Found 17 posts - Go to Last Post

Do you have a favorite song to listen to on your birthday?
if so please share.

Birthday/deathday by Dethklok
I prefer the traditional "Happy Birthday" and I also prefer that there be lots of alcohol present
I will usually binge nine inch nails on my birthday. Well, actually I binge NIN many days...
I'm with porsch don't need a specific song for any day, but some songs make me feel differently.. as I equate them to certain moments in my life.
Birthday/deathday by Dethklok
Originally Posted by Sentimentalnoos
Yep, that's the one.

Have you seen them live? I saw them with Mastodon and both bands were awesome. The lead guitarist, not that Brendon isn't a lead guitarist also, was a old guy. I'd say maybe late fifties or early sixties and he was amazing to watch. They also had a movie screen behind them the entire time in case you'd rather watch Dethklok the cartoon band play than the real guys play. It was one of the best shows I've been to and I've been to too many to remember them all.
As I've gotten older, I've nearly completely abandoned music. I listen to podcasts all the time. Maybe that's why I'm such a cranky old man.
As I've gotten older, I've nearly completely abandoned music. I listen to podcasts all the time. Maybe that's why I'm such a cranky old man.
Originally Posted by Kaens
That can't be totally true, right? As an old man you have to watch the weather channel I'd assume, so you probably listen to smooth jazz or whatever the hell they play.

So, if you don't listen to music now, what was you favorite birthday song when you were younger. You probably listened to music when it was actually music so I think it'd be interesting to know. Even if it's Huey Lewis or Phil Collins it can't be a bad pick because that's what Patrick Bateman listened to.
Last edited 01-10-2015 at 06:23 PM by Infected Stray.
Yep, that's the one.

Have you seen them live? I saw them with Mastodon and both bands were awesome. The lead guitarist, not that Brendon isn't a lead guitarist also, was a old guy. I'd say maybe late fifties or early sixties and he was amazing to watch. They also had a movie screen behind them the entire time in case you'd rather watch Dethklok the cartoon band play than the real guys play. It was one of the best shows I've been to and I've been to too many to remember them all.
Originally Posted by Infected Stray
Unfortunately I have not. When we lived in Lubbock the only show that was close to us was in DFW and my friend didn't have the money to go and we didn't have the money to pay for his way so we didn't go.
The last time I went to a metal show was back in 04 and saw Avenged Sevenfold in Amarillo.
Unfortunately I have not. When we lived in Lubbock the only show that was close to us was in DFW and my friend didn't have the money to go and we didn't have the money to pay for his way so we didn't go.
The last time I went to a metal show was back in 04 and saw Avenged Sevenfold in Amarillo.
Originally Posted by Sentimentalnoos
Right on, that's very cool that you didn't go because your friend couldn't. 04? Dude, it's about time you caught another show.
Marilyn Monroe - Happy birthday mr president.

Hahahaha

Hahahaha
Originally Posted by Preludecris
Thats a good one too.
Did you know her birth name was Norma Jean?
Right on, that's very cool that you didn't go because your friend couldn't. 04? Dude, it's about time you caught another show.
Originally Posted by Infected Stray
To me that is what friends do.

I will as soon as there is (A) more free time, (B) a friend to go to a show with., (C) more funds for travel and go to a show.
I have never had a "birthday song" in my life. The idea is actually kind of bizarre to me.

Hahahaha
Originally Posted by Preludecris
Snicker snicker...
I have never had a "birthday song" in my life. The idea is actually kind of bizarre to me.
Originally Posted by futiles
Dude, I'm sure you've been to a restaurant on your birthday. While there I would assume that somehow they find out it's your birthday (my wife likes to surprise me by telling them when I'm in the bathroom). As you're eating, a bunch of servers and other employees come out with some awesome dessert and sing Happy Birthday as they walk towards you. I know it's bizarre (more like embarrassing) because they put you in the spotlight, but I would think that as soon as they put the dessert on your table those ideas are erased after you take your first bite.

There are a bunch of songs you can listen to that mention birthdays. Country artists do it all the time. Both Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder have done it if you like pop. Metal bands have done covers of the normal birthday song, but Dethklok has the best original followed by a Zakk Wylde song that was on Aqua Teen Hunger Force. I'm not sure about hip-hop, but I would guess you could use any song talking about poppin bottles, being in a club, or making it rain. If you like EDM or dubstep I'm sure you can just find a song with a normal BPM and sing your own lyrics over it. Since you can find a birthday song in any genre it's not that bizarre to have a favorite.

There's nothing wrong with listening to NIN while enjoying your cake also. You could even narrow it down and play the song Wish. The first line says... This is the first day, of my last days, and if that isn't a song talking about birthdays then I don't know what is.
I know of "The Birthday Song" as owned by Paul McCartney, and the various knock-offs done in restaurants to avoid performance fees.

I have never heard of "a birthday song" that you "enjoy listening to on your birthday" as the original poster queried everyone.
I have never heard of "a birthday song" that you "enjoy listening to on your birthday" as the original poster queried everyone.
Originally Posted by futiles
/sigh

OK...

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account