best rally games?

Gaming Chat

Found 8 posts - Go to Last Post

im looking for an immersive rally experience, preferably a WRC game. i only have one rally game for XB1, that being WRC8 but im looking for more. could anyone give me suggestions?
I'm not sure if I would be a good source of advice since I've only played a couple of games in the Dirt series, but WRC 5-10 and WRC Generations are available on XB1. I have heard that Dirt: Rally and its sequel are somewhat more challenging and in-depth than the main games.
WRC 10 is fantastic on the Series X.

Although slightly blurrier looking because of the resolution, Dirt Rally 2 is the pinnacle as far as I'm concerned. It's really great - but you have to have the "complete" version to get the most out of it - almost double the countries compared to the base game.

The track design in WRC 9 and 10 is phenomenal, but Dirt Rally 2 is the better overall realistic game, mainly because of the immersion. The co-driver especially, it's so natural - they actually recorded him three separate times for each special stage, going at different speeds in the articulated simulator on the game's actual tracks, so depending on your speed and driving style, he'll change his delivery from calmer to more frantic.

But you can't go wrong with either game, really!
I'm not sure if I would be a good source of advice since I've only played a couple of games in the Dirt series, but WRC 5-10 and WRC Generations are available on XB1. I have heard that Dirt: Rally and its sequel are somewhat more challenging and in-depth than the main games.
Originally Posted by Dvader83
yeah i played Dirt Rally a little while it was on gamepass. it was okay but i experienced a lot of freezing, so it made it nearly unplayable at times. but thank you!
WRC 10 is fantastic on the Series X.

Although slightly blurrier looking because of the resolution, Dirt Rally 2 is the pinnacle as far as I'm concerned. It's really great - but you have to have the "complete" version to get the most out of it - almost double the countries compared to the base game.

The track design in WRC 9 and 10 is phenomenal, but Dirt Rally 2 is the better overall realistic game, mainly because of the immersion. The co-driver especially, it's so natural - they actually recorded him three separate times for each special stage, going at different speeds in the articulated simulator on the game's actual tracks, so depending on your speed and driving style, he'll change his delivery from calmer to more frantic.

But you can't go wrong with either game, really!
Originally Posted by C64 Mat

i'm looking to get a Series X soon so if possible i'll look into those games! WRC10 was on my wishlist for a good while, and it's on sale apparently lol
i'm looking to get a Series X soon so if possible i'll look into those games! WRC10 was on my wishlist for a good while, and it's on sale apparently lol
Originally Posted by Dawneslayer
Be aware that the Xbox One and S|X versions of WRC10 are separate games - it's not available on Smart Delivery.

I've played rallying games since the first Colin McRae on the PS1, and every Codemasters / WRC game since - in fact, up to and including 10, NACON sent me them for free oO
Be aware that the Xbox One and S|X versions of WRC10 are separate games - it's not available on Smart Delivery.

I've played rallying games since the first Colin McRae on the PS1, and every Codemasters / WRC game since - in fact, up to and including 10, NACON sent me them for free oO
Originally Posted by C64 Mat
yeah ik. is the Series S/X version really that much better?

i haven't been playing rally games for as long, i think my first one was the original Dirt buuuuut i was a lot younger so it didn't really interest me haha

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account