Supporting a Nation badges.

Feature Requests

Found 20 posts - Go to Last Post

Completed

Should buying a badge be an option?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 22 (36.07%) Yep.

× 20 (32.79%) Nope.

× 19 (31.15%) I don't care, just need the poll vote for a badge.

• Added 03-07-2016 11:59 PM
  • 61 votes
Supporting a Nation III requires 24 months of paid membership. Can a member just pay for 2 years up front and get the badge? I'll donate another year today to get that badge today.
My problem with the badge is it has to be consecutive months. Meaning because I don't let GTN auto renew, I didn't get the badge. I've been a premium member for all but 3 days of the 2.5 years and I don't get credit for it because I let it lapse for hours. That's bull.
My problem with the badge is it has to be consecutive months. Meaning because I don't let GTN auto renew, I didn't get the badge. I've been a premium member for all but 3 days of the 2.5 years and I don't get credit for it because I let it lapse for hours. That's bull.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Actually, I am reconsidering that. I will update the two badges so it's cumulative not consecutive. I also need to go back in time and retroactively award them to previous Premium subscribers that are eligible.
so you dont get the badge until you have been premium for 2 years? if you buy it up front doesnt that guarantee it?
so you dont get the badge until you have been premium for 2 years? if you buy it up front doesnt that guarantee it?
Originally Posted by Sith Rick
Correct, you will get the badge immediately upon renewal since Premium subscriptions are prepaid. If you're in your first year and renew for a second year then you will get the two year badge upon renewal. You don't have to wait in that case.
For the record, back to topic of the poll, tons of the badges are 'bought'. All the arcade ones, play x number of games, play all the summer of 20## games, etc. People who actually support the site should get rewarded with a badge.
I just added donation funds to the site for another year, although I don't expire until May. Does that count? Big Grin lol
Actually, I am reconsidering that. I will update the two badges so it's cumulative not consecutive. I also need to go back in time and retroactively award them to previous Premium subscribers that are eligible.
Originally Posted by GTN Eric
I know I have to renew and now that I have a new job and finally starting to see some wiggle room in my financial status for things like this It will be soon. Question is I know I have a year paid and may even have two years maybe, but if I don't since there was/is a break in my premium status will that still be cumulative or will I have to start all over?
I know I have to renew and now that I have a new job and finally starting to see some wiggle room in my financial status for things like this It will be soon. Question is I know I have a year paid and may even have two years maybe, but if I don't since there was/is a break in my premium status will that still be cumulative or will I have to start all over?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Don't worry, you won't lose progress from your previous renewals. I went ahead and updated the newest Supporting a Nation badges so they count cumulative (not consecutive) renewals.
Status changed from 'Started' to 'Completed' - I have awarded badges to those matching the latest criteria.
Status changed from 'Started' to 'Completed' - I have awarded badges to those matching the latest criteria.
Originally Posted by GTN Eric
Thank you, sir! FWIW, I still would have renewed next time mine expires Wink
Sweet. What a great way for me to cross the 300 mark with a donation related badge. I love it here.
Sweet. What a great way for me to cross the 300 mark with a donation related badge. I love it here.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
This has become my favourite Xbox site. Deffo going to donate when get student loan in September.
This has become my favourite Xbox site. Deffo going to donate when get student loan in September.
Originally Posted by dieselv2
I don't even frequent the other sites much any more.Only TA for achie solutions I need. I just hang around here. The members are the most sound and mature around.
Interesting to come back to. Now, should I become a premium member or not become a premium member that is the question? hmmmmm, decisions, decisions.
Just an idea, but can you add an option to so people can pay for 2 years in a row?
I think you should have a bronze/silver/gold package. Each one costs more. Maybe you get a bronze, silver, gold badge but make them stackable so if you buy gold you'd unlock the previous tiers too.

eg.
Nrmal - Data pulled automatically every 12 hours / 0 manual data pull per 24 hours
Bronze - Data pulled automatically every 6 hours / 0 manual data pull per 24 hours
Silver - Data pulled automatically every 5 hours / 1 manual data pull per 24 hours
Gold - Data pulled every 3 hours or unlimited manually data pull
I don't even frequent the other sites much any more.Only TA for achie solutions I need. I just hang around here. The members are the most sound and mature around.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
Relatively speaking, yes...
Relatively speaking, yes...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
I wasn't referring to myself, if that's what you're implying Wink

And maybe a few others...

But what I mean is the majority of the experience here is mature. Other forums are so busy with immature games and drama, they're no longer fun to peruse.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account