Member of the Month April 2016 (Mephisto4thewin)

Community Interviews

Found 14 posts - Go to Last Post

You do know what day it is right? Yup The day of the month that brings us a new Member of the Month! April 1st.. oh... is it really April Fools Day? Well it's almost over now, it was my April fools joke on our new member, let him sweat a bit...lol..but who is the gamer great enough to debut here at GTN on such day? How about a gamer named after the greatest trickster the world has ever known? Peeked your interest? Well he should this gamer has some pretty awesome accomplishments under his belt and I'm not just talking about the kids! So, I won't delay any more, after all the devils in the details.

Name:
Hello all my name is Daniel. I'm a 34 year old father of three children. Two boys aged 6 and 8. Also a 15 month old daughter

Where do you live?:
I live in a city called Adelaide, which is maybe the 6th or 7th largest in Australia. We have about 1.2 million people AMD to be honest apart from our beaches and wine regions we don't have all that much here of interest to tourists.

What do you do for a living?
I'm a carpenter by trade but lately I have been studying in order to change industries. Not 100% what I want to do long term. You would think by now I'd have it all figured out.

Tell me about your Gamertag?
Mephisto4thewin I used to play alot of a card games when I was younger and one that I was quite good at was called VS system. Within that game was a card called mephisto and if you could use him properly he would instantly win you the game. Even though he was hard to use properly I tried my hardest to get it to work. I have thought about changing it for awhile but I think its stuck now.

When did you start playing?
If you mean gaming I have been since the commodore64. I have nearly owned every console the whole way through except for the newer PlayStations. My more hard core gaming started on the Nintendo64 with my friends when we would have 30 hour gaming contests on F-Zero or Mario kart. I picked up the 360 on launch here in Australia but took maybe 2 years before I actively pursued achievements and haven't looked back since.

What's your play style? Ex: booster? Completionist?
I'm more of a competition gamer. I love going in competitions with a good team. I boost a few games but not really all that much and I'm definitely not a completionist. I'm happy to put any game on my card its all about pure Gamerscore for me.

How often and long do you play?
I would play 4 hours on weeknights and probably double that for weekends. I play with several guys from the UK so we often stay up or get up early to match up when we are online.

What is your current gaming set up like?
Currently I have two 42 inch TVs set up side by side. One for my Xbox One and the other for my three region 360s. I have about 400 games in two bookcases would love to get more if only the missus didn't mind me purchasing them.

Tell me a good gaming story or experience? ex: Epic win/fail, marathon, accomplishment, a time you visited a game convention or met someone...or anything.
Well last year was a great year for me and gaming. Firstly I came third in the leapfrog hosted on TA lasting until day 96 or so. During that contest I also won a monthly contest on here twice in a row. Then in December my team won the GTASC which is also hosted on TA. That was a year long scoring competiton and got quite competitive by the end of the year with some crazy scores in the final weeks.

Do you have a special shout out to anyone in particular in the gaming community?
Firstly to my current GTASC team (ROGUE 1992, MADeyePadEYE and RedmptionDenied) hopefully we can go back to back but everyone is gunning for us. Also to the guys I play with regularly Jimzy26, DAZTK, Razza69. They are great guys always up for a friendly chat. Also to the staff here for hosting a great site and you too B8TINGU for doing these interviews.

What's your favorite game genre?
I have a few but my favourite is either simulation or shooters. I love being in control of cities and managing all aspects of it. Plus shooters often allow me to co-op with my friends so that's why I like them. Not many people would list simulation as their favourite genre I'm guessing.

What’s your favorite game on 360?ONE?Of all time (any system)My favourite on the 360 is Dark Souls and Tropico 5.
On the One it's probably Destiny. Of all time I would have to say Final Fantasy 7. I remember being completely blown away playing it and maybe I have my retro goggles on but no other story game has moved me quite the same way since.

What is your worst game and Why?
Disclaimer here I promise I'm not being racist. My worst game is BCFx: The Doug Williams Edition. I quite like American football games but in this one your players can barely catch the ball not to mention graphically its completely horrible. I would rather play a story game that has a bad story rather than a sports game that doesn't work.

If you were a Video Game or game character who and why?
Tough question I can see the perks of being Duke Nukem though so maybe him. In a more serious note Commander Shepherd from Mass Effect would be good. He saves the entire universe can't get more cooler than that.

Are you looking forward to any new releases?
Yes I'm looking forward to a few. Dark Souls III for sure, also the full release of Ark Survival Evolved, Destiny 2 as well. Can I put Half Life 3 and Timesplitters 5 here?

Do you collect or not so much?
I used to collect a heap and would love to collect more but life doesn't always allow that. Hard decision selling some of the collection in order to get everything new that comes out. Or having to be more selective. With the children getting into gaming more and more I think we will collect more and more.

What else do you do besides gaming?
I enjoy going to watch live sport with the mates and knocking a few brews back. Also don't mind playing some poker. Of course playing with the children too, but my eldest two play games now so we generally play alot together rather than your standard kids stuff.

What's your favorite feature on GTN?
A bit cliché as everyone says it, but I like the badges system. It's different from anything the other sites offer. I have gone through my locked badges several times to see what I can unlock the quickest.

What would you tell people about GTN if you were trying to get them to join?
I would tell them about the friendly members of the site and the badges system. I'm not hugely active in the forums but I barely know anyone so I'm in my shell a little bit. Everyone seems friendly enough though.

Is there anything you would like added to the site?
Being as competitive as I am, I would like to see more gaming competitions. Obviously Gamerscore is my focus but I think I would try in any form of competition people ran. Also a heap more badges cant hurt right?
Good read. The Nintendo 64 made me love games especially with friends too.
At least one of your 360 games was from the right series...
Hello all my name is Daniel. I'm a 34 year old father of three children. Two boys aged 6 and 8. Also a 15 month old daughter.
Originally Posted by Mephisto4thewin
So you had two kids, then they got to be school ages and your wife really wanted a girl so you tried one more time and got lucky? That's how I read that sentence.

Btw, don't change your gamertag, ever. Only your closest friends will know who you are if you do.
Kaens you are 100% correct. We (the wife) planned our third child in time with the boys going to school. We (again the wife) really wanted a girl and did get lucky thank god. No more though.
Badges4thewin!
Originally Posted by Fshguy
I see what you did there.
Congrats Mephisto! This was a great interview. I always enjoy learning more about the good people here.

And I agree with you on Final Fantasy VII - it's at the top of my all-time games list too. It was absolutely stunning when it came out.
Congrats buddy! Always great to see you involved...great gamer...great person! Keep up the awesome work Meph!

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account