Lets discuss all things E3 2017. I'm kind of surprised that no-one has stared an E3 thread, maybe we were all busy with life, so now that this years E3 has wrapped up and people are starting to get news of whats coming, what are you looking forward to?

Does this year look good for you as a gamer or did you expect something the didn't show up?

Most importantly who is going to get the new Xbox X (formerly Scorpio) and what do you think of the new name?

Are you excited for Original Xbox integration backward compatibility and why of those games would you be interested in seeing?
I'm still getting thru a lot of what E3 had but what I've seen is crazy awesome, I'm very interested in Agony that game just looks Epic, but the thing that really caught my eye was the new Minecraft Super Duper graphics pack (I'm giddy like a little school kid!) That alone was my definitive moment when I knew I was going to buy me an X sooner rather than later. My big question is how long before the X games become so powerful that they won't run on the standard ONE or am I way over thinking that right now?
I know we just got the Morrowind DLC/update for TES Online but would it be too greedy of me to ask if we could get BC for that game?
I have a few games I'm looking forward to my backlog is certainly going to grow I have already Pre-ordered Life Is Strange: Before The Storm and South Park.....many more will join them in my download queue Smile

As for Xbox One X - I love the name but won't buy one on day one as I still have my Day One Edition X1 and an X1 S as a spare which I won in a Charity Giveaway so not overly desperate for the next Console.

As for the making the Original Xbox Games BC I hope the list of games is really random I want games like Blood Omen 2, Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Crash Bandicoot: Wrath Of Cortex on there.......I know it's a long shot for those games but I can dream.

I'm definitely excited for the future of Xbox Smile
Any word on OGXBBC games maybe getting achievements somehow?
I am interested in the One X, since I don't even have a One yet. I am sort of excited by the potential HD size. Since I have been collecting the GWG freebies, I will have a ton of games to download once I sign in, right? It is time I caught up with this generation.
I am interested in the One X, since I don't even have a One yet. I am sort of excited by the potential HD size. Since I have been collecting the GWG freebies, I will have a ton of games to download once I sign in, right? It is time I caught up with this generation.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
Well now we know it's coming in November, start saving or putting a little on it every month.
Yeah, I'm getting it, but just cause...

Games are going to look fantastic on it.. We will be getting on Console close to what people have been getting on PC, so many of those games that are on PC should show well on it and work well with the One with lesser textures... I think it'll be a year or two before we start seeing games really not playable on the One.

Keep in mind, you'll want a 4k monitor/TV with HDR to really justify a One X.

For those that have been holding out(Porsche), I would suggest getting a plain One on sale, the prices on the One X will come down, and due the aforementioned 4k TV reason.

So if you're getting a OneX, do you bother playing any of the Fall releases before on your "old" One?
Any word on OGXBBC games maybe getting achievements somehow?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Won't happen. They weren't in the games originally. BC is simply an emulator to allow the games to run. Adding achievements would require reprogramming the game itself.
Not saying I'm not getting rid of my Xbox anytime in the future, but Sony actually had more games that I was interested in playing then Microsoft.

Days Gone
Uncharted
God of War
Shadow of Colossus
Spiderman

It was cool that they are making Original Xbox games backward compatible, but it seams to me that was the only real big thing Microsoft had to offer.

Only games I really want from this years crop of games are games I already knew about:
1 - State of Decay 2
2 - Middle Earth: Shadow of War

These games are strong maybes, but I can easily just wait on them too
1 - Playerunkown’s Battlegrounds - PC Battle Royal Shooter
2 - Crackdown 3 - Been waiting 3 years on this already
3 - Anthem - Destiny competitor
4 - Beyond Good & Evil 2 - The presentation was awesome, so it made the list

and for anyone who missed it

Maybe you'll want Sony in 2018 then? I think Uncharted is the only one that will hit this year. Spiderman looks really good.

It'll be really great if we get Anthem early next year... Anything that good and pushes the power of XBOX X and shows it well will be a huge win for our favorite platform...

Crackdown 3 is a must buy for me!

Not saying I'm not getting rid of my Xbox anytime in the future, but Sony actually had more games that I was interested in playing then Microsoft.

Days Gone
Uncharted
God of War
Shadow of Colossus
Spiderman

It was cool that they are making Original Xbox games backward compatible, but it seams to me that was the only real big thing Microsoft had to offer.

