EA Subscription Service Coming to Xbox ONE

Xbox One / Series X|S

Few new questions, Futiles (aside from the multi-console thing)

1. Since those games are downloaded outside of the hub, I presume that's just giving me a path to 'buy' the game. So if I go there now, get the games out of the HUB, then cancel my sub, do I still 'own' those HUB games? Or am I just renting them?
2. Related to #1, if you download a game via hub, what does the XBox Marketplace say if you try and go to Madden? I'm hoping it says "launch" because you already own it.
3. Did you see any way, that you could make it NOT auto-renew your subscription?
Few new questions, Futiles (aside from the multi-console thing)

1. Since those games are downloaded outside of the hub, I presume that's just giving me a path to 'buy' the game. So if I go there now, get the games out of the HUB, then cancel my sub, do I still 'own' those HUB games? Or am I just renting them?
2. Related to #1, if you download a game via hub, what does the XBox Marketplace say if you try and go to Madden? I'm hoping it says "launch" because you already own it.
3. Did you see any way, that you could make it NOT auto-renew your subscription?
Originally Posted by Kaens
1. As far as the press release says, you lose your license when your EA Access sub ends (Think PSN+ setup). (I will not be able to verify until July 29, 2015)

2. From my console, I go to marketplace, search for Madden 25, go to game details, and it says launch. However, it is a new version of the DRM, as on Xbox.com, it shows the game as purchasable (any other digital copies I have before say "already purchased on [date]"), but at the EA Access 10% off price.

3. Don't use a credit card, wait for Gamestop to have EA Access codes, buy one and use the "Use Code" option in the hub.
Got this through the preview program i am quite tempted....
The only problem I see with this is, you pay them $30 extra a year and then they start shutting down servers, so basically your going to end up paying for games that you can't even get achievements in. That's even to say they will offer older "years" to the sports titles? Nope I won't do this, I'll continue to wait 3-5 years and buy them used for $3 in the bargain bin.
The only problem I see with this is, you pay them $30 extra a year and then they start shutting down servers, so basically your going to end up paying for games that you can't even get achievements in. That's even to say they will offer older "years" to the sports titles? Nope I won't do this, I'll continue to wait 3-5 years and buy them used for $3 in the bargain bin.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
No one has their own servers on Xbox One. Xbox Live is a unified cloud on Xbox One. I am pretty sure somewhere Microsoft guaranteed no closed servers on the One.
EA kills its used games market and makes a killing on sports fans :-(
Electronic Arts is rolling out its EA Access program in more countries, and continuing to add titles to the available selection.

The firm also announced EA Access trials for NHL 15 and FIFA 15 will be going live this month, which means you will get six hours to play ...

http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/1...rly-access.htm
Originally Posted by QuiCkz Ninja
EA doesn't HAVE a used games market, Gamestop does. They get NOTHING from that. I paid the $30 for the full year, to me it's totally worth it. I'm using it as my EA sports games rental service. That's only $2.50 a month, which is how much I pay a NIGHT if I get it from Redbox. It's a great deal, and it's only going to get better. If there were actually EA games you want to buy, or DLC packs, the 10% discount could have this paying for itself with only 5 retail games.
The "used games market" can eat a...

Well, you get the point.

Oh, and F Gamestop.
No one has their own servers on Xbox One. Xbox Live is a unified cloud on Xbox One. I am pretty sure somewhere Microsoft guaranteed no closed servers on the One.
Originally Posted by futiles
I would like to see where they stated that. That would be big news would it not?
But the big questions will they turn servers off to the aging games? If say they leave a server dedicated to older years then I'd buy into this to get some of those unobtainable achievements, but if they simply shut them down, then I'm back to hating EA..
But the big questions will they turn servers off to the aging games? If say they leave a server dedicated to older years then I'd buy into this to get some of those unobtainable achievements, but if they simply shut them down, then I'm back to hating EA..
You might have missed this the last time you brought this up....

Originally Posted by futiles

....and with unlimited access to the vault games, why are you planning to wait 3-4 years before starting a yearly sports franchise? The people that don't understand server closures don't understand how capitalism is supposed to work.

Also, the attainability or lack there of of an achievement should not prevent you from playing a game you might enjoy. The people that don't understand that don't understand the true value of e-penises.
You might have missed this the last time you brought this up....

....and with unlimited access to the vault games, why are you planning to wait 3-4 years before starting a yearly sports franchise? The people that don't understand server closures don't understand how capitalism is supposed to work.

