pin down then, cause this year I bought 2x 3 month codes and then a 1 Yr code for Live. I have also bought some 360 arcade titles thru the year.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account