Only games I really want from this years crop of games are games I already knew about:
1 - State of Decay 2

and for anyone who missed it

Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Won't happen. They weren't in the games originally. BC is simply an emulator to allow the games to run. Adding achievements would require reprogramming the game itself.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
I'm holding out for it... I thought the whole reason we had the 100 friend limit for so long was due to OG platform integrations. Maybe they've worked around it. All of those games had really weird XBOX integrations too with inconsistent interfaces, not sure if they will have to support that wonkiness.

But why would I play those games without achievements?!
I'm holding out for it... I thought the whole reason we had the 100 friend limit for so long was due to OG platform integrations. Maybe they've worked around it. All of those games had really weird XBOX integrations too with inconsistent interfaces, not sure if they will have to support that wonkiness.

But why would I play those games without achievements?!
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Exactly this. They showed Crimson Skies, or was that Freaky Flyers? Anyway it was an OGX game and they showed and said the graphics will be tooled up too, also the fact the we just got Phantom Dust and it has achievements.. Maybe, just maybe we can get some, even if they are like the older XBLA 12 for 200 or maybe just one or two achievements...like beat the game or something....I want to believe that there is some way of traking these games.
1 - State of Decay 2

Originally Posted by MarvzMitts

How can you say that the only two games you want are those top two and then put in the strong maybe category Crackdown 3 with a tag line like that....lol... If you've been waiting that long I'd think it would score a little bit higher on your want list.
I was expecting one thing which is what I thought was going to drive people to buy the Xbox One X and that is a VR/AR helmet to attach to it. I've been waiting and waiting for them to announce something on it but they completely left it off the table.

During E3 2 articles came about. One stating that the Xbox One X would not do any VR/AR headsets and then another stating they still support it. Of course they support it, it's a Win10 OS running on the box.

Since there is not any show of anything towards them getting VR/AR onto the Xbox then I'm not even bothering with any upgrade. I'll start looking at PC's to be able to do it and say good by to the Xbox. I will wait until they can cut the cord though and be all wireless.
I was expecting one thing which is what I thought was going to drive people to buy the Xbox One X and that is a VR/AR helmet to attach to it. I've been waiting and waiting for them to announce something on it but they completely left it off the table.

During E3 2 articles came about. One stating that the Xbox One X would not do any VR/AR headsets and then another stating they still support it. Of course they support it, it's a Win10 OS running on the box.

Since there is not any show of anything towards them getting VR/AR onto the Xbox then I'm not even bothering with any upgrade. I'll start looking at PC's to be able to do it and say good by to the Xbox. I will wait until they can cut the cord though and be all wireless.
Originally Posted by ZeroDesolation
My understanding was that it would be a bring your own VR, much like it is on PC. Still, with a $500 price tag, the Xbox One X would be a cheaper route to VR than a PC.

And HoloLens is wireless. The headset is a self-contained Win10 PC.
My understanding was that it would be a bring your own VR, much like it is on PC. Still, with a $500 price tag, the Xbox One X would be a cheaper route to VR than a PC.

And HoloLens is wireless. The headset is a self-contained Win10 PC.
Originally Posted by futiles
Correct the $500 price is good, real good, reports are saying that this is actually going to be going out at loss for MS, but how much will the VR or HoloLens be? Oculus is going for around $700 last I checked.. and will this go the rout of Kinect?
Correct the $500 price is good, real good, reports are saying that this is actually going to be going out at loss for MS, but how much will the VR or HoloLens be? Oculus is going for around $700 last I checked.. and will this go the rout of Kinect?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Well, the argument isn't really price of VR, since Zero was saying he would buy a PC for VR, the price of Oculus or Vive remains unchanged, just the hardware to drive the VR of choice changes.

No matter what, to do a proper VR setup, you are going to drop $1500, minimum.

An Oculus is $500, but, that is just the headset. You want to actually do something with it that is "VR Like" you are going to want the $100 Oculus Touch (controllers). Oh, and if you actually want it to work, you are going to need 2 Oculus Sensors ($60 each) but, really, you will want 4. So, $500 + $100 + $240 + $600-$1200 (PC) Means somewhere between $1540 and $2140. And, many developers think Oculus is not the good option.

So, HTC Vive, $800. But, that includes the headset, controllers, and sensors. And, it is the supported VR of Bethesda, so, if you want Fallout or Doom VR, it will be a Vive. Still need the PC, so, that cost stands the same.

PSVR is an option, but, no really comparable quality, but, PS4 Pro is $400, PSVR is $400, but you want the $500 bundle (includes the pretty much required Move controllers and PS4 Camera). So, minimum $900, but, not really an apples to apples experience.

