GAMES WITH GOLD: Free September Offerings

Deals & Discounts

Found 29 posts - Go to Last Post

Xbox One
WWE 2K16 (August Games With Gold)
16th August - 15th September

"Get in the ring and Raise Some Hell with WWE 2K16! Play as your favorite Superstars from the past, present and future and experience the most authentic, comprehensive, in-your-face WWE video game of all-time!"

Earthlock: Festival of Magic
1st September - 30th September

"This westernized turn-based RPG, which in subtle ways reveals its Scandinavian origin, starts as a simple quest, but develops into a deeper journey. Play as Amon and join several unlikely heroes to save Umbra, a beautiful but harsh world that mysteriously stopped spinning thousands of cycles ago. Mix up your strategy to beat your enemies by crafting ammo and materials, harvesting elemental plants, and customizing your characters’ talent tree."

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China
16th September - 15th October

"Exact Shao Jun’s vengeance on the Chinese Emperor in stunning 16th century China with fresh 2.5D stealth gameplay:

• Embody a stealthy Assassin with unique combat skills and gear like the Shoe Blade and the Rope Dart
• Discover the story of Shao Jun, the last remaining Assassin of the Chinese Brotherhood
• Dive into a beautiful Chinese setting by travelling across the great empire of China"

Xbox 360
Forza Horizon
1st September - 15th September

"Where cars belong! Celebrate speed, music, and style at the Horizon Festival. From the makers of the highest-rated racing franchise of this generation, Forza Horizon combines legendary Forza authenticity with the freedom of the open road."

Mirror's Edge
16th September - 30th September

"In a city where information is heavily monitored, agile couriers called Runners transport sensitive data away from prying eyes. In this seemingly utopian paradise, a crime has been committed, your sister has been framed, and now you are being hunted. Mirror's Edge puts you in the shoes of Faith, a Runner who must traverse the vertigo-inducing cityscape, engage in intense combat and fast-paced chases, and survive in this very dangerous world."
Last edited 08-24-2016 at 04:09 PM by PJMC1986.
Oh rude! I thought you had the whole list! Big Grin

Free is free, eh? I'm patient!
It's been four years in the making apparently...
Interesting to see a title that was initially up on Kickstarter being offered for free right out the gate. I'd be pissed to see something that I helped back be given away for free as its initial release...

Yet another reason I don't back software.
hopefully something worth my interest for next month on xbox 360 but of crouse ill keep collecting for the xbox one whenever that day ill get one.
Interesting to see a title that was initially up on Kickstarter being offered for free right out the gate. I'd be pissed to see something that I helped back be given away for free as its initial release...

Yet another reason I don't back software.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Found this on their kickstarter page

Today Microsoft finally announced that we will be doing a one month exclusive launch on XboxOne and be included in the Games with Gold program.

What this means is that Games with Gold subscribers will be able to download the game for free during that month. More importantly it also means that a lot of people will learn about the existence of Earthlock. The strategy on our side is long term. We are planning on making two more Earthlock games and with GwG our reach has increased tremendously.

We are extremely proud to have managed to make this deal with Microsoft!

However, some backers have expressed disappointment that the game will be made free for the GwG subscribers. (It's not really free as they are paying a subscription)

To the disappointment I would like to remind you that you have backed a project on Kickstarter where the purpose is to help make the game a reality. That goal has now been achieved. With GwG we also believe we have a much better chance of making this game a success. Also rest assured that the GwG deal has helped us raise more investor funding that again helped us complete the game in the quality we think you deserve.
Yeah I read the presser. Still would piss me off.
This game sound like it could be good, plus it's free so definitely a pick up.

Does anyone know if Nuclear Throne, Enter The Gungeon and Headlander will be released or if it's Steam PS4 only?
Rumoured Games With Gold
Dead Rising 3
Ryse: Son of Rome
Red Dead Redemption
Dark Souls 2
Assassin's Creed Unity
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
With only three games left to be announced will any of those make the list?
hopefully something worth my interest for next month on xbox 360 but of crouse ill keep collecting for the xbox one whenever that day ill get one.
Originally Posted by EyeLessJester
Same for me. I looked the other day - I have 48 One games already... my data usage is gonna skyrocket that first month XD
None of that list will be free.
An Assassins Creed game was already given away free, so I wouldn't discount the entire list, unless you're thinking since they have already given one away that they would be loosing too much money gibing a second away.. But looking at that list, it does make perfect sense give away a hugely popular game for free, rake in the DLC money and or the hook to get people to buy thier other projects in those series'.
An Assassins Creed game was already given away free, so I wouldn't discount the entire list, unless you're thinking since they have already given one away that they would be loosing too much money gibing a second away.. But looking at that list, it does make perfect sense give away a hugely popular game for free, rake in the DLC money and or the hook to get people to buy thier other projects in those series'.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
I agree with your assertion, but I still doubt any of that will go free. Especially DR3 and Ryse. We could only hope that a XBone launch title would go free at some point.
Yep agree with all of you on these likely not being free too soon, Red Dead was just put on BC and after the little beef with Dark Souls 3 maybe not making 2 free, out of those Diesel listed Ryse would make most sense because almost no one plays anymore, DR3 will have pickups with 4 coming out and the re-releases. The diabolical DLC content making a game Gold just to sell the DLC would be the genius move.
I agree with your assertion, but I still doubt any of that will go free. Especially DR3 and Ryse. We could only hope that a XBone launch title would go free at some point.
I thought Ryse went free once before, if not GwG, then for some promo. It was one of the few discs I bought with the first console, and I have it digitally, now.
I thought Ryse went free once before, if not GwG, then for some promo. It was one of the few discs I bought with the first console, and I have it digitally, now.
Originally Posted by futiles
Do you? Because I still have my disc copy and haven't played it in forever because it wasn't a digital copy, and other reasons.
Do you? Because I still have my disc copy and haven't played it in forever because it wasn't a digital copy, and other reasons.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Maybe it just went cheap enough for me to grab when I was actively playing it. But, I don't remember it being so good that I would have paid very much for it a second time, which is why I thought it must have been free.
Swing and miss on all the rumors.

I guess Assassin's Creed Chronicles China is almost a foul, though...

It's a rare month where I already own 3/4, but, decent enough titles:

Earthlock XONE
AC: Chronicles China XONE

Forza Horizon X360
Mirror's Edge X360
I also own 3/4 of the games owned, at least I can get rid of two game discs
Last edited 08-24-2016 at 05:36 PM by LordChabelo13.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account