TrueAchievements Xbox One App is Available, GN app is possible?

Feature Requests

Found 40 posts - Go to Last Post

Just downloaded it

http://www.trueachievements.com/news...wsitemid=18632

Congratz on a fantastic website and hopefully a fantastic app.

Thanks TA :-)

Eric, there will never be the app on Xbox One of GN?
I don't know if anyone can make an Xbox One app whenever they feel like it haha. TA was also approached by Microsoft.
So after years of violating MS terms of Service by scraping XBOX.com TA gets rewarded. Frustrated, because at the height of 360voice, when Trapper and Fatty Chubs were still running it, it could have went this direction...

So, thanks for bringing up bad memories Quickz. BTW, that's rhetorical sarcasm.
TA was also approached by Microsoft.
Originally Posted by FiR3KiNG Xx
I don't believe that for a second...
This site doesn't do anything that warrants an app. I think GTN should focus on fixing the website before worrying about an app.
This site doesn't do anything that warrants an app. I think GTN should focus on fixing the website before worrying about an app.
Originally Posted by Kaens
fixing ? or evolving?
fixing ? or evolving?
Originally Posted by Sith Rick
Fixing.

Missed scans, failed scans, badges that don't award, games that do not sync, games that lose 1 achievement out of a group, entire days missed by individuals...

Many of these appear to be logged, and Fshguy appears to be addressing them, but, yes, fixing the site first.
fixing ? or evolving?
Originally Posted by Sith Rick
Both. This site does have potential to have app.
Its never good seeing staff slate other sites when things like this happen.

Originally Posted by futiles
Its true.
Fixing.

Missed scans, failed scans, badges that don't award, games that do not sync, games that lose 1 achievement out of a group, entire days missed by individuals...

Many of these appear to be logged, and Fshguy appears to be addressing them, but, yes, fixing the site first.
What Futiles said. I come here daily, usually multiple times a day, and more than half of the threads are for people complaining about broken stuff. Just look at the forum counts (assuming they are correct, because those have been report as wrong as well), Feature Requests and Issues are nearly 4k combined while Gaming Chat is only 4300 (465k of which was is VINGO discussion, and another over 200 is the thread I despise about "did you play the game above you".

This site is going downhill because no one is dedicated to it, and the people who try and dedicate their time to it don't get the support they need. GTN having an app is laughable.
You guys also have to realize this is not as well funded site like TA. We have very little backing (that I know of) and limited resources. This is basically a labor of Love that Eric created by himself. This is why I tell people to be patient, give us time be respectful of what Eric has accomplished so far. Remember the is a free site and I for one think Eric is doing a great job with upgrades and everything else with what he has available. Recently with 360v going down and the major influx of new members putting on additional strains.. and didn't Eric figure out the ONE tracking problem without help from MS to benefit us and additionally we actually got Fshguy to help out with the coding.. Baby steps but at least were walking and in the right direction..
TA started in a similar situation and im sure one day this site will make it to the same level, bugs are a pain to work out
TA was, actually, approached by Microsoft. Since Microsoft gave TA credit for some of the features implemented on the XB1, I think that they've been working together more closely.

On topic, this site has a long way to go before it's app worthy. It may have limited funding, but so did TA. TA made a lot of improvements and evolved into a fantastic site that warrants a subscription. $15 for all the features and functionality is an incredible value. A membership on this site, however, is more of an investment into the hope of a site that might work one day. There is a whole lot broken around here and it honestly isn't worth a cent, functionally speaking. The community is probably the most valuable thing the site has to offer, at the moment.

Maybe things will get fixed eventually and will make the site worth paying for a membership. At that point, the site will probably get more revenue and will be able to reach its full potential. This site has the potential to be awesome.
TA made a lot of improvements and evolved into a fantastic site that warrants a subscription. $15 for all the features and functionality is an incredible value. .
Originally Posted by paintballgirl

It's a waste of money. You don't get anything extra for giving them your cash than I get for using their site for free. (cue the snide replies about being banned for posting there for punting the site owner in the vagina).
It's a waste of money. You don't get anything extra for giving them your cash than I get for using their site for free.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
What kind of features would you expect behind a pay wall? Or what would you pay for? what kind of functionality would be worth your money? At minimum a site needs to pay for it's hosting. Ultimately, you're making a donation for good will.

BTW, no personal attacks please.
TA, and this site, are worth it to me if I have ad free experience and unlimited syncs. That's really all I care about and for the record I've already given this site $60 and I don't think I've given TA that much. Maybe, but they are half the cost and the sync works.
It's a waste of money. You don't get anything extra for giving them your cash than I get for using their site for free. (cue the snide replies about being banned for posting there for punting the site owner in the vagina).
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
I don't consider it a waste of money at all. That's like saying tipping a good server at a restaurant is a waste of money. Sure, you don't HAVE to, but it's pretty rude not to. I use TA a LOT and it has proved to be a helpful resource. Because of that, I choose to have a TA Pro subscription. When I used XboxAchievements a lot, I donated there as well. I feel like a leech constantly using something and not contributing to it in any way. That's just me. But having no ads, more options for friends, unlimited scans (that actually pick up all the achievements...), and more room in my trophy case is an awesome value for $15. I would donate to them anyway, so getting something in return is nice.
So no one noticed that PTarTx has her own achievement?
So no one noticed that PTarTx has her own achievement?
Originally Posted by WolfWood37
I did. Don't think they gave her credit for it, but they should. Smile

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account