Crytek In Deep Trouble – Adoption of CryEngine Not Good, Ryse Development Catastrophi

Ryse: Son of Rome

Found 2 posts - Go to Last Post

Bad News

Crytek In Deep Trouble – Adoption of CryEngine Not Good, Ryse Development Catastrophic

According to Gamestar, the adoption of CRYENGINE is not going well and the word-of-mouth at GDC was negative. Strangely enough, CRYENGINE is currently one of the most optimized engines, so Crytek should really look into its subscription prices otherwise this amazing engine may never be used by other triple-A developers.

Not only that, but Gamestar claims that the development of Ryse was catastrophic for the studio. Just mere months before its release, the game was severely behind and Crytek was able to complete it with additional manpower. And from what we’ve seen thus far, Ryse did not sell as well as Crytek hoped (especially for a console exclusive).

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/crytek...-catastrophic/
There are a lot of rumors going around about this. From what I hear, the company is I. trouble, but its mostly from poor management and personal issues between the two brothers at the top. They say payroll is weeks behind and they cannot keep up with payments on equipment.

Sucks for the employees, but I'm sure someone will pick up then engine in the barging bin if it comes to that.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account