Ever Get in a Gaming Slump?

Gaming Chat

Found 40 posts - Go to Last Post

Have you ever been in a gaming slump?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 36 (53.73%) Every blue moon.

× 16 (23.88%) All the time.

× 5 (7.46%) Slump? Are you mad. GAME ON!

× 10 (14.93%) Hey look, it's a poll.

• Added 12-01-2016 12:23 PM
  • 67 votes
I'm sure everyone does get in slump every now and then. I'm currently in one where I'm just not in the mood to play. So I've decided to catch up on the Dragonball Super anime. Figured once I get caught up on that, I'd dive back into playing again.

What do or have you done to get out of a gaming slump?
I just usually harass Kaens and then he gets going and then I get going too...

I am trying to get back to some stuff I put off of games I really like. I didn't really get anything that really caught me this Fall.
I do from time to time. I get the girl version of looking in a closet full of clothes, some never worn, and think "I have nothing to wear". I'll look at the list of games and just not be in the mood to play them. Usually it's when I want to play a type of game I don't usually buy, like racing games or something. It usually doesn't last long. There is always something new coming out that surprises me and gets me interested to play. Stardew Valley was one that kinda kicked me out of a slump. And now I'm super excited I'll get achievements for that game coming up soon.
I play Pinball FX and crush you peoples' scores. That's my fix. Competitive pinball does wonders for fixing my slumps. It's mostly relaxing. There's no grinding or achievement hunting. Just playing for the pure pleasure of sending someone a message I owned them on another table.

Bonus note, there's the Bethesda pack launching next week with Fallout, Skyrim, and Doom tables. Super hyped for it.
Yes, that's why I disappear for months (or years) at a time.
I have to admit I do have mini random moments like I just have no urge to game or I can't focus on a game. Hence why some days I only unlock like one achievement Big Grin
So far I've never been in a gaming slump. I do admit that I don't have a lot of personal time like I used to (no more all night gaming marathons) but I try to squeeze in at least a minimum of 1 hour every night. Anything more than that is gravy. Plus I have a bunch of games that I haven't even opened yet.
So far I've never been in a gaming slump. I do admit that I don't have a lot of personal time like I used to (no more all night gaming marathons) but I try to squeeze in at least a minimum of 1 hour every night. Anything more than that is gravy. Plus I have a bunch of games that I haven't even opened yet.
Originally Posted by Steiermark
Of all the post I think I closely resemble, relate to this one, but it seems like lately I just can't find the time to game...pissing me off really..
I once got out of a slump by challenging some guy to hit 50k before I could hit 100k total gamerscore.
No slumps here. Gamerscore competitions means I cant afford to get in a slump lol.
A gaming slump in general? No, not really.

I just move from one type of gaming to another.
This is a great question, and yes I have. It feels like I used to play for fun spending hours in Fallout or Elder Scrolls wandering but now I seem to be doing mostly achievement hunting. Maybe it's just me getting older but it seems like there was more hours to play games and watch movies/ shows now it's either play or watch and then the days over.

Being able to set goals is great (would also be great addition here) to get me out of a slump and play the 100's of games I haven't started yet, damn those cheap used games.
With my longer work hours, I game maybe one or two days out of the week for maybe a few hours. I mostly watch streaming video during the work week and spend most of my weekend time out with my girlfriend. I just don't spend as much time gaming as I used to.
My playing has drastically dropped off since around Feb of this year.
This is a great question, and yes I have. It feels like I used to play for fun spending hours in Fallout or Elder Scrolls wandering but now I seem to be doing mostly achievement hunting. Maybe it's just me getting older but it seems like there was more hours to play games and watch movies/ shows now it's either play or watch and then the days over.

Being able to set goals is great (would also be great addition here) to get me out of a slump and play the 100's of games I haven't started yet, damn those cheap used games.
Originally Posted by Homeless Messia
I think the achievement hunting is also part of what pulls people into a slump. Letting go and not caring about achievements and just playing the game would probably make playing way more fun. However, wanting to 100% games to get all the achievements puts a grind on games and they aren't making games easy anymore. You literally have to grind to get some achievements when in reality you just want to move on to something else.
I think the achievement hunting is also part of what pulls people into a slump. Letting go and not caring about achievements and just playing the game would probably make playing way more fun. However, wanting to 100% games to get all the achievements puts a grind on games and they aren't making games easy anymore. You literally have to grind to get some achievements when in reality you just want to move on to something else.
Originally Posted by ZeroDesolation
Which is why I am 100% in all my games. When I am done playing it, I have 100% in it, of what I want to get.

Take Open Season, that game was awful, and I have 260/260 gamerscore in it for 100% completion.
A gaming slump in general? No, not really.

I just move from one type of gaming to another.
Originally Posted by futiles
^^ This. This is why I have a regular tabletop meetup twice a week. One for the public gaming at a local store, the other a private group at a house for a more relaxed setting.
I play Pinball FX and crush you peoples' scores. That's my fix. Competitive pinball does wonders for fixing my slumps. It's mostly relaxing. There's no grinding or achievement hunting. Just playing for the pure pleasure of sending someone a message I owned them on another table.

Bonus note, there's the Bethesda pack launching next week with Fallout, Skyrim, and Doom tables. Super hyped for it.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
That does remind me, I need to go back and try for a couple of those achievements that I did in Marvel Collection 1 but not in the main game.
I just usually harass Kaens and then he gets going and then I get going too...

I am trying to get back to some stuff I put off of games I really like. I didn't really get anything that really caught me this Fall.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Yeah after 600k, what's my motivation - Fshguy bugging me.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account