What do you collect?

General Chat

Found 15 posts - Go to Last Post

Featured Poll

What do you collect

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 9 (30.00%) Nothing, I'm just here for the poll!

× 13 (43.33%) Video games, duh!

× 3 (10.00%) Tabletop games

× 1 (3.33%) Postage Stamps

× 6 (20.00%) Books

× 0 (0%) Postcards

× 2 (6.67%) Shot glasses

× 3 (10.00%) Toys

× 2 (6.67%) Sports memorabilia

× 5 (16.67%) Trading cards

× 7 (23.33%) Movies

× 3 (10.00%) Other (mention in the comments)

• Added 09-01-2022 02:15 PM
  • 30 votes
  • Multiple choice enabled
While not everyone does, many people like to collect something. As gamers, likely video games will be on this list (though not necessarily). What, if anything, do you like to collect?
I collect a variety of things representing my nerdy ways for display in my Game Room.

Lego Sets, Lightsabers, Power Rangers items, other assorted collectibles.
Use to collect knifes n lighters till i had a house fire 2 years and lost everything now i collect movies atm over 4,000 n counting.
I have a nice collection of strategy board games (Rio Grande type stuff) and also Fighting Fantasy books. I have the complete collection of gamebooks almost three times over in various editions.
Last edited 09-16-2022 at 06:50 AM by C64 Mat.
I have a bunch of video games but I never really thought of myself as collecting them. I do collect a few different things though. Ive built a decent autographed sports card and memorabilia collection these last 2.5 years. I mail them to players. Pokemon cards, only better ones though like holos, reverse holos, ex, gx, v, vmax, secret, rainbow, and ultra rares, first editions, shadowless, error cards, anything from the sets in the early '2000s, ones like that. I collect star notes (misprinted bills that have a star next to the 8 digit seial number) which you as actually don't find too often. In the 5 years ive been collecting them think i have 8x $1 bills, 1x $5, 1x $10, and 2x $20. Collect some coins. Some action figures and some funkos if i really like them. Knives as well.
I had a huge graphic novel collection but ended up trading most of it to a local 2nd hand book store that sells allmthat type of stuff and a lot of gaming shit for store credit so I ould buy a couple xboxes some controllers and a bunch of games lol.
I have an ok collection of shot glasses, I don't keep up with it though. I used to try to get one from every city I went to. But then some cities were too small so I ended up with state and/or individual attraction glasses, then people started gifting me shot glasses from places they went. At a point it had just drifted too wide and I kinda lost interest in it. Still have around 50 shot glasses sitting around from it though.
Nothing, I'm just here for the poll!
Originally Posted by QuiCkz Ninja
Well, that is clearly not true as you're obviously also here to pad your post count. Wink
If you were here just for the poll, you would have only voted in the poll, not made a post telling us all you're "just here for the poll" and done so on another active poll. Wink
I collect WW 2 medals, award documents, WW 2 action figures plus anything else that might catch my eye lol. Can be expensive at times but definitely worthwhile.
Matryoshkas are pretty much the only thing I truly "collect" - I have some Pops, but really limit to specific things I like. I have a decent amount of Captain America and Fallout stuff. But, my matryoshkas are pretty wide ranging.

Some hand made local
Some machine made
Some from Russia (via a shop in Alaska)
Some traditional
Some very non-traditional
2 sets of Avengers ones (one hand made, one mass produced)
One set featuring women in hijabs
A Critical Role set based on the animals
A set shaped like cones that are painted like gnomes...
I like to collect Digital Beta/Alpha versions / Rare DLCs on Steam, unfortunately it is harder and less engaging to do on xbox, because xbox does not show your owned games publically like steam. And there are less tests on console.
This might be a weird thing, but one of the things that I like to collect are old VHS tapes. And I'm not talking about the ones that you would see from a video store, I'm talking about the ones that you would see taped off of TV. I just like looking at all the stuff that's on those tapes, whether it would be the commercials, old promos, or old local news segments from 15, 20, or 25 years ago! It's a time capsule that shows what life was like back then and how things have definitely changed!
This might be a weird thing, but one of the things that I like to collect are old VHS tapes. And I'm not talking about the ones that you would see from a video store, I'm talking about the ones that you would see taped off of TV. I just like looking at all the stuff that's on those tapes, whether it would be the commercials, old promos, or old local news segments from 15, 20, or 25 years ago! It's a time capsule that shows what life was like back then and how things have definitely changed!
Originally Posted by thesuperbob49
I have a few boxes filled of those, before the connivence of the digital format. I taped tons of shows I enjoyed and wanted to watch when I was off doing other stuff. All the movie trailers are great too. As far as a time capsule goes you are right, I should have days worth of CNN footage when 9/11 happened.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account