2 more weeks to NHL!

Sports

Found 5 posts - Go to Last Post

Starting to get pumped for the start of the NHL season. Watching 2 Sens/Leafs games last night (split squads) was great, even if it is just preseason. Winning them both was nice, not to mention a couple of the young guys really showing well. I'm a Sens fan, and it'll be interesting to see what we do on defense, with 7 guys on 1-way contracts, not including Cody Ceci who was one of our better d-men the second half of last season as a rookie. We might actually be a better team without Spezza, since it seemed everyone thought he'd come back from back surgery and drag us into the playoffs singlehandedly. We made the playoffs without him, Karlsson, and Anderson the year before (injuries) based on hard work and team D, and that's what we need to get back to to squeak in again. That said, Dallas could now be scary in the west, with him and Hemsky both on the 2nd line, where they don't have to play 1st line D. Karlsson is now fully recovered from the Cookie cutter, and could put up better numbers than his Norris year. Looking forward to it.
Haha that is good. I'd like to defend my team... but I can't this week. Almost tempted to remove the jersey avatar item, but I can't do that either, still love the team. Just hope to see a cup before I die...
Haha that is good. I'd like to defend my team... but I can't this week. Almost tempted to remove the jersey avatar item, but I can't do that either, still love the team. Just hope to see a cup before I die...
Originally Posted by smrnov
There's plenty of room on the Lightning bandwagon... I think after this week, there will be more Canadians than Americans in Florida in any case.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account