Found 19 posts - Go to Last Post

Eat the cost, I got the game! Eat the cost and try for another game to replace it lat

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 9 (27.27%) Eat the cost, I got the game! Graphics are overrated!

× 19 (57.58%) Eat the cost and try for another game to replace it later?

× 3 (9.09%) Take it back? Perfection or nothing!

× 2 (6.06%) Take it back and try to get the price reduced?

• Added 05-03-2017 02:22 AM
  • 33 votes
As you might know I collect games, so please don't just tell me to not buy these games or go digital, I collect physical copies.

I recently happened on a game Fatal Frame II (Directors Cut) for the Original Xbox, it was intact and look good.. It was $30, a little steep but not bad and considering everywhere else I looked it is either out of stock or 3 times that amount. I can find the vanilla version but even that is a little pricy, but I literally have never seen this version. My problem is.. I'm a collector so I like to have things look nice and this box and the book do look nice, the disc will play and it looks nice too, except when I bought this game it had a store price tag sicker on the disc!! This is usually not too much of problem and this type of sticker was not as bad was others, it came off easy with no residue. Some game I have to be very careful with and use a cleaning solution to take off the sticky of the sticker, its a process at times.

Well with this particular game I guess the disc graphics were a bit dry? I believe the price sticker was holding down the flaw, but a good size of the graphic came off the disc, like the size of a quarter. Normally I would immediately take this back, but this game being so hard to find and at a decent price and the box never gets opened except by me.

What do you think I should do?

bear in mind I only have until this Sunday to take it back.
Keep it.

You just don't know if you'll find a better version for sale or how much it would cost. Plus you say the box and book are in good condition you just need to find a better looking disc, give it time and you may just find one. Good luck.
Keep it, you can probably find a cheap disc only seller in good condition to replace it.
I would keep it. You have to take advantage when you come across a game that is a rare find.
I'm with those that commented before me; keep it. You like most of what you've gotten. You can always be a little shady later if you find a disc in better condition and buy it then return this one in it's place Wink
Agree with the others here, you can always get a second copy, replace it, and then resell what you don't need to offset the cost.
Agree with the others here, you can always get a second copy, replace it, and then resell what you don't need to offset the cost.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
^^^ yup, this is exactly how collectors should handle this. Eventually you'll get a better copy, then pass on (sell) your current copy. To someone else, it will be as good a find as you currently find it.
I appreciate all the thoughts on this, I was leaning more towards taking back, but with it being rare, I think I will keep it. Thanks again everyone! It really does put my mind at ease.

But I'm just wondering, why has no one voted in the pole?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Looks like 18 people have voted in the poll, don't think anyone can vote in a pole.
I appreciate all the thoughts on this, I was leaning more towards taking back, but with it being rare, I think I will keep it. Thanks again everyone! It really does put my mind at ease.

No more badges for me to chase in poll voting.
I would keep it since it is hard to find and then sell it once you get a better copy to replace it with.
I concur with the others that has spoken before me Smile

Up to 29 votes on the POLL!
I don't see:

"Destroy it. Nothing but a perfect copy, and make every other copy that much more valuable."

That is what I do with baseball cards. I find anything less than mint, and throw it in a fire...
Keep it. It's worth it. Eventually you can replace it.
As so many before me have already said: Keep it and when you find a disc that's better sell this one off Smile
I don't see:

"Destroy it. Nothing but a perfect copy, and make every other copy that much more valuable."

That is what I do with baseball cards. I find anything less than mint, and throw it in a fire...
Originally Posted by futiles
Funny you should mention that... I have been known to do that, but only in extreme cases.

And though this has nothing to do with my reply, I did finally notice why I didn't notice the votes....I didn't vote..lol, so it was my stupidity lol.. Good times, yes, good times....
Definitely keep it until you find a better disc and make a profit like i did.

The same happened to me with Marvel VS Capcom 2 for 360, i thought i lost it when i couldn't find it in my storage unit, bought another version for a pretty penny and the disc looked like it was used as a frisbee but i ended up finding my disc while i was looking for my Snatcher Sega CD disc(cause the value went up on the game after Kojima left Konami)

Ended up selling the 2nd copy and scored a profit, was pissed Fatal Frame 3 never hit the Xbox but i have all 5 discs stored together in a box, Damn Nintendo for getting the exclusive rights to the series.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account