2016 Microsoft E3

Gaming Chat

Found 28 posts - Go to Last Post

NP, and you can transfer stuff on your internal to an external. I won't say "easily" nor is it "difficult" really.

Just awkward and time consuming. It really needs a "Move All" but you have to select each game and move one-by-one. So, when I got my drive with 20 things installed, it was OK. If I did it now with 200+ things installed, it would be a major pain in the ass.
Originally Posted by futiles
Yeah it does. Another thing I was wondering was if I could just trade in my Xbone for a slim then redownload everything since I do have Live. I was also wondering if saves transfer as well. It sounds like I should put everything on an external just to be safe.
Yeah it does. Another thing I was wondering was if I could just trade in my Xbone for a slim then redownload everything since I do have Live. I was also wondering if saves transfer as well. It sounds like I should put everything on an external just to be safe.
Originally Posted by WolfWood37
Nah. I redownload without issue. And like i said, your saves are cloud based. Nothing for you to do there. Any console you log into when you launch a game syncs the console save with the cloud save.

Now, I HIGHLY recommend using the external drive anyway. So, I cannot recommend enough grabbing the 4TB on sale at Best Buy for $130, and just being done with it.
Hell, get this 5TB drive for $140!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-my-bo...&skuId=4222407

$13 more for 1TB more, that is pretty good.
I'm all for technology if it's good. I have yet to see something in VR that has made me go wow, I need one of those. I don't see VR replacing or matching current gaming experiences, Shooters and this Ridiculous Rig being a perfect example.

VR is just a gimmick, developers just need to concentrate on making better games with good content and stories that are memorable. Give us something to care about.

Even the Star Trek Demo was Eh...If they did not have actual actors from the different Star Trek series (who were certainly paid to be there) to distract you and sell that experience would people care?
Nah. I redownload without issue. And like i said, your saves are cloud based. Nothing for you to do there. Any console you log into when you launch a game syncs the console save with the cloud save.

Now, I HIGHLY recommend using the external drive anyway. So, I cannot recommend enough grabbing the 4TB on sale at Best Buy for $130, and just being done with it.
Thank you, this is what happens when you're somewhat unplugged for 8 months, you forget things.
Thank you, this is what happens when you're somewhat unplugged for 8 months, you forget things.
Originally Posted by WolfWood37
Nah, I just have lots of experience with it in practice. I have one of the X1 set up in my home office, and when I have a conference bridge or similar mundane task going on, I will either play something light, or let something run. So, I have a lot of experience of the past 24 months of moving between consoles.

Also, using console tricks, like I play on my son's box, and he plays on mine...
... I have 3 Xbones. I have all games downloaded on all consoles. I play for an hour on the console in the den, I stop, go to the bedroom, and continue playing, exactly where I left off, automatically, without effort ...
Which one do you have set to your "Home" console? When you tell it to download from Xbox.com or the app, it only downloads to the one "home" one, right?

Do other people use those consoles as well, or are you the principal user for all three of them?
Which one do you have set to your "Home" console? When you tell it to download from Xbox.com or the app, it only downloads to the one "home" one, right?

Do other people use those consoles as well, or are you the principal user for all three of them?
Originally Posted by palmettobling
futiles has a HOME console, it is upstairs on the TV my son uses the most. Games autodownload to that one, and everyone on that console gets the privileges of gold, access to games, EA Access, Vault games, etc. So, futiles buys Elder Scrolls Online, and Sir Wolf Tamer (my son) can play it with me, online, because that console owns it and my gold features.

Sir Wolf Tamer has a HOME console, it is downstairs on the 80" 4K TV. I use it the most. I do all my purchasing via the xbox.com website, and I just go to my ready to install tab, tell them to install, and roll. Since futiles purchases all games, and futiles pays to have gold, whenever futiles is signed in on that console, all of futiles's games work, and all gold features work. So, futiles ALSO logs into ESO or Halo or whatever, and plays that game online with Sir Wolf Tamer.

LibrarianBeth has a HOME console, but, it is basically futiles's travel console. I keep it fairly up to date, when I am in the office, about once a week, I decide to download any new games, new DLC, game updates, etc. This console has a special travel luggage bag (carry on size) that fits it, with spare cabling, and space for controllers and accessories. This is the console that makes me wish "friend and family sharing" had happened in some form. Once again, whenever futiles is logged in, all games and gold features work without issue.

Sir Wolf Tamer and LibrarianBeth have both learned that when futiles is sleeping or not home, they can log his account in as a second signed in account on the main TV console, and have use of all content and features. If I am going to be out of town for an extended period, then, I will move futiles's home console to the 80" TV just so they have all content while I travel.

If you have more questions, or want more details, shoot me a PM, I will happily help you setup something if you want.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account