Will it go the way of the Kinect? Yes. People get bored with gimmicks. Gimmicks are fun, but, only for so long. 3D is cool, and it was in the 50s, and then in the 80s, and then in the early 2010s... Oh, every 30 years, interesting. Of course, VR is cool. It was in the 90s too. I used to spend entire days at the VR arcade. But, there are huge negatives, like, not seeing your environment. Who wants to be found knocked out because you tripped on the dog?

Of course, HoloLens will counter that, and AR has a lot of real world applications, which usually means the technology will evolve and sustain. It is self contained, and you can see...

Of course, HTC has announced the HTC Vive Standalone, which is exactly that, VR Headset with no PC or Phone required. No info, no stats, no specs, and no price, but, it is intriguing.

That being said, VR is fun, and if you can get a setup without breaking your budget, do it. But, it will not be a sustained gimmick, at least, not this version.
Well, the argument isn't really price of VR, since Zero was saying he would buy a PC for VR, the price of Oculus or Vive remains unchanged, just the hardware to drive the VR of choice changes.

No matter what, to do a proper VR setup, you are going to drop $1500, minimum.

An Oculus is $500, but, that is just the headset. You want to actually do something with it that is "VR Like" you are going to want the $100 Oculus Touch (controllers). Oh, and if you actually want it to work, you are going to need 2 Oculus Sensors ($60 each) but, really, you will want 4. So, $500 + $100 + $240 + $600-$1200 (PC) Means somewhere between $1540 and $2140. And, many developers think Oculus is not the good option.

So, HTC Vive, $800. But, that includes the headset, controllers, and sensors. And, it is the supported VR of Bethesda, so, if you want Fallout or Doom VR, it will be a Vive. Still need the PC, so, that cost stands the same.

PSVR is an option, but, no really comparable quality, but, PS4 Pro is $400, PSVR is $400, but you want the $500 bundle (includes the pretty much required Move controllers and PS4 Camera). So, minimum $900, but, not really an apples to apples experience.

Will it go the way of the Kinect? Yes. People get bored with gimmicks. Gimmicks are fun, but, only for so long. 3D is cool, and it was in the 50s, and then in the 80s, and then in the early 2010s... Oh, every 30 years, interesting. Of course, VR is cool. It was in the 90s too. I used to spend entire days at the VR arcade. But, there are huge negatives, like, not seeing your environment. Who wants to be found knocked out because you tripped on the dog?

Of course, HoloLens will counter that, and AR has a lot of real world applications, which usually means the technology will evolve and sustain. It is self contained, and you can see...

Of course, HTC has announced the HTC Vive Standalone, which is exactly that, VR Headset with no PC or Phone required. No info, no stats, no specs, and no price, but, it is intriguing.

That being said, VR is fun, and if you can get a setup without breaking your budget, do it. But, it will not be a sustained gimmick, at least, not this version.
Originally Posted by futiles
Futiles said it right, price wasn't really the issue. The main reason I was looking at the Xbox One X is it would have been an easier way to run it in my living room without a gaming rig sitting out, plus I'd get the extra hardware benefits of the new console.

I would pick the Vive over all the others as it just looks like the best overall.

Don't know if any of you have seen it but Microsoft has 2 VR headsets coming from Acer and Dell at the $300 price range. You can check them out here. They are still attached by the cable but look pretty good.

With the Vive's new standalone showing up, I will definitely been waiting for that since it drops all the cables. That might be my diving in point once it releases.
I have looked at the Acer and Dell VR headsets a little bit, but, I think budget VR is going to be just that. I am more curious what level of VR the Vive Standalone will be. That is a lot of wireless connectivity and embedded processing to accomplish what traditional Vive does.

Right now, I can run all 3 VR products on the market (PS4 and a PC that is VR capable), but, I have yet to pull the trigger on any of them because nothing is out that I want to play, although Skyrim VR and Fallout VR may be enough to pull the triggers.

Just some info on the Microsoft VR headsets, coming from Dell, Acer, HP, and Lenovo:
https://www.neowin.net/news/ces-2017...r-and-3glasses
Last edited 06-22-2017 at 06:59 PM by futiles.
The Vive Standalone is based off the Daydream from google. Can't remember where I saw it but I think they were looking at basically building a cell phone inside the helmet. If that's the case, the quality is what I would be wondering about. If it can't produce high quality then it might not be the way to go as it will be like using a phone, just without a physical phone you put into the device.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account