Also, the attainability or lack there of of an achievement should not prevent you from playing a game you might enjoy. The people that don't understand that don't understand the true value of e-penises.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Though I so love your colorful commentary, I was reiterating a point. Since no one can find a source as to this Xbox has exclusive control over all the servers issues and as for e penises I don't care about that, whatever that may entail, if your referring to gamerscore I do boost but not for the glory of having a larger gamerscore than the next guy, its more of an addiction or even borderline OCD, I'm not really sure. As for playing a game for the fun of it I do, that's why you don't see a lot of sports games on my tag. The sports games you do see on my tag are mainly for games played purposes, which I do for fun competition and perhaps if the servers are still up to help people out. I also happen to be a collector so you have to factor in that I will play anything I buy, if not just to see what may have been changed and maybe to see if i would actually play it. I'm not above wanting to play a sports game, they just frustrate me so. Also EA is not exclusive to sports games. If we want to get into the esthetics' of MS keeping servers up then I like to call in the original Xbox motto and promise made of being able to play any game, any time, with anyone.
And as for capitalism I understand that too, I understand we all have a right to find a better deal and MS also understood it when they realized how much money they were going to stand to loose on the used playability market. Though they may not make money on a used game they do make money on a gamer who will buy a new system which is capable of playing used games, that gamer who may have a limited budget and will buy 3 or 4 used games before buying a single brand new game. I have no problems with EA trying to turn a buck and ultimately I don't think they will care one way or another if one person doesn't want their service. After all its only my opinion.
You can spend your time in FIFA 15 and NHL 15 however you like. If you decide to buy either of them, your Achievements and progress will carry over, and you’ll save 10% with your membership.

BUT only six hours with each game :-(
NHL 15 is available now, on download
You can spend your time in FIFA 15 and NHL 15 however you like. If you decide to buy either of them, your Achievements and progress will carry over, and you’ll save 10% with your membership.

BUT only six hours with each game :-(
But this is just for the Beta right? You actually get unlimited time for the real program?
But this is just for the Beta right? You actually get unlimited time for the real program?
No, full game

What will the pre-release trials include? Will my progress carry over?

Each game is different, so each game’s trial will be, too. In some titles you’ll be able to play one of the game's modes for a limited time, while other times you can jump right into the full game. And since you’ll always be playing the real game, any progress you make will carry over so you can pick up where you left off on launch day.

What is the difference between a demo and an EA Access trial?

Demos are stand-alone chunks of the game meant to give you a taste, but they don’t provide the full experience. When you play a trial through EA Access, you are playing the real game for a limited time, five days before the release date. And if you buy the game once it releases, you don’t need to download or install anything; you can just pick up where you left off and keep playing.

http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/faq.html
The program, EA Access is in BETA, but, you have full use of it. Anything in the vault (Peggle 2, Battlefield 4, FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25) you have full access, unlimited usage, anytime. Many other EA games, you get early, trial access to use. Many are a week early, and a timed, 6 hours of play, use of the full game - all online features, all offline features, achievements unlock, story progress saves, etc, and if you decide to buy the full game (digital or physical or later through the vault program) you start exactly where you left off. As long as you have an active EA Access account, anyone on your HOME Xbox One may use any of your vault games, and you may use your vault games on any console on which you are playing.

For server closures, let's see this Oct 16, 2013 article: http://www.destructoid.com/xbox-one-...s-263667.phtml
Microsoft director of product planning, Albert Penello, confirmed that multiplayer Xbox One games would have dedicated servers. Twitter user @PontifusRex asked Penello "Can you confirm if the free Xbox compute resources includes dedicated servers for all Xbox One games?"

Penello replied with a simple "yes."

This is something we all hope for, and now will definitely benefit from. It's nice to have confirmation, too.

It's strange that this great news comes out like this, in a Twitter response. We agree with Game Informer that Microsoft should have been boasting about this stuff right out of the gate.
Or this one: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mic.../1100-6415607/
(That isn't to say some company, like EA won't figure out a way to completely F it up, but hey...)

Then, considering the price, $30/year ($2.50/month), even just using it for one, single, yearly-entry title would be a savings.
I would like to see where they stated that. That would be big news would it not?
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
See my above reply, but to answer your question, no, it would not be big news, it would not be news at all.

20Million Xbox Live Gamertags
200Thousand True Achievements Accounts (including dupes and alts)

Our group of "hardcore gamers" is 1% of their subscribers. Even if every, single one of us is a ridiculous collector with 12 consoles (we aren't), then we still would only be 10%. So, no, it would barely be a footnote.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account