Found 31 posts - Go to Last Post

Has anyone ever had any buying experience with Andy Buy? I have never heard of them before and I'm in need of a new controler since the LB button just broke off on a controller that not even a year old. It was the most popular search result on google. A new controller from here is $35, new with free shipping. Almost half the price compared to Best Buy. Seems a little to good to be true, but you can't beat the price.
Last edited 11-19-2016 at 03:41 PM by Obsidian Tides.
File Type: jpg
Looks like the LB button is the one that broke, not the RB.
Looks like the LB button is the one that broke, not the RB.
Originally Posted by Dvader83
Ops, You are correct. Fixed the post.
Has anyone ever had any buying experience with Andy Buy? I have never heard of them before and I'm in need of a new controler since the LB button just broke off on a controller that not even a year old. It was the most popular search result on google. A new controller from here is $35, new with free shipping. Almost half the price compared to Best Buy. Seems a little to good to be true, but you can't beat the price.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
I've never heard of the site, and going to it, they aren't running a ton of scripts, but, nothing about them gives me a warm fuzzy. In their "about us" and "contact us" links, they don't really have any info. Not sure how you even found them, no searches I did brought them up, at all. Hell, even searching for Andy Buy didn't even bring them up. Generic controllers go on sale often enough that I would not use that site.
I get new, authentic MS controllers on eBay for under 40$ every year, just need a sharp eye to avoid knockoffs. I wouldn't chance that site when you have better options at the same price points.
I find that only genuine MS controllers are worth it. The cheap after market ones always have issues. Just pay the few extra bucks for known quality. Lastly, and for darn sake, stop throwing your controllers! Big Grin jk
Well, I did some research, mostly because they are "selling" an Elite Controller for $49. And that pretty much set off red flags in my mind.

Searching for andybuy.com in a search engine yielded 7 results. 1 being the actual site, and 6 being weird, spam researching sites.

So, I looked at who owned andybuy.com, and it is registered via Go Daddy by 3dcart, an online 3rd party ecommerce platform, that sells "eCommerce as a Service" to independent retailers. So, if you want to open a store, you can purchase a virtual store front via 3dcart, and they do everything, you just sell your products. Looking at 3dcart, they offer multiple levels of service from $10/month to $1000/month. Interesting, $10/month is for small retailers (think an individual crafter selling out of their house) and provides for a total catalog of 25 items on your site. Andybuy.com offers... 25 items. 10 games, 9 Xbox accessories, and 6 Playstation accessories. So, andybuy.com is trying to be a gaming accessories discount retailer for $10/month.

OK, so, I looked at traffic history. Andybuy.com has no traffic history. Literally, none. No traffic trending site had anything to show for it. Alexa, which ranks all websites globally, ranked andybuy.com as the 8057527 most popular site. To give perspective, GTN is 932878. And GTN's traffic is down 71% from last year, and is still 7.1 MILLION sites higher ranked.

So, yeah, maybe it is legit, maybe they just have great access to sell some stuff below wholesale. Maybe they are making a slow drive to make it to the market, but, I would avoid them.

Sources:
https://www.bing.com/search?q=%2band...1%22&FORM=RCRE
http://www.whois.com/whois/andybuy.com
https://www.merchantmaverick.com/reviews/3dcart-review/
http://www.trafficestimate.com/andybuy.com
http://www.trafficestimate.com/gamertagnation.com
Last edited 10-31-2016 at 09:30 PM by futiles.
I was dumb enough to buy a controller from andybuy.com and they took $35 out of my paypal. This was 2 weeks ago. It is a non-US user and they wont respond to any emails. Looks like its not legit. Escalated to a paypal claim and they refuse to respond, so hopefully they can get something back for me. Beware
I was dumb enough to buy a controller from andybuy.com and they took $35 out of my paypal. This was 2 weeks ago. It is a non-US user and they wont respond to any emails. Looks like its not legit. Escalated to a paypal claim and they refuse to respond, so hopefully they can get something back for me. Beware
Originally Posted by jpb
That sucks, hopefully you get your money back. Did they not send you the controller?
That sucks, hopefully you get your money back. Did they not send you the controller?
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Honestly, why would he be upset or need his money back or think it was a scam if he had actually gotten the controller he ordered?
If it arrived broken or non functional. ;-)
I purchased a controller from there and paid $35. It's been almost 3 weeks and although they have replied, they keep saying they're trying to find out why I haven't my order yet. I've asked for my money back three times with no response to that topic. I'm contacting PayPal for my refund tomorrow.
I purchased a controller from there and paid $35. It's been almost 3 weeks and although they have replied, they keep saying they're trying to find out why I haven't my order yet. I've asked for my money back three times with no response to that topic. I'm contacting PayPal for my refund tomorrow.
Originally Posted by gregory594
Man that sucks, but you know what they say about offers too good to be true.. Lesson learned I hope and I also hope you give them the review they deserve.
Just a heads up for anyone looking for a Xbone controller from a legit site, the Microsoft store will be selling controllers with play and charge kits for $39.99 on 11/24, a $35 savings. They will also have other special edition controllers at $39.99 as well.
Just a heads up for anyone looking for a Xbone controller from a legit site, the Microsoft store will be selling controllers with play and charge kits for $39.99 on 11/24, a $35 savings. They will also have other special edition controllers at $39.99 as well.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
NICE! Smile
I ordered something from them and it's been over a month. They haven't replied to any of my emails so I've opened a claim on paypal. Complete scam dont use andybuy.com trust me.
I jusy ordered a External drive 2tb from them 3 weeks ago. I payed with paypal invoice and i still havent received the item or and email with shipping status or anything from them, they won't even reply. Can i take legal action against them?
I jusy ordered a External drive 2tb from them 3 weeks ago. I payed with paypal invoice and i still havent received the item or and email with shipping status or anything from them, they won't even reply. Can i take legal action against them?
Originally Posted by Oumen29
file a claim with paypal and hope for the best.

I seriously don't understand how people keep finding this site and try to buy stuff off of there. It's been months since the posts above called it out for being sketchy and mentioning problems.
file a claim with paypal and hope for the best.

I seriously don't understand how people keep finding this site and try to buy stuff off of there. It's been months since the posts above called it out for being sketchy and mentioning problems.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Something something every minute...

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account