Any One getting a custom controller and if so

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 37 posts - Go to Last Post

How is the battery life on those? My original battery I bought is getting short on the recharges. $23 for a 1200mah battery is a little much, but I've had bad luck with the after market batteries.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
For ALL devices, I simply switched the using recharagble AAs or AAAs. I rotate them out whenever a remote or controller run out. Seems to be the best most universal way.
For ALL devices, I simply switched the using recharagble AAs or AAAs. I rotate them out whenever a remote or controller run out. Seems to be the best most universal way.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Idk, I've never had any real luck with that type, they always seem to loose power much quicker too, then again I haven't bought those types for a good five or more years, so maybe its gotten better?
How is the battery life on those? My original battery I bought is getting short on the recharges. $23 for a 1200mah battery is a little much, but I've had bad luck with the after market batteries.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Depends on the controller. A regular controller can usually go a week for me on regular AAs, a Microsoft battery pack, an Insignia battery pack, or even rechargeable AAs. The Elite is 2-3 days, tops. It does eat batteries, so, you absolutely want to have rechargeable, of any kind, when using it.
I just decided, "screw it", and ordered one. I made it with shades of green and added my Gamertag to it.
I just decided, "screw it", and ordered one. I made it with shades of green and added my Gamertag to it.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Wait you can add custom graphics? That's a game changer for me. I would love a controller with my GT on it! Mind you I'll still end up getting an elite somewhere down the line..
Wait you can add custom graphics? That's a game changer for me. I would love a controller with my GT on it! Mind you I'll still end up getting an elite somewhere down the line..
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Not exactly but yes. They will laser etch your Gamer Tag or Text at the bottom of the controller.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
I can't pay a 33% markup for JUST my gamertag on it. I'd rather take a controller to someone and have it done there, for roughly the same cost. Give me a custom Elite...
Considering how cheaply made all the xbox one accessories are made I wouldn't give them any extra money. Literately in a weeks time both my microsoft headset and controller broke. Even the $150 elite controllers will break, just do a quick search on YouTube to see for yourself. If you want to buy it to display then maybe, but to actually use it, nope it will eventually break.
I got suckered in and purchased an orange and black one. Seemed like a cool idea to custom design your own controller, just hope that this one lasts longer than the first couple of controllers I had. Here's a link to the design I went with: https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com/en-US...1-1546164e7b17
Yep I got the titan fall controller and the stick is wonky same as the corded controller it now has the wonky thumb stick. I haven't tried to take it apart to see if I can fix it.
I cycle my controller I use the bronze, lunar white, elite and now gears elite. This should minimize wear on any one but may mean all may break around the same time.
Considering how cheaply made all the xbox one accessories are made I wouldn't give them any extra money. Literately in a weeks time both my microsoft headset and controller broke. Even the $150 elite controllers will break, just do a quick search on YouTube to see for yourself. If you want to buy it to display then maybe, but to actually use it, nope it will eventually break.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
That makes even less sense; buy a controller and don't use it. My first headset (the cheap one that comes with the consoles) just finally gave out after 3 years of nearly every day use. I have yet to have a controller break on me, although one did start to experience "drifting" after a little over 2 years of the same type of usage. The simple fact is the Elite controllers are better made, and feel better. You're not "giving them extra money", you're paying for a better product.
Odd, I have yet to have a controller break. Like, EVER. Atari, Nintendo, Sega, Microsoft, Playstation, PC, whatever. None have ever broke.

The worse I have ever experience is drift in the thumbstick, but, only ever on my primary controller, and only after YEARS of use.

I think some people must literally throw their controllers, and then blame the companies for not building them out of Nerf material.
Odd, I have yet to have a controller break. Like, EVER. Atari, Nintendo, Sega, Microsoft, Playstation, PC, whatever. None have ever broke.

The worse I have ever experience is drift in the thumbstick, but, only ever on my primary controller, and only after YEARS of use.

I think some people must literally throw their controllers, and then blame the companies for not building them out of Nerf material.
Originally Posted by futiles
This... I don't know how rough you guys get with your controller's, though I've had the really old Atari controls stick break, because we were kids and pretty rough on them, but we could fix them.. I've had only some drifting on one of my 360 controllers and it's starting on my Day One controller...oh I did have a controller for the SNES shatter on me....of course that was the only time I ever threw a controller against a wall, oh....except the one time with CoD...but I was pretty stressed that day and that was just stupidity on my part.
All my controllers end up drifting. I'm on my 7th Xbox 360 controller. I have had triggers snap in half, thumb sticks wear away, bumpers break off, or just stop working. I don't think I am being overly abusive to the controller. I just use them every day, it's day to day wear. I've tried a few different brands all with the same outcome, they eventually will fail.

Creating a custom controller with your tag etched is a great idea, but in my hands it will break. It would be money wasted if I used it every day. So if anyone would get one, you might use it sparingly. There are plenty of people out there that would buy one just to display and use other controllers for day to day gaming. It's not a crazy idea.

Elite controllers might be better built, but they break. They might feel better, but they will break.

All my controllers end up drifting. I'm on my 7th Xbox 360 controller. I have had triggers snap in half, thumb sticks wear away, bumpers break off, or just stop working. I don't think I am being overly abusive to the controller. I just use them every day, it's day to day wear. I've tried a few different brands all with the same outcome, they eventually will fail.

Creating a custom controller with your tag etched is a great idea, but in my hands it will break. It would be money wasted if I used it every day. So if anyone would get one, you might use it sparingly. There are plenty of people out there that would buy one just to display and use other controllers for day to day gaming. It's not a crazy idea.

Elite controllers might be better built, but they break. They might feel better, but they will break.

Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Maybe it isn't the controllers. I mean, many people are saying, "Wow, that's weird. I haven't experienced that." So, maybe it is money wasted for you, but, it may not be the controllers that are at fault.
It could also be that some of us have had good luck with our stuff while others have just had bad luck. I'm still using my Day One edition console and controller with no issues. Others had issues with those right from the start. I've only had one controller for the 360 give me issues and that was a some Batman themed controller that I found at Best Buy which had the stick drift severely after just a few weeks. Others have controllers break right at the start.

Or, yeah, people could just be rougher on them than I am. ;-)
I have had some controllers (mostly first gen black or white ones) go out on me after a few years of use. The thumb sticks wear down and the left stick drifts or sticks. I know it is the sweat from my hands. I have not had those issues with the rotating D-pad controllers but I almost NEVER use my C-3PO controller just to play it safe. That one just looks pretty next to the R2-D2 console. My Day One controller is the one I use least. My son and I use the Lunar White one every day and that one has proven to be more resilient and sturdy. Guests get to use an updated audio jack regular controller and I also have a Forza 6 controller (identical to Lunar White) for when my son and I are both playing.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account