Declined

Is this a good idea

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 16 (29.63%) Yes

× 16 (29.63%) No

× 22 (40.74%) Here to Vote

• Added 04-03-2016 07:31 AM
  • 54 votes
we need a forum for this game just for the maps for members to get some good maps users on here made

Submitting Your Map: All map submissions will be moderated before they are approved and published. This process won't be instant and may take some time. We do this to ensure that every map on the site is playable.

Not all maps that are submitted will be accepted. It is important that you read the requirements below to maximise the chance of your map being published.

Map Requirements:
You must be the map creator (Or one of them).
Your map must be complete. No demo / beta versions, unless you plan to submit the full version soon after.
Upload one good picture for the map in the "Add an Image" field
(Adding one logo and three screenshots of the map is preferable. Hiding the UI and using Shaders will make them look better).
A good description of the map is very important and should not be left blank. The "Short Description" will feature on the map list page, and the "Long Description" will be on the map download page. (Putting effort into your description is important because that is what people will see before they decide to download your map).
Your map must not require any Minecraft client mods to work.
Don't include texture / resource packs in the download link if you don't have permission from the author.
The description and in-game story / instructions for the map must be in English
(Our moderators only understand English, so maps in other languages can't be tested at the moment).
Don't name your map after an established franchise, e.g. Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings (Unless you have permission).
Make sure that the correct player spawn point has been set and that the map starts in the intended game mode (You can use a program like "NBTExplorer" to set this in the map files).

AdF.ly Usage for Maps: Using AdF.ly is not something we recommend due to the large inconvenience that it causes users when downloading. It may hurt your chances of the map being accepted. However, as we respect all map makers right to earn a little money from their map, we allow it.

If you choose to use an AdF.ly link for your map then you are solely responsible for the download link, which means you need to make sure that:

You use MediaFire.com for the host. The reason for using MediaFire is because there are no download limits for free users and files generally stay up for a long time. It is also widely used within the Minecraft community so more people are familiar with it.
You archive the map folder into a .zip file. Other archive types such as .rar are not natively supported on operating systems. Mac users will also like you more.

Note: The description of your map may be changed by us to fix any grammatical errors, add more information to it or just make it look a bit more shinier. You can also request changes to be made to it by contacting us.
I voted no. Almost all game page forums are empty, no reason you can't use the game's forum page and just have a standard tag for title like "MAP: <name>". You could even put a poll inside each one so people could rank the map.

Edit: quick check showed there are only 3 threads in the Minecraft Win10 forum. Doesn't seem like your map threads would be lost in there.
I voted no. Almost all game page forums are empty, no reason you can't use the game's forum page and just have a standard tag for title like "MAP: <name>". You could even put a poll inside each one so people could rank the map.

Edit: quick check showed there are only 3 threads in the Minecraft Win10 forum. Doesn't seem like your map threads would be lost in there.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I have to agree with Kaens. If there is enough interest you can also have a dedicated thread in the game from similar to the Post Any Good Deals You Find thread.
Status changed to 'Declined' - Sorry, but I agree with the other posts here. You're free to post them in the designated forum for that game. There isn't an immediate need for a subforum at this time.
The forums are quiet enough for that game each map could get it's own post if you wished. I've never been a fan of loads of forums. Less is more in this case.
I like the concept and think that we could simply use the existing forum, since it's pretty bare. Nice OP though.
Great idea but I think you have to look at the user base, we are a Xbox site not a Minecraft site. I think Kaens idea would work well though and if it does blow up then maybe we can revisit this idea.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account